Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lesnar going into the match as WWE Champion against two babyface challengers Orton and McIntyre sounds like a good match for Wrestlemania.
If you take Velazquez out of the picture I think that Orton is the only guy that can draw against Lesnar on the Raw brand. Adding McIntyre though could make it a good triple threat match. I like this idea for now. What do you think?

·
IRAN #1
2,231 Posts
I don't want them wasting those 3 guys in a triple threat at WrestleMania.. Triple Threats at Mania are terrible unless it's for a mid-card title.. especially when Brock Lesnar is involved.

Brock Lesnar vs. Drew McIntyre sounds good to me, and they can do AJ and Orton again.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If they go with McIntyre, they will go the same route that they went with Reigns and Rollins. The"i have to bring the World title back to Raw so that its defended against Baron Corbin every month" route.

·
Scarring the Night Sky
5,316 Posts
Randy Orton is my favorite wrestler of all time and I'm a huge fan of Drew McIntyre as well. I would love to see either Brock Lesnar vs Randy Orton or Brock Lesnar vs Drew McIntyre but not a triple threat.

If they go with Drew McIntyre vs Brock Lesnar, which seems like the more likely route, I would like to see Randy Orton get a high-profile match too against either AJ Styles or John Cena.

·
Southern Pride
2,818 Posts
Here is the thing about Lesnar vs. McIntyre, I don't want to see McIntyre lose in another huge match any time soon. He has lost plenty of times already. Do we really think that he has any chance of beating Lesnar at Mania? Eh... Really, is anyone beating Lesnar after he lost at Mania and Summer Slam last year?

So thats why I can understand coming up with a Triple threat match for the WWE Championship. It may be a "cop-out" but this is McIntyres sort of "new chance" of doing something successful in the WWE and getting away of what he was doing before. Taking a loss from Lesnar, I don't want to see that even though the match itself would be good. Two hard hitters going at it.

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
If Mcintyre is going over then just do Mcintyre vs Lesnar. If not then I can understand why you would chuck Orton in there. Similar to last year with Rollins, they might want to drag out Mcintyre vs Lesnar all the way to Summerslam.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts