Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Redesign. Rebuild. Reclaim.
1,254 Posts
I'm all for bringing legitimacy back to the mid-card titles, and as much as I like Lesnar, I don't know if I can handle the part-time champ any longer but I won't lose my shit if he retains.

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
I quite like Lesnar as champ but ideally i would like to see him more.

I also like HHH's idea of making the midcard belts more relevant but it shouldn't take a part time champion f*cking off with the main belt to achieve this.

IC/US title matches could easily main event a Raw if they really wanted that to be the case. They do call the shots after all.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Of course it is a good thing.Giving the title to Rollins/Reigns barely changes anything about their booking and doesn't give the title any more prestige, just because we will see it more.Better have an unbeatable champion that never shows up, than a cowardly champion that can't keep the title without an army holding his hand, or champion like Roman, who is an underdog superhero.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Lesnar is the best thing about WWE. If they start using him correctly and stop pretending he doesn't exist while he's away I'm all for it.

·
Registered
508 Posts
"It was noted that a lot can change between now and WrestleMania but this is just one of the many ideas that are being talked about."

How? How is it possible that less than two weeks from the biggest event of the year, still a lot can change. How is that even possible? I know WWE doesn't do long term booking anymore, but damn... What is wrong with this company?!
:eek:uttahere

·
CHAMPION
1,170 Posts
I like the idea a lot. I've never really had a problem with Lesnar only defending his title sporadically anyway though.
You can have the IC/US titles as the workhorse, fighting champions that headline the majority of PPVs and to build stars up to be worthy of fighting for the WWE WHC, and then take months and really build up a WWE WHC match and make certain PPVs feel bigger. Those title matches can kinda be like boxing where the hype goes on for months and by the time it rolls around, everyone is clamouring to see it!

·
Banned
1,652 Posts
I swear you guys could not survive during the late 80s/early 90s when Raw was a pre-taped "Rime Time Wrestling" studio show. The Champion, would defend at mania, Rumble, and Summerslam. For Survivor Series? THe champ was usually in a traditional match(god how I wish they'd go back to this format). That's 3 title defenses per year, and when the champ was someone like Hogan, well, Hogan doesnt wrestle on free TV.

Thank Bret Hart for this shit and becoming "the fightingest champion of all time" facing any challengers. Hell hart, as champion was fighting Skinner, papa Shango, the fucking Mountie, etc. Brock doesnt need to be there, nor did the Rock. I honest to shit dont really care who has the belt, and this John Cena rhetoric of "I'm here all the time" can go out the fucking window. In the AE, that belt was a hot potato, and no one gave a fuck because it was the wrestlers who made the show interesting, not who has the belt.

Elevate the midcard titles, they were usually the best matches on the card anyways, the world title was always the big money attraction, but usually a horrible match(Hogan/Andre anyone?) I wish Brock was there fulltime to fuck people up, but if he were, he would be diluted, and it wouldnt feel as special. My only problem is when Brock shows up and doesnt do anything. I want him to kick an ass or two, just like Brian Boitano'd do.

·
B̴l̨e͡edįng͜ Sin ⛧
10,403 Posts
Yeah...... Nah. Fuck that. I want the champion to actually show up every week and not take the belt hostage.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Won't happen. It would be a disaster for WWE to have Lesnar walk out of WrestleMania week as champion, whether it be to Reigns or Rollins.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Not this again fpalm

I remember how after Summerslam people were saying Lesnar as champ would elevate the mid card titles and the mid card in general. Well, after a big ass run, the IC title is still the jobbers title and no mid carder was able to step up and become a legit main eventer. No more excuses please. Part time champion didn't benefit the product and won't do it.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Not this again fpalm

I remember how after Summerslam people were saying Lesnar as champ would elevate the mid card titles and the mid card in general. Well, after a big ass run, the IC title is still the jobbers title and no mid carder was able to step up and become a legit main eventer. No more excuses please. Part time champion didn't benefit the product and won't do it.
Rollins? Ziggler was elevated, but got knocked down a peg once Bryan returned. I'd also argue Reigns is a credible main eventer. He might not be the guy to beat Lesnar, but he's up there.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Wwe doesn't seem to do anything right anymore, but to do it 'right' here is how you do it, imo.

The championship matches and the champ has to be booked mega STRONG. If the title is defended only a couple times a year then it should become an event. That means only your most legit, over guys hold/compete for it. The champ when he appears has to be presented as something special, a real attraction. If they want cena or bryan as champ they still need to limit their appearances or if that's not possible, put them in tag mstches. How special would a brock lesnar appearance be if he was wr es string a singles match in cincinnati, then the next night is wrestling another singles match 100 miles a wa ay? But if you know a champion only wrestles a handful of times and you love him, know the match will be killer then you might drive to see him. I'm thinking like all japan in the 90's. If the wwe had guys like them, for the title within a couple hundred mile radius I'd be buying the ticket and booking the hotel asap, cause I would know I'd be seeing history and a killer mstch.

What they did in between was have tag matches so you could still see them tour but the 1 on 1 contests were special.

Back to wwe, they could easily pull this off if they wanted. It would take patience and time to educate the f as ns but if you never saw Daniel bryan or brock or cena in singles, when they were it makes the rarity of it part of the attraction.

As for the matches? Clean, well thought out and logical and NO FUCKERY, EVER. Do all this (not that hard) and before you know it wwe title matches would be must see can't miss extravaganzas

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
35,310 Posts
This is great news. I've been saying Bryan and Cena should win both titles for a few weeks now. I still think Reigns is winning at Wrestlemania and I'm glad this report came out. Now maybe I'll get some people to bet against him. The best thing that can come out of Lesnar singing a new contract is a heel Reigns w/Heyman vs. a babyface Lesnar trying to get revenge on both of them.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Rollins? Ziggler was elevated, but got knocked down a peg once Bryan returned. I'd also argue Reigns is a credible main eventer. He might not be the guy to beat Lesnar, but he's up there.
My point is Lesnar taking the belt home didn't help anybody, while some people were justifying Brock as champ would help midcarders. Lesnar's 8 months reign was useless. Business is going down and all we got is a bunch of poor shows where nobody could become a REAL star because they were just there warming a part timer spot.

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
I love the idea of bringing legitimacy back to the us and ic title and Bryan and cena are the guys to do it. I'm also happy about Brock close to resigning with the wwe but I dont want hom as wwe champ I'm sorry they need to get the belt off him.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts