Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Even though Styles is light years better than Jinder as a performer, I think Jinder plays his heel persona much better than him. And this comes down to an issue that's rampant with many of this generation's wrestlers. The issue is Styles had no interest in getting booed and generating real heat. In many interviews he also said that the cheers were flattering and he just goes with the flow many times.

Kevin Owens is much better in this department. He does get some cheers but he actively seeks heat. Remember when Jericho was in Canada getting cheered and he said he was ashamed to be a Canadian and was instantly showered with boos? CM Punk realized this aspect of the business very well too. If you can't be the no.1 babyface, u should aspire to be the no.1 heel.

So in end lack of true heat ended up hurting Styles. Due the amount of cheers he was getting, they turned him face and now he is losing to other heels like Jinder or Ziggler. Instead if Styles had actively worked to get heat, he would have been no.1 heel and probably champion still.

·
Banned
2,286 Posts
Styles booking is weird. He's supposed to be a face but still acts like a jerk towards Nakamura for no reason.

Jinder is a good heel because he is booked like an old school heel, acts like one and gets a lot of heat since he's viewed as undeserving.

Reactions: Ace

·
Baby Yoda
30,146 Posts
Styles booking is weird. He's supposed to be a face but still acts like a jerk towards Nakamura for no reason.

Jinder is a good heel because he is booked like an old school heel, acts like one and gets a lot of heat since he's viewed as undeserving.
AJ's character is all over the place, I don't think Vince knows what he wants AJ to be.

He would have been better off being a cocky tweener.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
Any random guy off the street is better than AJ Styles as a heel then. Just take any scrub and push them to the moon and have them beat Sami Zayn, AJ Styles, Randy Orton, etc, give them the title, push them to the top of the card, and they will get lots of heat too.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
A naked fat guy farting on the mic in the ring would be a better heel than AJ Styles. What's your point?

·
Registered
12,218 Posts
Not sure why modern fans think if you get cheered you are a bad heel. Using that logic rock, Austin, nwo, lesnar are/were terrible heels.

The suggestion that styles didn't actively seek boos is weird considering he put the bosses sons head through a car window..clearly something an heroic face would do and constantly burying the face guys like cena and ambrose in promos

Heel styles felt a far bigger star than heel mahal does. Then again heel styles feels a much bigger star than face styles as well

·
Banned
6,218 Posts
These threads are out of control

Reactions: Mugging of Cena

·
Baby Yoda
30,146 Posts
Not sure why modern fans think if you get cheered you are a bad heel. Using that logic rock, Austin, nwo, lesnar are/were terrible heels.

The suggestion that styles didn't actively seek boos is weird considering he put the bosses sons head through a car window..clearly something an heroic face would do and constantly burying the face guys like cena and ambrose in promos

Heel styles felt a far bigger star than heel mahal does. Then again heel styles feels a much bigger star than face styles as well
The WWE can't book faces.

Babyface AJ is losing singles matches to Dolph fucking Ziggler clean in 2017 :lmao

·
Banned
724 Posts
OP is correct. A.J. Styles with his indy cred and high flying / exciting moveset is always going to be cheered by the remaining primarily smark audience. Whereas Jinder is getting a ton of heat for a lot of different reasons we've already gone over.

Therefore the best way to book things is for A.J. to win the MITB briefcase while Jinder holds the title for awhile. The fans will be going crazy waiting for A.J. to cash in on Jinder. Keep the damn briefcase on A.J. throughout the year and really build it up.

·
Registered
531 Posts
In the age of smarks styles is always going to be cheered no matter what his booking or character is like.
Regarding as a heel in general look at his stint in njpw where he was bullet club leader. He did a pretty good job there working as a heel because njpw knew what to do with him.

·
Registered
13,148 Posts
AJ's character is all over the place, I don't think Vince knows what he wants AJ to be.

He would have been better off being a cocky tweener.
Haven't watched Smackdown in a while so I can't realy say, but are you sure that's not what what they're doing? He was the babyface against Owens, obviously, but if he's a tweener doesn't it make sense for him to be a dick to Nakamura since he would be the heel in that matchup?

·
Baby Yoda
30,146 Posts
Haven't watched Smackdown in a while so I can't realy say, but are you sure that's not what what they're doing? He was the babyface against Owens, obviously, but if he's a tweener doesn't it make sense for him to be a dick to Nakamura since he would be the heel in that matchup?
It's hard to get a gauge but he did pander to the crowd by saying he'd bring the US title back to the USA.

·
Premium Member
12,134 Posts
Has AJ even turned face yet? He's mostly there, but he hasn't had 'the moment' yet that sees him become a fully-fledged fan favourite.

·
10,922 Posts
The WWE can't book faces.

Babyface AJ is losing singles matches to Dolph fucking Ziggler clean in 2017 :lmao
And no one will remember it. And AJ styles has never been shy about putting people over. Styles is the most credible guy in that match too.

It actually makes sense to make ziggler look like a threat and piss off AJs home town fans.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Jinder is a career jobber who all of the sudden WWE with minimal build decided to push the Canadian Mahal in a effort to cater to the Indian market.

Jinder is OK. He is not a legit main event talent. I am giving him a chance. He is a 80's Foreign Heel only India is not an adversary to America.

He isn't the worst thing they ever pushed. Frankly he does little for me.

AJ is a great wrestler. I would like to see more character from him. I mean in that Talking Smack his comments about "Smackdown makes'em and Raw takes'em" was great not because it was so accurate (it is) but he had real passion behind his words or he is a great actor. Want to see more of that whether face or heel.

·
Registered
8,609 Posts
Sure, if we go by the definition of a heel then he is but he is the same old anti-american boring heel that most of the people here will be shitting on if he doesnt lose the title in 2 months.

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
AJ's never really been a good heel to be honest.

His work as the nature boy 2.0 sucked balls, his lone wolf gimmick sucked balls.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts