Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I think it's time to set the record straight, and seeing as how this is feedback on your site, I think this is the right spot.

My arrival here has been a less than welcome one, and although I take SOME responsibility for that due to comments I made about the site, I do not feel that I am entirely to blame as far as what happened. I arrived here and posted away, only to have my topics be totally shot to hell by a few flamers and stupid remarks. So, I fired back. Perhaps I fired back too much, and I am sorry to any mod or anyone that was offended by my comments about the moderators. A little background might explain the situation.

I am used to posting on WZforums, a forum that has moderators that look into posts all the time and delete topics and useless threads and flames before they escalate to the extent that some of them have here. WZforums is probably the biggest forum on the net, so deleting redundant topics and whatever else saves them space which could be a reason for deleting TOPICS. However, a general rule at all the sites I have been at is that flaming isn't allowed. A few jabs here and there are fine, and that's not what I'm talking about. In fact, let me give you a list of things that most of you people seem to think I mean when I have said what I said. Here's what I HAVE NOT MEANT:

1. Delete and ban everyone who flames
2. Delete and warn anyone who posts off topic
3. Start banning people like a nazi regime
4. The more rules, the better, I love it strict

Fact is, I guess I was asking for some balance to it. I saw several topics that got out of hand and way the hell off topic to the point where people were asking me if that was me in a picture. Sorry, but I guess I'm just not used to that. I didn't mean to insult anyone's intelligence either, but I guess over at WZforums I'm used to dealing with people REALLY REALLY into their wrestling, and I haven't run into people like that. You look over there and they're posting damn essays about wrestling. You come here and most of the posts are one sentence or a phrase. Again, not a bad or good thing, just not something I am used to. So that would be where my comments on the intelligence of the posters came in, and for that, I apologize, but I reiterate that it's not what I'm used to. I have gotten lots of flack for the way I post as well, the words I use, the way I may seen condescending to some. The way I post that apparently makes me seem like I'm better than everyone else. Well, it's the way I write. I am an intelligent person, and I'm not going to pretend not to be. I have a lot of opinions, have watched a lot of wrestling and know about the business. I also have lots of opinions on other topics as well. I like sharing my opinions, and I like debating my opinions. I guess I, so far, have found little debate on this site. It seems to me so far that people are afraid of a healthy debate and quickly take the road to flame the poster rather than discuss the points in a mature way. I'm not sure if I have to adapt my posting style for that, or whatever, but I for one would rather debate things on this site without them going personal, and not have people shy away from that because "hey, everyone has opinions". I can't count the number of times I've come across that one. I'm used to opinions, I respect ALL opinions, but I can also, like I told Hollywood, have the ability to pick an opinion apart. I challenge you, and welcome it, to do the same to my opinion, my background on topics. Do it. I encourage it. I welcome that sort of thing, because again, it's what I'm used to. People post on topics here and everyone is just so damn nice, it's like the Get-A-Long gang, or else it's a ridiculous flame war. Two extremes. Let's have some contraversy, let's have some debates, let's have some fun. Leave the child's play for the playground, though. That's all I have been trying to say. And I'm sure, again, that the mods do a good job, but from what I have seen so far, I haven't been witness to much mod activity. Again, on WZforums and other places I've posted at, I'm used to seeing and hearing from mods like every hour. I realize you have lives, so do I, so do the other mods on the other sites. But for whatever reason, they can still manage to do the job and not much slips by. I guess from what I have seen so far, mods have actually posted on topics where flatout flaming has happened, and have responded to flaming, but haven't taken any action. So I don't really buy that the mods don't see it, either. I'm not asking for a damn Nazi regime, again, I'm asking for some mutual respect on the site. Show me some, I will show you some. It's a two way street. Piss on me, I'm gonna piss back. I already did. I don't think it's too much to ask, if it is, let me know. Posters like SteelJack and Hankey (who sent me a PM asking me to cyber, btw) kinda get out of hand with the insults and bullshit. I guess I'm guilty of shooting back, but it's about what I said before, piss on me, I piss back. Again, maybe it's the minority and a small snapshot of what I've seen, and if it is, I apologize for ever doubting anyone here. But...I've been on this site before....and the same shit happened. So I don't know what to tell ya, I joined because there are some great posters here and it can be lots of fun. I just want some mutual respect between posters, and I'm not just speaking for myself, either. I'm sure lots of people might agree with this little rant.

Thanks for reading, and Happy Holidays.

AoA

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
I really cant be bothered to post a 10,000 word reply, So i'll keep it short.

Yesterday was my first day back, So i havent really seen much since. However, I have to to agree fully with the R-V-D thread. I'm sure the mods had a good reason for leaving it, What it is i dont know. They are good enough mod's, But everyone makes mistakes. I tried to send it back on topic with a warning, But alot of people just continued, Including you.

As for the debates, You have never met Angel have you?

And, Jake is a bit lame, So i'm not suprised about the PM. You'll get used to it.

Anyway, Just stay and post. I like to read your posts, as you seem highly intelligent.

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
You have to understand that posts don't always have to be on topic. When somebody gets in a fight or something, they should be allowed to post thier opinion. I personally don't care if they do it in that thread, or in a new thread. It isn't that big of a deal if they go a little off topic. Most of the larger posts have gone off topic. I remeber the Newbie thread turned into a U.S. vs. Canada war. I just don't see it as that big of a deal. Things are a little bit more laid back here I guess. It is by all means OK to ask them to get back on topic, but I don't think that it is usually necessary to lock the topic.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Its a internet forum..aint like or death..just post and go on.

·
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Thro
9,313 Posts
In my opinion Mods just don't want to babysit, and look at every single topic. If you can't take a flame , maybe this site ain't for you. Maybe also it's got to do with your username, " Afraid of Americans", people can find that offending, It's like me saying, "Afraid of Ahfgani People". Don't take this the wrong way, it's just what I think.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did anyone read my post at all? I can take a flame, I can handle a flame. All I basically said was that I wanted everyone to show some respect to each other, it's kinda simple. I could care less about who wants to flame who, except for when it gets stupid and out of hand. I think that's when a mod should step in, and it has gotten out of hand several times since I have been here. For those of you who said I "can't take a flame"....it's the damn internet, my feelings being hurt aren't really the issue, so grow up. The point is that it's fucking annoying, that's all. And for The Mean, posting on forums like this one is something I enjoy, it's a hobby, no, it's not life or death, but shouldn't I be able to enjoy myself as well as the next person?? I don't think that's too much to ask. I'm not asking anyone to change the site or start banning everyone who flames, or anything like that. Maybe it would help if you read my post properly, I realize it was long, but it's also not that complex. Guitarplayer, I never once said I was that bothered by shit being off topic, either. I thought I was fairly straightforward with it, maybe I wasn't.

Oh, and Stinger, I have met Angel, and she left. She's no debate queen, trust me, she's a joke.

And street_fighter, my dad's brother's best friend was killed in a street fight, so that offends me. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
I didnt read it..I just assumed what it was about cause Hankey told me about you.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didnt read it..I just assumed what it was about cause Hankey told me about you.
And Hankey knows me, right?? Good God people. Don't comment on something you haven't even bothered to read, dude. :rolleyes:

·
www.atreyurock.com
5,514 Posts
The Mean said:
The hell are you talking about? I never said anything to you about him. Stop lying you little craphead.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Maybe it was someone else?I know someone told me about AOA.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's really simple, all I'm looking for is for people to respect each other and to be a little bit mature about topics, that's all. I haven't been a shining star of that, but that's because I haven't been shown that. Also, if you want someone to tell you what AoA is talking about, The Mean, maybe you should read AoA's posts. The reason it's dragging on is that people don't realize simple concepts. That's fine. I'll just post like I would normally post, and if you don't like it, flame away, because we all know that intelligence doesn't always run in the family here at WEforums, and if it does.....SHOW ME.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!11 :D

You know what's really funny?? SteelJack joined WZforums and is kinda trolling me, except.....I'm banned from posting there....lol. Nice work, as always, Jack!!! :agree:

·
Registered
408 Posts
Some people are just immature get over it. There are some people I don't like either but you deal with them

1 - 20 of 28 Posts