Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Well constantly getting owned by Cena and team WWE takes its toll. I like where this is currently going though. If they introduce better wrestlers into the Straight Edge Nexus and make it so that Nexus never really broke up but just did it to take over Smackdown aswell, it will be even better imo. The beatdowns got old pretty quick, they needed to evolve

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
Well when you get rid of Barrett, Gabriel, Slater, Tarver and Skip then things are gonna go down pretty quickly. I like Punk don't get me wrong but this group will always be remembered as Barrett's group.

·
Fighting the feeling...
Behind!
2,549 Posts
I also thought the storyline was dead on its ass after TLC but I now get the impression they are evolving it. Like it's already been mentioned on here a few times, I can really see them going the nWo route with this starting at Wrestlemania or possibly as early as Elimination Chamber.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
I remember thinking "this is gonna be awesome. This is exactly what Raw needs" and then WWE dropped to the ball the next week cause that's when things just started to not make sense at all.

But for this one day (or technically one week), Nexus was awesome.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
I remember thinking "this is gonna be awesome. This is exactly what Raw needs" and then WWE dropped to the ball the next week cause that's when things just started to not make sense at all.

But for this one day (or technically one week), Nexus was awesome.
What do you mean they dropped the ball the next week and it didn't make anysense?:confused:

·
Banned
4,682 Posts
Basically none of the original Nexus members are still in the group. It's like a whole new group, and Barrett's new group is basically Barrett and some of the shittier original members.

Tarver, Sheffield, Bryan, and Barrett were the 4 I liked, originally, and then obviously Bryan was out quickly.

The whole thing really unravelled pretty quickly, though the injuries were some bad luck.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Yea the original Nexus invasion was epic. I still remember watching it thinking, "wow WWE, maybe the creative team has some creactivity after all."

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Obviously, the injuries played havoc with the plans, and Daniel and Young being booted early didn't help.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Someone posted here the other day that they thought it was all one big swerve. Yea tarver and skip got injured but when they are fit they will return, None of the others were ever truely kicked out and barrett had to lose to go to SD to start a takeover there with the undertaker being out and it was the only way to start an offence on two fronts (why else has he left raw with a wimper?) DB will return to the nexus at mania and Cena will turn heel helping Barrett beat Takers streak (about the onlything I will accept if the streak is to be broken. No one man can do it and if this turns true it will have enough cred to make me believe it could happen) and thus reveal the bigger picture. Everything involving Nexus has been a ploy all along.
sadly it seems too extravagent and well thought out to be true and I dont think they could plan something like that so far ahead with current WWE writers. Good idea though whoever it was.

·
Registered
147 Posts
The fact that Nexus now exists in two forms on two shows that doesn't involve Hennig Jr. In a leading role is enough to make me happy.

·
Only here 4 The BO$$
3,717 Posts
Yea. I absolutely loved Nexus when they first started but I can barely watch them with CM Punk as the new leader. I was happy to see Slater and JG on SD with Wade though. I just wish Skip and Tarver was back to join them. :(

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I miss the original Nexus Eight, it was awesome moment and everyone just looked badass in the invasion, especially Bryan, that kick on Cena's head looked sick.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I never bought into the whole Nexus angle, it's completely bullshit that an entire roster of pros stood around and did nothing while this all happened. Then the guys help the crews take apart the ring, how nice.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts