Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Credit where credit is due. The best thing the WWE has produced in at least 5 years. Lesner is bringing back something 'real' to the WWE it seems. And Cena went along with it incredibly well.

That sense of potential realism, but still with strong stories/characters backing it up, is something which needs to filter throughout the entire roster. Kids will still love it (you can keep your 'hero' characters around as we saw tonight), but finally more teenagers & adults can jump on board too. They continue on this path and they'll win a lot of current and potential fans. They screw it up....well....trouble. Balls in your court WWE.

They've finally got a big name to help, as Lensner himself said, 'legitimize' WWE again. Run with it!

P.S.

A lot of pure 'wrestling' fans here. However, unfortunately for you guys, the public in general don't necessarily care as much about the wrestling itself. They want interesting story lines with strong emotion and realism. The technical side of the matches is all well and good, but this is sports ENTERTAINMENT (something the WWE have seemingly forgotten about for a decade). People want characters and stories they can believe in and become immersed in. I personally think Cena Vs Lesner (the build up included) struck a great balance between both sports and entertainment.

Mick Foley was never the best 'technical' wrestler, but why people love him so much is because he brought that 'realism', emotion and character to all his matches.

·
Best in the World
2,522 Posts
I would have agreed with you, if only Cena did not win.

99% of the match, Lesnar dominates, destroys Cena, never seen such a brutal match in my entire WWE watching history. Then for Cena to pull off one AA and win?

Why on earth would Lesnar have agreed to have done that?

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
I would have agreed with you, if only Cena did not win.

99% of the match, Lesnar dominates, destroys Cena, never seen such a brutal match in my entire WWE watching history. Then for Cena to pull off one AA and win?

Why on earth would Lesnar have agreed to have done that?
$5 million, thats why.

As for the match agreed 100% with the OP that it brought a feeling of "real" and is the most into a match i've seen the group of people i watch PPVs with into a match in long time. I am not saying it was MOTY or anything in quality but as far as getting people drawn in A+, actually most of the PPV was great at this excellent PPV all around IMO.

·
Banned
92 Posts
So you saw some blood and you decided this is the best match in the last fucking years?
Punk/Jericho and D-Bry/Sheamus were a lot better..

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Cena winning killed it for me. Would not re-watch.

LOL it wasnt even MOTN!
This precisely. How anyone can think Sheamus vs Bryan and Punk vs Jericho were inferior to Cena vs Lesnar--especially after that finish is beyond me.

It was a near perfect main events PPV and then that happened.

Otherwise I thought it was exciting and fantastic, if just for the violent spectacle, but god what terrible booking.

·
The Sundance Kid
18,632 Posts
It wasn't better than either world title match tonight, sorry. The blood and brutality was awesome, but the match itself was not. It was the usual Cena beatdown 90% then Cena hulks up and wins out of nowhere crap we've been fed the last 6 years.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
It wasn't even match of the night :D

And Punk vs Cena I was better aswell
And then there also would be Rock vs Cena
And what about the HHH/HBK vs Undertaker matches?

lol fail thread.

·
Registered
132 Posts
It would have been, had Lesnar won. This was another "Cena overcoming the odds" PPV that we've all seen since 2006. It felt so fucking real and brutal, and then they give it that horseshit ending? Cena's entire offense consisted of a couple of punches and one FU.

·
Fairy Hunter
1,783 Posts
I loved the match until they pulled the typical illogical SuperCena bullshit at the end. Seriously, Lesnar takes Cena to Hell and back and thoroughly destroys him throughout the entire match, and at the end, Cena punches Lesnar in the face with a chain and gives him an AA on the steps for the victory?

I completely disagree. The ending to the match was a fucking disgrace and ruined the whole thing for me. At least Cena will be gone for a while.

·
PILLMAN 9mm
1,726 Posts
It was a great match no doubt. But the BryanXSheamus match was textbook pro wrestling at its best. LesnarXCena was more unique tho. You really can't go wrong either way. Great PPV.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.