Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Fave match Sting was involved in?

2. Who do you think he had the best chemistry with?

3. Fave memory of all time in regards to Sting?

4. Thoughts on his promo and in ring ability?

5. Where is Sting on your GOAT list..Discuss

·
Premium Member
15,359 Posts
1. Sting vs. Ric Flair at Great American Bash '90

2. Ric Flair or Lex Luger

3. When he beat Hogan at Starrcade '97. It's like Sting had a blank look on his face as Buffer announced him as champion. He probably was pissed Nick Patrick botched the fast count earlier.

4. Promo wise, Sting is one of those guys that got better as he got older. Back in the day, being the young babyface prototype didn't leave much room for him on the mic, especially in WCW's environment back then. But as the years went by and he got more & more promo time, he was actually pretty good.

Same thing for his in ring ability. Sting was never regarded as a great in the ring but was able to hold his own with the best and always has. The guy was an amazing athlete, especially with the shit he was doing in the early 90s, which says a lot as Sting was around 250 at the time. Combine that with his character and his amazing charisma, he was actually pretty good. A good match with Flair is a given. He went on to have great matches with Vader and Cactus Jack and was one of the few guys able to pull a great match out of Lex Luger.

5. One of my favorite wrestlers of all time and if we're talking strictly WCW, easily in the top 2. If we're talking all of wrestling, he MIGHT make my top 25. Don't get me wrong, a good wrestler but I can easily name at least 20 more miles ahead of him.

I'd say Sting is the most charismatic wrestler I've seen, if not, he's gotta be top 5.

Might not be a popular thing to say but in a way, I see John Cena as a modern day Sting. In the sense of he's a guy that rarely gets credited with being as good as he actually is and it's like both men worked their asses off in the ring. They tend to not get their due or are overlooked as far as ability goes because there's always going to be that 1 guy who was so much better and that brought the best out of both men. Sting had that with Flair and Cena had that with Punk.

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
Sting vs Cactus Jack WCW Beach Blast.

Flair

The iconic feud with Hollywood Hulk Hogan

Promos:Not good

In-ring skills:From what I have seen,he was decent.His presence more than made up for his average in-ring skills

I would place him among the top 15 wrestlers in the last 30 years.

·
Registered
22,784 Posts
1. Fave match Sting was involved in?

Favourite has to be against Regal from GAB 96... though it was literally like 99% Regal and 1% Sting lol. He had some BETTER matches with Vader (I'm like, reversed with which ones I love... I prefer their later matches in 94 or whatever compared to their 92/93 ones), but REGAL is just so brilliant in the GAB match that I can watch it any time.

2. Who do you think he had the best chemistry with?

Vader, without a doubt. Not much choice here though as I don't think much to any of his Flair matches.

3. Fave memory of all time in regards to Sting?

Don't really have one, never a fan of Sting so aside from some matches here and there I don't have any good memories of the guy :p.

4. Thoughts on his promo and in ring ability?

Promo ability is ok, sometimes he can provide us with a good promo but most of the time he's average at best. In ring? Not that good either. His good matches are always with a superior opponent who is honestly the major reason for the matches being good (Vader killing him, Regal out wrestling him etc).

5. Where is Sting on your GOAT list..Discuss

No idea but he wouldn't be anywhere near my top 50.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts