Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would still love to see this match. It would be an exciting, physical, competitive match i think. Owens is one of the few babyfaces that could believably hold his own against Lesnar.

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
Agreed. I think that match has to happen before Lesnar calls it a day. If it's a no holds barred match even better, that's the type of matches Owens thrives in.

·
The Babyface of WF
12,445 Posts
Right now isn't looking good for a guy losing to Garza on Raw when you want to pit him against Lesnar of all people, They will pretend the Finisher spam and partial squash match at Mania didn't happen.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Didn't that happen already or am I crazy?

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Kevin Owens character was ruined essentially after his second match on the main roster. He came onto Raw and beat John Cena clean and then power bombed Machine gun kelly off the stage. I was honestly not so hyped for a wrestler in over a decade.

..then they killed all that aura because Cena just had to get his win back ASAP with interest.

If we still had that Kevin Owens from when he first debuted I would be all for a K.O vs Lesnar match, unfortunately K.O. has been buried so badly he's barely above a jobber these days.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
I would not want Owens to be be that competitive against Lesnar. If the match happened, I'd just want Lesanr bulldozing over Owens in 3 minutes or less. He's not a believable opponent for Lesnar imo. Would much rather see Brock vs. Lashley, Riddle or Jinder over Owens. Even Cesaro if they actually tried pushing him.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,279 Posts
I like Kevin Owens but every time I think of the idea of him feuding with Lesnar I keep thinking of Lesnar's feud with Dean Ambrose. On paper it might be interesting, but there's a part of me that thinks Lesnar wouldn't be willing to work with Owens. It would just end in a squash match.

·
7,994 Posts
They'll probably do it eventually since he's one of the few guys that would be a fresh match up for Brock that wouldn't be a completely ridiculous matchup. They'd just spend like a month building him up prior to it and think that's fine anyway. It could be fun if they were both up to it but like said already I think I'd sooner see Lesnar and Lee.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
9,782 Posts
Brock Lesnar vs Keith Lee would be much better. KO is damaged.
Exactly. This is what I want to see. KO has been killed on the main roster. He gets over as a babyface, starts to get a push, beats Rollins at Mania, then goes on to lose clean to Garza 6 weeks later after his grand return, a guy who has been jobbing on RAW with Almas since he was called up. He was the top babyface on RAW before the Royal Rumble. That's the 3rd time they killed KO's momentum. They killed him with Cena. They killed him with Goldberg. Now once again, they are making him look weak. He's done. Not because he can't get over or be a star, but because WWE will continue to never go all the way with him. He's way too damaged at this point. KO is not believable against Lesnar in any way and I'm sure he wishes he didn't sign that 5-year deal.

He's better off doing what Balor did and going back down to NXT. A revived NXT Owens vs Gargano, Ciampa, Kross, and Kieth Lee is the best thing for him right now, because he's dead on RAW. He doesn't have any heels on RAW to feud with even if they wanted to build him back up. Who is there?

Supposedly they are about to call up a bunch of other talents other than Matt Riddle, so they probably need him to move back down anyway.

·
Registered
382 Posts
It depends, i like Kevin Owens but he needs to be doing diving tornado DDTs and apron somersault planchas to Lesnar, he can't handle himself in a fist fight with him, it's just not believable, he's a fat neckbeard in basketball shorts the end of the day, not Mark Hunt, it needs to be done right.

Inviato dal mio ASUS_X00PD utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
682 Posts
It's a bit of a stretch to see Owens as a legit threat to Lesnar.
Remember Owens got pretty much bullied and dominated non stop by Strowman a year or two back. The same Strowman that has pretty much been booked as Lesnar's bitch every time they've collided
Plus Owens has been someone that has been taken to the limit by Shane McMahon and pinned by Angel Garza.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Maybe they are still going in this direction.
Owens beat Rollins twice. Rollins beat Lesnar twice. Its an argument to sell this match as competitive. This sounds good for a second from top match.
I always wanted to see this match when Owens first debuted in WWE. To me it could have been similar to a Scott Steiner/Goldberg feud in that Steiner can match Goldbergs physicality.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts