Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Christian is the Jenearty of E&C. I am ready to call the time-of-death of his career because it is practically over and he is no further up the card then when he debuted, in fact I'd say he fell from glory. /flamebait

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
What's a Jenearty?

Kidding.

Yeah, I sort of agree. However, Christian hasn't had substance problems and has held a world title albeit in another company. His TNA success is a matter of how highly you regard TNA, tbh.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
I don't think it's a fair comparison. Marty fell off the face of the earth. Christian hasn't won 9 (undeserved) world titles like Edge, but he's hardly been a failure. He's had a very good career, and was more than over enough in 2005 to get a main event push.

Is he the lesser half? Accomplishment-wise, yes. Is he a Jannetty? Hell no.

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts
^ Its just a reoccurring motif in pro wrestling. If you are not Shawn Michaels, you're Jannetty.

·
Legend
1,715 Posts
Christian is the Jenearty of E&C. I am ready to call the time-of-death of his career because it is practically over and he is no further up the card then when he debuted, in fact I'd say he fell from glory. /flamebait
Let me get this straight, you troll perro because you think he can't spell and you want to make fun of him for it, but you can't even spell Jannetty?

Ok then.......

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
you're probably one of the last people here to call time of death on the career. most of us already have.

but the whole Jannetty thing is just unfair, really. i get that its just an expression, but they should make a better expression. Jannetty literally just disappeared, and everyone stopped caring. Christian has always had a solid fanbase, been generally over, and he's been very successful in the company. Christian has about as much prestige as someone could have without winning the World Title. he deserves more than being called the "Jannetty" of the team.

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
Ridiculous.

Christian is at least on the level of legends who should have won a world title, such as Piper, Perfect, Owen, King and Bulldog. To say he's like Marty just because Edge has won world titles is an absolute insult to everyone else who never won that championship.

IDC what anyone else thinks about Christian's WWE Title-less career (especially Pyro who thinks Christian's career is a failure without the WWE title, if I recall); it's an absolute honor to be amongst a list like that.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Ridiculous.

Christian is at least on the level of legends who should have won a world title, such as Piper, Perfect, Owen, King and Bulldog. To say he's like Marty just because Edge has won world titles is an absolute insult to everyone else who never won that championship.

IDC what anyone else thinks about Christian's WWE Title-less career (especially Pyro who thinks Christian's career is a failure without the WWE title, if I recall); it's an absolute honor to be amongst a list like that.
You're damn right I do, it's the truth. It's not an honor to be on that list at all. That's ridiculous logic that's just trying to spin a negative into a positive when there's nothing positive to get out of it. I'm sure Vince really feels like he's "honoring" Christian by taking a piss on his career and leaving him in constant midcard hell with nothing relevant to do. :rolleyes:

Really, though, what's the point of this thread? We figured this out already. We figured it out a LONG time ago.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I think the whole "He's the Janetty" thing needs to be put to bed. That comparison serves no purpose.. when they split a tag team obviously one of the people will invariably end up more successful than the other, but that's not the fault of the other, because it's a scripted show. Whoever they book stronger will go further, regardless of their talent or ability to get over with the fans.. if WWE gets behind someone they'll shove them down our throats until we accept them.

Christian just hasn't been given a chance to main event, ever, in his WWE career.. where as Edge is still main eventing even though he's past his prime and nearly crippled. Bottom line is.. Christian's stint in TNA probably killed any chance he had at winning the WWE title. So yeah, if main eventing in WWE is a career goal of his, you could consider his career dead.

·
Registered
6,053 Posts
I think everybody here knows that career achievements is no measure of talent. Example: John Cena is a 9-time world champion. This alone goes to show how little in-ring talent you can have and still be forced down the throats of the fans.

Edge has won more titles, yes. But he is by no means more talented than Christian.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Obviously Christian isn't the Janetty, ridiculous idea, but yes, Edge *is* more talented than Christian as a singles wrestler.

I think this is somewhat interesting in that Christian was the stronger of the two when they tagged - both on the mic and in the ring, but after the break up Edge steadily improved throughout his career to become an incredible solo superstar, while Christian never made that leap.

Sure his size has been held against him, but that never stopped Jericho...

It's kind of fruitless to compare them right now as obviously Edge is main-event until he retires, even if his powers are waining, and it'll be hard for Christian to take the step up now.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Let's face it - Edge is on the verge of winning his 10th title while Christian has remained a notable but insignificant figure. (oxymoronic isn't it?)

I like Christian more than Edge (in fact I dislike Edge) but no matter how much you say titles don't matter, when the next generation of fans take a look back at this era, they'll remember Edge as a mutli-time singles champion while they'll remember Christian as the forgotten side-kick of E & C.

Edge = Batman
Christian = Robin

Sad but true.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts