Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
6,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, Roman Reigns won't defeat Brock Lesnar at Mania. The WWE has you all fooled big time, and Heyman won't be turning either. Lesnar will defeat Roman, but Reigns will go down with a fight like no one has seen before. Fans will respect this and will like the idea that Brock is retaining the WWE title. Seth Rollins will then cash in, either at Mania that night, or the following night on Raw. Either way Seth loses. Holy shit who is left?

Randy Fucking Orton

Look, nothing against Seth, or Reigns, but neither are on the level of Brock Lesnar. Orton most certainly is. Whether his booking has been shit for the last 8 years doesn't matter. A simple move with Randy striking from out of no where with The RKO and telling Lesnar that he hasn't faced the man that Randy Orton is today. Orton tells Lesnar he is going to own him in the ring and kick his ass to the curb and take his WWE title. Lesnar at this point will look unstoppable, but with Orton defeating him you have Randy right back at the top creatively and with the fans.

It's not like fans don't know who Randy Orton is and they know they haven't watched Orton vs Lesnar in a WWE ring for a WWE world title, or any title for that matter. These two have rarely crossed paths and I stress "rarely". Seriously, the WWE can't miss this boat. No one will see this coming and I think Randy Orton certainly deserves the spot over Brock Lesnar. So what if Rollins loses cash in, and Roman fails at Mania. Orton is a future WWE Hall of Fame honoree. Whether you like him, or not he is worthy of a main event PPV match vs Brock Lesnar.

·
Banned
6,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Replace Orton with the new IC champion Daniel Bryan and you have yourself a great story line buddy
I agree, but Bryan is over no matter what. Orton needs some help. I am a Daniel Bryan fan and I know that his popularity isn't going to die just because he got fucked out of a Royal Rumble victory and a chance at Mania. You can't hide the fact that Daniel Bryan is the most over man in the company. He doesn't even need this rub.

·
Banned
6,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Honestly, any possibility is a viable option at this point, up to and including anything you can imagine.
Think about it though. I don't think most are expecting Lesnar to walk out of Mania with the title. Whether it be Roman winning, or Seth cashing in. I think Lesnar walking out of Mania with the title regardless of who he faces makes the most sense, and will catch most fans by surprise. It literally brings up the question of "who is left?". One could enter Sheamus in here, or even Daniel Bryan. Randy Orton makes sense because there is a kayfabe history of them not really squaring off. They both came from OVW as well and this is one of those "One time Only" things that the WWE could pull off. We are talking a decade of missed history between these two men.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I am willing to go with any scenario that allows Bork to keep the title.

And yeah, i'd prefer Orton over Reigns/Rollins.

Reactions: LadPro

·
Registered
153 Posts
Think about it though. I don't think most are expecting Lesnar to walk out of Mania with the title. Whether it be Roman winning, or Seth cashing in. I think Lesnar walking out of Mania with the title regardless of who he faces makes the most sense, and will catch most fans by surprise. It literally brings up the question of "who is left?". One could enter Sheamus in here, or even Daniel Bryan. Randy Orton makes sense because there is a kayfabe history of them not really squaring off. They both came from OVW as well and this is one of those "One time Only" things that the WWE could pull off. We are talking a decade of missed history between these two men.
I'm not disputing your idea. I think it's plausible.

I remember when Y2J returned before the Rumble a few years ago and everyone was 100% certain that he would win it. And then Sheamus brogue kicked him out of the ring for the win. Since then I've learned nothing is out of the realm of possibility.

·
C Mac G
6,498 Posts
It's the same story with Orton, he gets hot, stays hot for like 4-6 months, and then fans get tired of him.

And Baby Face Rollins>Orton&Reigns. Orton is 35 anyway, he's not carrying the company in the long term future.

·
tombstone blues
14,292 Posts
It's the same story with Orton, he gets hot, stays hot for like 4-6 months, and then fans get tired of him.

And Baby Face Rollins>Orton&Reigns. Orton is 35 anyway, he's not carrying the company in the long term future.
4 or 5 months would be the perfect amount of time for orton to feud with lesnar for 2 ppvs (2 months) then feud with someone else over the summer (bryan, reigns, whoever) and drop the belt to them at summerslam.

if he can get hot and stay there for 4-6 months then do that with him and then move the belt to someone else. if only wwe were smart enough to actually have that kind of timing anymore...

·
C Mac G
6,498 Posts
4 or 5 months would be the perfect amount of time for orton to feud with lesnar for 2 ppvs (2 months) then feud with 1-2 more people for 2-3 months before dropping the belt at summerslam to bryan or reigns or whoever.

if he can get hot and stay there for 4-6 months then do that with him and then move the belt to someone else. if only wwe were smart enough to actually have that kind of timing anymore...
Nah, he's losing to Reigns at Mania, as he should. They've invested to much into him to backout now, if Reigns flops, whatever, you can go to Bryan or Cena. It's not like Reigns winning the belt is going to kill the company.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Brock retains the title till WM32.
Rock returns and wins RR2016
Rock vs Brock @ WM32 and @TheBOAT finally attains nirvana

·
Registered
8,720 Posts
It's the same story with Orton, he gets hot, stays hot for like 4-6 weeks, and then fans get tired of him.

Fixed.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
I don't care if the title is involved or not. I just want Brock vs Orton to happen, period. Literally the only reason I want Brock to stay so badly.

Also what's with this myth that Orton has problems as a babyface? It's one thing if you think he can't play it well (he can't be a goody two shoes but a sadistic lonewolf tweener like now is the perfect role for him) but to claim he can't stay over is a load of crap. Do we need to go back to 2012 again? He did NOTHING of note all year and he still got the biggest pops weekly (with only post-WM Bryan and face Punk coming close from full-timers)

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
orton is a product of good marketing, good looks and not being john cena and its never got him to the a+ player status hes been hypedmup to be

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
The Icon That Can Still Go
54,736 Posts
Stopped reading at "Roman Reigns will not beat Brock Lesnar."

Moving along..

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Yeah, I'd rather test the waters with Reigns as champion than enter any scenario that involves Orton/Cena walking around with that title AGAIN.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts