Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I figured we could take an indepth look at the viability of having the 6 additional members to Cena's cause at summerslam of erradicating the Nexus.

1. Edge: Billed as a major conspirator and manipulator, could have easily been the leader of nexus. However beaten earlier in the night, has some beef with the nexus and this is a suitable storyline to be tied up in that isnt the world title. Suitable member.

2: Chris Jericho: Also teased as the conspirator for the leader of the Nexus, and claimed to be the driving force around their creation as he was Wade Barrett's Pro on NXT Season 1. Teased to a perfect length, but after the beat down, suitable storyline to help get the rookies further over, especially on his way out of the wwe (possibility).

3: R-Truth: Not too sure about this as he has been beaten by Miz, then cost him cashing in earlier? Not really on the end of a Nexus beating so not too sure about this one? shouldn't he be tied up with the miz keeping him busy during his cooling off before cashing in mitb contract? Questioning his invovlement.

4: John Morrison: similar boat as RTruth, as he is already tied up in a feud with dibiase. Will be a busy chap, however what does this leave for dibiase? Slightly more suitable than rtruth as his feud isnt as further developed, and has been on the end of several backstage attacks.

5: Khali: WTF are they thinking? shouldn't evan bourne be in this spot? who wouldn't want to see Evan bourne hit the shooting star on gabriel or gabriel to his the 450 on bourne!!! ORRRRR simultaneous shooting star and 450 splashes to opposition memebers in the ring!! SICKNESS! Anyway back to khali, too slow, too inadequate and in all honesty what involvement has he had in this story line so far? Seriously not in the right place, however when ever is khali?

6: Bret Hart: Certainly the surprise individual to be recruited. From a storyline point of view an automatic pick to gain some retribution. Been attacked multiple times which results in his firing (Kayfabe) But from a logistics point of view not a great choice...Possibly slower in the ring than khali and probably more useless (in his current health state) However, will be interesting to see his involvement.

So Cena has certianly built up an interesting niche of superstars to contest nexus. What are your thoughts on the individuals in hiw army...his own mini CENAtion (I think i just vomitted a little typing that)

·
Banned
4,201 Posts
Why the hell Truth and Khali have to be in it is beyond me, I cant stand either of them.

Even though Bret cant wrestle anymore Id still rather have him in than Truth or Khali.

God dammit I dislike R Truth.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
9,500 Posts
In a choice between the Great Khali and Evan Bourne I know who I'd rather take into a fight. Plus they can't just take all the good wrestlers and put them into one 7 on 7 match, they need to leave some for other matches, for example they may go with the Miz vs Evan Bourne for the US title or something along those lines.

Nexus beating a team with a giant and a hall of famer > beating a team with Evan Bourne.

·
Registered
120 Posts
who else thought, when they started teasing for the last entrant it would be danielson instead of bret..
i was so disappointed

·
Premium Member
10,169 Posts
I would think that Bourne will be facing Miz for the US title at SummerSlam. But what Ted will be doing is anyone's guess.

·
Premium Member
4,216 Posts
The only logical reason for Khali being in cenas team and not bourne is that bournes going to take the u.s belt of The Miz at summerslam.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
9,500 Posts
Hart was a nice surprise but makes no sense considering he's old and can't move for shit, how is he going to contribute to this team? :rolleyes:
He's not going to, he's only there for 'star power'. Bret will do not a lot in the match, but Nexus will look better if they win seeing as they'll have beaten a Hall of Famer.

It's 7 vs 7, the most time anyone would get in the ring is probably about 3 minutes at best, so it won't be a problem.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Barrett did call Otunga as slow as Khali or something, but i doubt this is the reason, i really hoped for somebody like The Big Show.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I think Khali is in there to get Indians to order Summerslam and in the storyline to indimidate the Nexus. However, we could see him get a beat down and see Evan Bourne take his spot. I'd like that. He's far too dominating, he'd just kill the whole Nexus on his own.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Yeah, it is a very odd team. Edge and Jericho were obvious additions, they were attacked earlier in the night and they've got no real top faces to face now and even though Bret can't do much, it makes sense that he'd want revenge but I don't know why Morrison, Truth and Khali are there. The first two have ready made feuds with DiBiase and The Miz and Henry would be a better token big man than Khali.

I've got a feeling the team will change though. They also need to do something to make the match look a bit more even though considering they're facing a bunch of rookies.

·
Registered
7,593 Posts
My feeling is Bret is there to hype up the match for true hart fans. On top of that, I think something will happen to cause Bret to step out of the match and take a manager role of some sorts, for the raw team.

I believe Truth and Morrison are there becasue they are obviously trying to push these 2.

As far as the great khali, it is probably because he is such a star in India....buy ratings purhaps.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
As much as i hate to say it, Khali is a former WORLD champion, and he's a f***ing GIANT, he's a very logical choice imo. C'mon man did you see Heath Slater's facial expression when Khali came out? That says it all really. As for the other members i don't really mind, but Evan Bourne should be there instead of R-Truth because i thought Miz was gonna prolong his feud with R-Truth after tonight's RAW.

1 - 20 of 137 Posts