Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
14,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's say that Immortal will be completely revamped sometime after Lockdown. Ignoring all the spoilers for this week, who should be removed/added?

Out:
Rob Terry
Bully Ray
Gunner and Murphy

In:
Mr Anderson - he seems to be turning heel anyway.
Matt Morgan - it doesn't make sense when you think about how Morgan turned face, but I don't know why someone would not want to join Immortal. They are in full control and any opportunist would jump on the bandwagon.
The Pope - again, someone like the pope would jump on the bandwagon.
Brutus Magnus
Desmond Wolfe - if he ever returns.
Doug Williams

· GIANTS
8,520 Posts
They'll probably make Anderson the new top heel of Immortal, honestly Flair doesn't fit in the group I'd like to see him on his own or back with Fortune. Flair with an nWo-esque group just doesn't feel right imo, he still is one of the best heels in the company.

RVD needs a character change as well, but throwing him into Immortal makes no sense whatsoever and would be completely idiotic, so I guess it will happen this Thursday on Impact!

· Registered
9,932 Posts
Pope makes no sense, since he accused Bischoff of racism, but hey that's never stopped a TNA storyline before. I'm not sure if there's an ideal Immortal. Giant stables are hard to do these days, for whatever reason. Maybe the curse of the nWo.

· Celestial Messiah
39,109 Posts
Giant stables in general are a dumb idea. Four or three are the golden numbers. The Four Horsemen. Evolution. Fabulous Freebirds. Von Erichs. Original nWo.

Keep them small, and fill them only with the best. The key aspect of The Four Horsemen is that each individual looked like a million bucks and was super over, but together, they were damn near superhuman. The key is the balance. They need to stand out enough as individuals but also work and stand as a unit. They need to have common interests, look dominant, and stay together through thick and thin.

In TNA they just randomly group together a bunch of talentless pieces of shit, call them a faction, that way Vince fucking Russo doesnt need to try and come up with a fucking storyline or personality for each member, instead they're just a giant blob of mass. Its his way of making storylines but making sure nobody gets fucking over.

14,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Giant stables in general are a dumb idea. Four or three are the golden numbers. The Four Horsemen. Evolution. Fabulous Freebirds. Von Erichs. Original nWo.

Keep them small, and fill them only with the best. The key aspect of The Four Horsemen is that each individual looked like a million bucks and was super over, but together, they were damn near superhuman. The key is the balance. They need to stand out enough as individuals but also work and stand as a unit. They need to have common interests, look dominant, and stay together through thick and thin.

In TNA they just randomly group together a bunch of talentless pieces of shit, call them a faction, that way Vince fucking Russo doesnt need to try and come up with a fucking storyline or personality for each member, instead they're just a giant blob of mass. Its his way of making storylines but making sure nobody gets fucking over.
To be fair, Fortune are a great stable. Immortal, yeah I can't defend it. But TNA should at least try and make Immortal look good. Right now it's just a band of jobbers.

Pope makes no sense, since he accused Bischoff of racism, but hey that's never stopped a TNA storyline before. I'm not sure if there's an ideal Immortal. Giant stables are hard to do these days, for whatever reason. Maybe the curse of the nWo.
He's heel now so that storyline shouldn't really matter. And yeah, that has never stopped TNA before ;P

· Registered
7,601 Posts
I would give absolutely anything for a revamped Immortal because whether we like it or not Eric Bischoff and Vince Russo love a stable and they are not going anywhere anytime soon by the looks of things so my Immortal would be as followed,

Ken Anderson as the in ring leader and top heel in TNA
Matt Morgan because he so much better as a monster heel
Jeff Jarrett in a smaller role so he is relevant but not as much as he is now
Gunner and Murphy as they are the only heel tag team and get a rub from being in there
Abyss since he was an original and is a good monster heel
Ric Flair as a mentor/manager
Hulk Hogan as he is the "owner of TNA"
Eric Bischoff as he is wherever Hulk Hogan is

I wouldn't like to see anymore than the six in ring characters, one mentor/manager and the two people running the company and those aforementioned names is about right in balance against Fortune, Sting and Kurt Angle. Yes i have also noticed that i have not mentioned either Jeff Hardy or Matt Hardy in the lists of both groups and that is because i don't want to see Jeff Hardy return until he is 100% clean and ready to pay his dues all over again and with Matt Hardy as good as his match with AJ Styles was at Victory Road i don't want to see him involved with the top feud in TNA.

· Registered
1,931 Posts
I would give absolutely anything for a revamped Immortal because whether we like it or not Eric Bischoff and Vince Russo love a stable and they are not going anywhere anytime soon by the looks of things so my Immortal would be as followed,

Ken Anderson as the in ring leader and top heel in TNA
Matt Morgan because he so much better as a monster heel
Jeff Jarrett in a smaller role so he is relevant but not as much as he is now
Gunner and Murphy as they are the only heel tag team and get a rub from being in there
Abyss since he was an original and is a good monster heel
Ric Flair as a mentor/manager
Hulk Hogan as he is the "owner of TNA"
Eric Bischoff as he is wherever Hulk Hogan is

I wouldn't like to see anymore than the six in ring characters, one mentor/manager and the two people running the company and those aforementioned names is about right in balance against Fortune, Sting and Kurt Angle. Yes i have also noticed that i have not mentioned either Jeff Hardy or Matt Hardy in the lists of both groups and that is because i don't want to see Jeff Hardy return until he is 100% clean and ready to pay his dues all over again and with Matt Hardy as good as his match with AJ Styles was at Victory Road i don't want to see him involved with the top feud in TNA.
I like this. Immortal fell by the wayside real fast. I mean, the first incarnation was Hogan, Bischoff, Hardy, Abyss, and Jarrett, before they felt the need to merge it with Fortune.

Hardy is a mess, I'm not really of a fan of Matt Hardy there, Rob Terry is useless, and Gunner and Murphy are way too at the top of the group to make it credible. They need to be "security" and nothing more.

I also agree with someone else that the idea of Flair in Immortal doesn't sit right with me. He's usually part of classier stables, like FH, Evolution, and Fortune. To see him on the same team as Abyss doesn't work whether he's heel or not. But turning Morgan back into a heel needs to be done. I say it looks like this:

Mr. Anderson (LEADER and top heel)
Matt Morgan (Monster heel and enforcer)
Gunner and Murphy (Security/Tag Team)
Abyss (one of the originals)
Jeff Jarrett (ditto)
Hulk Hogan (Mentor)
Eric Biscoff (the money)

· Registered
1,419 Posts
good lineup. ya i'd definitely say if they went morgan anderson wolfe hardys that they would have a pretty solid faction going there. they could always drop terry and then the british invasion comes back as well. the current lineup they have going is pretty blah i kind of expect them to revamp it too after the next ppv. i'd say it's swerve time :D

· Registered
51 Posts
i dont like Abyss in a stable when he gets back i want him to go on a wild destruction spree alone no taking sides just be crazy

Morgan needs to be heel again i agree

Anderson should join immortal

RVD needs something new no idea what :D

the last ppv had the worst xdivison setup ever, get the xdivision back ! jay lethal, mcmg in some singles action also,

they should get homicide back now that they run the whole lax thing would also help the xdivision a bit

flair & pope together also sound great

· Premium Member
6,460 Posts
I’d add Mr. Anderson, just to turn him and give the group a new ‘chosen one’. He’s unsuccessful against Sting.

I have Dixie plead with Flair. She turns and gives him what remaining power she has. He uses this in his personal plan to usurp Immortal.

Flair assists Robert Roode in defeating Sting for the WHC. Flair then builds around Roode. ‘…Of the Apocalypse’ is born with Ric Flair (mentor), Robert Roode (the leader), Matt Morgan (the muscle), and MCMG (the cavalry). Immortal breaks down. Hogan and Bischoff take a walk. Anderson and Jarrett remain relevant heels. Hardy, Bully Ray, Terry, Gunner and Murphy job. Abyss looks for a job.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.