Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like Dibiase, this guy is also up there as one of the greatest heels of all time to grace the WWF/E I believe, such a great worker, which I see absolute shades of Hennig within Dolph Ziggler today (which I feel that Ziggler is the best seller on the current roster by far!), the way Ziggler sells and bumps is absolute shades of Mr Perfect, not only his look, but the way he works too, I'm pretty sure he's studied Perfect a lot over the years.

So anyway, in regards to Curt Hennig, as before :

1. Fave match Perfect was involved in?

2. Who do you think he had the best chemistry with?

3. Fave memory of all time in regards to Perfect?

4. Thoughts on his promo and in ring ability?

5. Hall Of Fame worthy? .... Discuss. (His induction already of course).

Mr Perfect Promo

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
1. I can't remember the date, but the classic with Bret, the loser leaves WWE with Flair, and there was Saturday Night Main Event with Hogan that sticks out in my mind, and SummerSlam vs Shawn

2. Bret in ring, but Flair as a partner in crime. Flair/Henning/Heenan were magic.

3. Many memorable promos with Flair and when he joined the NWO

4. Excellent ring worker. Very technical 2nd generation wrestler. Excellent heel mic worker. Played the condescending prick arguably better than anyone.

5. Like Dibiase, it is an atrocity that he never held a world title. I think WCW misused the hell out of him. I have always felt that he should have stayed with the Horseman instead of joining the NWO. He would have been the perfect guy to replace Flair as Flair was already too old to be in the main event picture in the group and the group could have stayed relevant for a little longer.

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
To me, one of the best technical wrestlers of all time. Easily one of the top five IC champions of all time.

But at the same time, one of the best wrestlers to never have so many great 5* matches.
In my mind, Perfects only really oustanding matches was against Bret Hard at Summer Slam 1991 and at KOTR 1993.
Other than that, how many five star matches did he have on WWF TV?

It was just a dissapointment in his match against Shawn Michaels at Summer slam 1993.
His matches against Hogan and Warrior was decent to good, same with his matches with Snuka, Tito, Flair, Luger, Tornado, Bulldog and Piper

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Perfect is another guy I could ramble on about for hours if I was so inclined. He's also another Top 10 all time favorite.

vs. Bret at KOTR 93. Followed by his match w/ Bret at Summerslam 91 and his AWA title loss to Lawler in Memphis.

Bret. They had great chemistry. One of my top "what might have been's" is missing out on a proper Bret/Perfect WWF Title feud. Bret/Perfect III (and beyond!) for the WWF Title would have ruled.

His vignettes. They were class, much like Perfect himself.

And this moment in my friend's basement. There was a wrestling hater in the house. He made fun of everything until Mr. Perfect came on. Then he was like, "Mr. Perfect rules. Call me if he comes on again. By the way, wrestling still sucks....except for Mr. Perfect." Mr. Perfect was so cool that even wrestling haters liked him. That's a sign of greatness.

Also, the gum swat and the towel toss. I STILL do these from time to time.

Average on the mic for the most part, but he did cut some great promos with Flair when they were together.

Great in ring ability. He bumped and sold like nobody else of his day. Nobody ever got tossed by the hair like Perfect. He was so smooth with his offense too. And, of course, the PerfectPlex is a GOATC finisher.

5. Hall Of Fame worthy?

Absolutely. But it's crazy to think about how much he could have done had he not missed 5 years(!) of action during what very well may have been his prime. I'm sure he would have been WWF champion (probably multiple time) in the mid 90s. And he'd likely be in the GOAT conversation with Flair, Michaels, Bret, Austin, Rock, etc.

He's like the Gale Sayers of pro wrestling.

*Btw, I really hate the Loser Leaves Town match with Flair. No idea why so many people cream their pants over that stinker. Both guys looked really off. The Doink series is where it's at!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Favourite Match:

Mr Perfect vs Ric Flair Monday Night Raw 1/25/93. Closely followed by his matches with Bret at KOTR 93, Summerslam 91 & their GOAT match in 89.

Best Chemistry:

As an opponent Bret. As a partner it's gotta be Flair & Heenan, those 3 were untouchable.

Fave memory of all time in regards to Perfect?

Beating Flair clean 1...2...3 in the middle of the ring on Raw in what was Flair's last WWF match for nearly ten years.

Thoughts on his promo and in ring ability?

One of the best in ring workers of all time, bar none. His promo work was underrated too, he truly was "perfect" at everything he did (apart from his offspring, he isn't perfect, at all).

Hall Of Fame worthy?

Of course, but the WWE HOF means very little to me when you have guys like Pete Rose, Koko B. Ware & Donald Trump included but true pioneers & legends like Randy Savage, Jake Roberts & Rick Rude aren't.

·
Who am I ?
4,921 Posts
Top 5 favorite of all time. loved Henning

favorite match was his vs. flair in 93

He just had EVERYTHING, look, charismatic, :mark: in ring, and had the "it" factor his son unfortunate lacks. Definitely HOF, how he didnt hold the WWE title I will never know, although the IC was at its PEAK when he held it or close to

Favorite memories was the flair/heenan/perfect trio in 92-93, just GOLD, wanted to be as cool as those guys

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
For me Mr Perfect is just the complete and quintessential image of a professional wrestler, particularly in that era. When you step back and think of what a professional wrestler should look like, act like, talk like (especially in the 80's) - Perfect is absolutely it for me. Long blond hair, muscular, athletic, brightly coloured ring gear, big personality, cocky attitude and just perpetually boasting about being the very best. Just the perfect snapshot of what's great about the weird, colourful and yet hugely entertaining world of pro-wrestling.

Just can't speak highly enough of him. I'm with Redskins, Perfect's definitely in my personal fave 5 of all time. Shame he's not around today, it was great seeing him team with his Dad back in the day and it would have been a cool touch to see it all come full circle with Perfect teaming with Axel for a one-off match at some point.

At least we did get one last nostalgia run though, and we got this little gem of a moment:

Just watching that there, did JR say Perfect made his first Rumble appearance in '93? Wut?

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I agree with everything here, I also feel his match with Bret and Flair were spot on, definitely had the best chemistry with Bret, Bret always says he was his favourite person to work with I think, it's clear why, those guys just worked!

·
Who am I ?
4,921 Posts
For me Mr Perfect is just the complete and quintessential image of a professional wrestler, particularly in that era. When you step back and think of what a professional wrestler should look like, act like, talk like (especially in the 80's) - Perfect is absolutely it for me. Long blond hair, muscular, athletic, brightly coloured ring gear, big personality, cocky attitude and just perpetually boasting about being the very best. Just the perfect snapshot of what's great about the weird, colourful and yet hugely entertaining world of pro-wrestling.

Just can't speak highly enough of him. I'm with Redskins, Perfect's definitely in my personal fave 5 of all time. Shame he's not around today, it was great seeing him team with his Dad back in the day and it would have been a cool touch to see it all come full circle with Perfect teaming with Axel for a one-off match at some point.

At least we did get one last nostalgia run though, and we got this little gem of a moment:

Just watching that there, did JR say Perfect made his first Rumble appearance in '93? Wut?
well said, he truly was the quintessential new-generation wrestler wasnt he

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts

Easily his matches against Bret Hart at Summerslam 1991 and at the King of the Ring 1993.

Nick Bockwinkel and Bret Hart. He also had some pretty good chemistry with Ric Flair.

When he made a return at the WWF Royal Rumble 2002. Incredible moment as I thought I'd never see him on WWF television again.

His mic skills and wrestling skills were top notch. Mr. Perfect was someone that had the IT factor which is why he was able to make th Mr. Perfect character work.

5. Hall Of Fame worthy?

Yup. No doubt about it.

·
Master Of the DDT
801 Posts
Top 5 favourite of all time, without a doubt! I was a Perfect mark pretty much from his debut in the WWF.

Any match between him & Bret.
His first Intercontinental title win over Tito Sanatna. (All my friends were rooting for Tito)

Bret, Flair, Michaels, Piper. His work with Rick Rude is always overlooked. And I thought that he & Windham made a pretty good tag team.

Damn.
Both of his Intercontinental championship wins.
His WWF return at the Royal Rumble.
Joining the Four Horsemen (which he should have stayed a part of)
Accepting Savage's offer to tag up at the 1992 Survivor Series.

One of the best at both. One of the few wrestlers I've ever seen that probably never had a bad match. (I think that even his WM 9 match against Lex Luger was better than it gets credit for) If he were alive today, I bet he could even make David Otunga look good.

5. Hall Of Fame worthy?

Beyond a shadow of a doubt. Just wish he had been there.

I think Vince really fucked up by not having Hennig & Hart feud over the WWF title throughout 1993. They should have met for the title at Summerslam 1993. Would have been better than the Lex Express.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts