Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
just like before... your thoughts in regards to one of the most under used tag team wrestlers of all time - the Legendary Bushwhacker Luke...

1. Fave match Luke was involved in?

2. Who do you think he had the best chemistry with?

3. Fave memory of all time in regards to Luke?

4. Thoughts on his promo and in ring ability?

5. Hall Of Fame worthy? .... Discuss.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
just like before... your thoughts in regards to one of the most under used tag team wrestlers of all time - the Legendary Bushwhacker Luke...

3. Fave memory of all time in regards to Boss Man?

:no:

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,013 Posts

3. Fave memory of all time in regards to Boss Man?

And again lol

I actually enjoyed their matches with the natural disasters and beverly brothers, the money inc run in's wasn't too bad either, and when they came out to Rhythm and Blue's selling the merchandise lol

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
his violent and bloddy matches as part of the infamous sheepherders are some of the most brutal matches in Wrestling history.

A true legend. Even given a crappy gimmick in WWF, he proved he could get over, and got over more than most other tag teams.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Can anybody differentiate between Luke and Butch? Like is one considered the 'good worker' or something. I'm actually kind of curious.

I guess vs. The Fantastics in UWF because at least they had a couple bloodbaths in the positive star range. But even there I couldn't get into the Sheepherders. They were still the shitty Bushwackers in my eyes, and the Bushwackers are just about the worst thing ever. Hate really isn't a strong enough word in this case.

I guess Butch. You can't have dumb without dumber. And no, I don't know which is which.

I think the Bushwackers got squashed by the Natural Disasters one time. So that, assuming it happened.

Too bad they never got stuffed into one of Taker's bodybags or Banzai'd out of existence by Yokozuna. Because either one of those things would be a contender for my favorite wrestling memory ever.

I said 'poor and poorer' for the Warlord, so whatever is about five steps beneath that.

5. Hall Of Fame worthy?

God no. First ballot Hall of Shamer for sure though.

And just in case I haven't made myself clear already....

I HATE THE BUSHWACKERS!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you seen his bloody and violent matches pre-WWF? They were great man.

As for HOF worthy, hell yeah, he was over and became a household name bck in the day, also the kids just loved him. IF Koko is in, so will Luke.

Sure htey were not given the opportunety to shine the way the did, due to the gimmick they were given when entering WWF, but still they managed to get over big time.

As for his best chemistry, I'd say against the Fabulous Rougeau Brothers, hilarious mathces

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
As for his best chemistry, I'd say against the Fabulous Rougeau Brothers, hilarious mathces
I didn't find the Bushwackers funny at all. They're down there with Duggan and Beefcake as some of my least favorite acts of that era. I'm talking Face Doink levels of bad. They made me kind of hate pro wrestling. Just seeing the word "Bushwhackers" sends me into a frenzy of red-faced ranting. They're easily one of my least favorite wrestling acts ever.

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Funny you mention Doink, I was actually happy to see that Bushwhackers along with Men On A Mission dressed as Doinks replaced the Real Doink at the Survivor Series match. Not that I cared that mcuh for either team, but I cared more for them than the fre*king Clown

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
I didn't find the Bushwackers funny at all. They're down there with Duggan and Beefcake as some of my least favorite acts of that era. I'm talking Face Doink levels of bad. They made me kind of hate pro wrestling. Just seeing the word "Bushwhackers" sends me into a frenzy of red-faced ranting. They're easily one of my least favorite wrestling acts ever.
I'm with you, man.

·
Master Of the DDT
801 Posts

Any of the Royal Rumbles. There were other wrestlers around & he & Butch usually didn't last long, so I didn't have to see them for very long.

Butch.

When I realized the Buchwhackers were no longer on WWF T.V.

I've seen some Sheepherders matches... Butch & Luke were limited in the ring. They were passable in the ring.
I'll give them credit where credit is due however: Luke & Butch knew how to work a crowd & had good timing.
Their promo skills as the Sheepherders were surprisingly quite good. As the Bushwhackers? Fucking terrible & unfunny.

5. Hall Of Fame worthy?

Not even close.

It's amazing how different the two were as the Sheepherders & Bushwhackers. I'll take the former any day.
The Bushwhackers were unfunny, insipid & their matches were just a waste of time. I would have liked to see what their careers would have been had they been allowed to carry over as the Sheepherders.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts