Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What did you guys think of the angle?

I personally feel it's one of the biggest angles the WWF/E has ever done. The fact that the Undertaker was brainwashing people, trying to take CONTROL of the company, kidnapping the bosses daughter, crucifying people, burning the pentagram on people's lawns. It was absolutely captivating TV. I loved the Undertaker as a heel. Yes he was still popular, but he was evil personified during this period.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
MOD undertaker is one of my favorite undertaker eras. His theme fucking ruled at that time and he played a good heel. I remember being a little kid and I was so captivated by the story lines involving the ministry. From embalming stone cold to crucifying him it was all so awesome.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
I liked it a lot. Though I do wish they would have cut the dead weight that was Mideon and Viscera. Undertaker was awesome as the evil Satanic cult leader with an epic goatee. APA was so badass. The Brood were cool. Their theme is one of the best ever.

The Corporate Ministry is another story though.

·
Registered
8,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I liked it a lot. Though I do wish they would have cut the dead weight that was Mideon and Viscera. Undertaker was awesome as the evil Satanic cult leader with an epic goatee. APA was so badass. The Brood were cool. Their theme is one of the best ever.

Corporate Ministry was definitely not as strong as the Ministry or the Corporation. It did lead to Austin as CEO though. And I do love this epic promo.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
The ministry is perfect example of just how much stables are needed in WWE. Guys like viscera,mideon were useless, but because they were in a group like the ministry, and because they were associated with Undertaker, they seemed so much more important.

That's exactly what WWE needs today, more stables! Who cares if a guy in a stable was good before it, or will be good after it, guys in a stable in general stand out.

Nexus is a more recent example. Nobody ever thought someone like Slater or Otunga would be good, but because they were in a dominating stable like Nexus, nobody really cared about individuals, they loved the whole stable(for first few months)

·
Registered
8,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The ministry is perfect example of just how much stables are needed in WWE. Guys like viscera,mideon were useless, but because they were in a group like the ministry, and because they were associated with Undertaker, they seemed so much more important.

That's exactly what WWE needs today, more stables! Who cares if a guy in a stable was good before it, or will be good after it, guys in a stable in general stand out.

Nexus is a more recent example. Nobody ever thought someone like Slater or Otunga would be good, but because they were in a dominating stable like Nexus, nobody really cared about individuals, they loved the whole stable(for first few months)
I agree stables were very important during the attitude era, and of course WCW had awesome stables as well.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts

I liked Mideon's work in the Ministry, but agree on Viscera. This was by far Taker's best character work. The dead man character had lost a lot of momentum when Paul Bearer sided with Mankind and the Ministry really explored and got the most out of Taker. Exploring mind control and manipulation was awesome and he played the part so well. The limo ride with Stephanie was hilarious when Taker was revealed to be the driver, the Brood coming down from the rafters to help hang Bossman was great, too.

I feel that they destroyed the storyline when Vince was revealed. That was Takers group and finding out that he was It was even worse when HHH got involved. Vince really undermined Taker's character by being involved

·
Registered
593 Posts
What did you guys think of the angle?

I personally feel it's one of the biggest angles the WWF/E has ever done. The fact that the Undertaker was brainwashing people, trying to take CONTROL of the company, kidnapping the bosses daughter, crucifying people, burning the pentagram on people's lawns. It was absolutely captivating TV. I loved the Undertaker as a heel. Yes he was still popular, but he was evil personified during this period.
GREAT angle and GREAT fucking thread......like you said CAPTIVATING television....when stone cold came out and saved steph i went APESHIT as a 12 year old(this was part of the ministry angle correct?)

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Like OP said, one of the best angles ever done. Undertaker was so fuckin badass, he looked like a walking demon. He was booked real strong for the most part. It was ruined when it got mixed into the Corporate Ministry though.

·
Registered
744 Posts
When I was a kid and everyone I knew was watching wrestling, this was the angle they talked about the most, even more than Austin vs. the Corporation. I thought it was pretty cool myself, some of it was pretty freaky at that time, it made for fun TV to watch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts