Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
141 - 160 of 5003 Posts

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts
Re: Let's Talk About Politics! The Official Political Discussion Thread

Kavanaugh is probably some corporate shill and that's why they're pushing so hard to get him in. There's no doubt about that. But that does not mean that any other pick would be any better because over time the supreme Court as well as Congress have been filled with pro corporatist shills. The hostile takeover of the country is complete. You and I both know this. I know that deep down you do know this.

It is actually good to know that you don't always blindly vote democrat. Hopefully in time you'll realize that voting for anyone is pointless.

I'm a cynic now.
OH I already realize that LOL Voting is all an illusion, it's not like they do what we want anyway, they do what their donors want

·
From parts unknown
23,257 Posts

OH I already realize that LOL Voting is all an illusion, it's not like they do what we want anyway, they do what their donors want
This is why I at this point in time just don't debate as endlessly. It's pointless. The minutia is a distraction because most people don't see the bigger picture.

·
Listen. No really, LISTEN.
5,535 Posts

Amazon raised wages to $15 bucks an hour.

Citing tight labor market. But I think that a recent Twitter exchange between Bernie and Bezos bight have something to do with it as well.

Funny though. This still needs to be accounted for inflation. And 350k workers are a drop in the ocean in a country of 160 million odd workers.
Amazon "raising wages" is nothing more than corporate virtue signalling. Bernie Sanders is a political hack who only wants to look good for the younger uninformed voters, and Bezos is a greedy piece of shit. This "wage hike" is a net gain for Amazon monetarily and in public perception.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/3/17934194/amazon-minimum-wage-raise-stock-options-bonus-warehouse

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/amazon-cuts-bonuses-leads-questions-about-wage-hike-n916466

:mj4

·
Banned
285 Posts

·
Banned
285 Posts

Amazon "raising wages" is nothing more than corporate virtue signalling. Bernie Sanders is a political hack who only wants to look good for the younger uninformed voters, and Bezos is a greedy piece of shit. This "wage hike" is a net gain for Amazon monetarily and in public perception.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/3/17934194/amazon-minimum-wage-raise-stock-options-bonus-warehouse

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/amazon-cuts-bonuses-leads-questions-about-wage-hike-n916466

:mj4
Bernie Sanders is a bum that couldn't hold down a real job for a huge chunk of his life, but he wants to decide how to spend other people's money.

·
Banned
285 Posts

Its deflection because if you admit he is not credible then it would be silly of you to claim oh I am a biased democrat for being against Kavanaugh.

Yes, I told you before I voted for Romney over Obama the 2nd term because Obama what not what he claimed to be. I have brought this up over and over again on these forums

I voted for Weld in MA back in the day as well as Cellucci. Also voted for some Republicans in elections almost every election.

I don't vote down ballot.
I was tempted to vote for Gary Johnson, but then when got the spotlight on him he started acting like an idiot.

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts

LOL yeah a few of his buddies claimed its that yet in the yearbook some of them had devils triangle with multiple years next to it. If it was a drinking game why would they do that? Please

Guess if you and a few of your buddies said 69 was drinking game people should believe that too right? The trolls on this forum are hilarious

You also ignored this

Jamie Roche, Kavanaugh's freshman year roommate at Yale told CNN that he heard Kavanaugh use the term to refer to sexual activity.

·
Banned
285 Posts

LOL yeah a few of his buddies claimed its that yet in the yearbook some of them had devils triangle with multiple years next to it. If it was a drinking game why would they do that? Please

Guess if you and a few of your buddies said 69 was drinking game people should believe that too right? The trolls on this forum are hilarious

You also ignored this

Jamie Roche, Kavanaugh's freshman year roommate at Yale told CNN that he heard Kavanaugh use the term to refer to sexual activity.
Yeah, that Roche guy was on CNN and sounded a lot like Ford...

I don't know... I don't remember... It was a long time ago....

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts

When your eyes are looking to the sides it means are you are trying to remember something, its a way to recall things
Its a memory trick.

·
Banned
285 Posts

When your eyes are looking to the sides it means are you are trying to remember something, its a way to recall things
Its a memory trick.

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-tell-someones-lying-by-watching-their-face-2016-1/#watch-their-eyes-1

He is even doing the head shaking thing.

-Looking around the room (especially to the right)
-Frequent blinking
-Sometimes shaking his head as he accuses Brett of things

I'm not going to say that he is lying about every single thing, but I don't think he is being completely truthful.

·
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
14,329 Posts

I'm also tired of arguing. At least a lot of us in this thread that have spent so much time together are finally starting to see eye to eye.

Hey ... Given how much "leftists" are praising Nike these days apparently that's another thing the left and right can now agree on. And all Nike has done is spend millions they earned from the same people and gave it to one person using people's emotions against each other. While society remains divided, they're literally laughing all the way to the bank ... Being supported by "leftists"

Corporations own Americans. Heart and mind. There really is no doubt at this point.

I'm pro capitalism still but not to the extent where such manipulation should be allowed to exist.
Yup as soon as the Nike campaign came out I was like.. Yeah that's a scam.. and where is all that Nike stuff now? No where. Because they got their money. Nike hasn't changed how it does business, hasn't lowered their prices for poor people. A bunch of rubes bought their stuff virtue signaling as if a pair of sneakers will somehow change something.

I'm sure another company will do the same stuff and try to fleece money. Game companies are trying it, these companies DO. NOT. CARE. Yet people go head down ass up for these companies and Politicians that over and over fuck them.

At some point you have to question if people just simply like being fucked over. :laugh:

·
From parts unknown
23,257 Posts

Yup as soon as the Nike campaign came out I was like.. Yeah that's a scam.. and where is all that Nike stuff now? No where. Because they got their money. Nike hasn't changed how it does business, hasn't lowered their prices for poor people. A bunch of rubes bought their stuff virtue signaling as if a pair of sneakers will somehow change something.

I'm sure another company will do the same stuff and try to fleece money. Game companies are trying it, these companies DO. NOT. CARE. Yet people go head down ass up for these companies and Politicians that over and over fuck them.

At some point you have to question if people just simply like being fucked over.
They obviously do. But not really because the Corporate media itself is apolitical and only cares about money. All it needs to do is convince people to spend money. That's it. It's also amoral and in its amorality it is not held to any standard of what we seem good or bad, just that we are convinced to continue to consume.

I'll give you a more real world example of an actual and real impact of corporate amorality.

When the Danish Cartoon of Mohammad were revealed, the entire west unanimously rose up in defense of free speech.

It wasn't until the 1.7 billion Muslims threatened boycott of Western Corporations that the entire western narrative changed from protection of freedom of speech to "ok let's stop angering Muslims". Suddenly newspapers were filled with articles about islamophobia instead of protection of one of the wests greater ideals. An entire generation of millennials were raised to fear the wrath of angering people halfway around the world because those people hallway around the world constituted a massive loss for western corporations.

The battle of free speech is essentially really a war over market share.

Since the Mohammad cartoon protests, the very idea of free speech in the west is under threat and the western media itself is leading the charge despite their own journalists getting killed.

It's because the real power brokers realized that Muslims are a huge marhet and a lot of their other forms of livelihood (like weapon sales) depend on sucking Saudi Cock.

People are pawns. The only reason why they're allowed to live is because the corporate machine needs its fuel. We're the batteries and the power source that fuels the means of our 9wn subjugation and pretend it's freedom.

·
@delecast
4,405 Posts

If conservatives (in the US) can be single issue voters vis a vis abortion, I'm going to become a single issue voter in terms of cannabis legalization. It is THE winning issue in 2020. Why does no one realize this?

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts

At some point you have to question if people just simply like being fucked over. :laugh:
Moving Your Eyes Improves Memory, Study Suggests
https://www.livescience.com/1473-moving-eyes-improves-memory-study-suggests.html

Moving your eyes from side to side can help improve the accuracy of your memory.
https://digest.bps.org.uk/2007/03/26/improve-your-memory-wiggle-your-eyes-back-and-forth/

Scientists believe moving your eyes forces the two sides of your brain to communicate, improving its capacity to retrieve facts.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-452769/Its-eyes-secret-better-memory.html

mutha fucking science

·
E:16
6,195 Posts
Did anyone seriously think Nike were the good guys?

I just saw pathetic conservatives losing their shit like a bunch of babies and the Damn sjdoubleyoos saying they'd buy more to stick it to these pathetic conservatives.

Nike are and continue to be a company that runs sweatshops with kids to make cheap as fuck clothes to sell at premium price.

Reactions: DOPA and Reaper

·
From parts unknown
23,257 Posts

Did anyone seriously think Nike were the good guys?

I just saw pathetic conservatives losing their shit like a bunch of babies and the Damn sjdoubleyoos saying they'd buy more to stick it to these pathetic conservatives.

Nike are and continue to be a company that runs sweatshops with kids to make cheap as fuck clothes to sell at premium price.
American leftists are a lot like the conservatives they despise which is so hilarious when you really think about it :lmao

Two sides of the same coin. The real reason why there is no actual difference between democrats and republicans and when it comes to important issues like war and war budgets they vote unanimously the same way. And when they know they're going to lose the vote anyways, they vote along party lines knowing that they would lose anyways - just to create the illusion of opposition.

·
Premium Member
44,035 Posts

American leftists are a lot like the conservatives they despise which is so hilarious when you really think about it :lmao

Two sides of the same coin. The real reason why there is no actual difference between democrats and republicans and when it comes to important issues like war and war budgets they vote unanimously the same way. And when they know they're going to lose the vote anyways, they vote along party lines knowing that they would lose anyways - just to create the illusion of opposition.
And that's why I hate modern day US politics.

It isn't about arguing ideals, achieving compromise, or staying consistent with your beliefs.

Its just "Muh side's gotta win!" and that's it.

141 - 160 of 5003 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.