Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
7,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brock Lesnar took part in a media blitz on Tuesday to promote the upcoming season of The Ultimate Fighter reality show.

Regarding WWE and The Undertaker, Lesnar said: "The other fellas that wanted to come, like Stone Cold and The Rock, and Goldberg, those guys had all said, 'I'm coming to watch you, good luck.'", Lesnar said. "This guy (Undertaker) shows up every time I seem to lose (laughs) so he's like my black cloud. And we've got some history. I've worked with him, but I don't really care for him."

Video inside the link

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/headlines/VIDEO_Brock_Lesnar_Doesnt_Care_For_The_Undert.php

·
Registered
385 Posts
What I expected. Lesnar doesn't need a big payday, he's already one of the UFC's biggest stars.

People looked too far into the whole Taker-Lesnar confrontation. I see it as Lesnar was pissed and needed to blow off some steam.

·
Registered
603 Posts
probs just working the media just in case it turns into a story for wrestlemania why not get heat now....
I still doubt that Brock will go into Wrestlemania, but I agree he works the media imo.

·
Banned
291 Posts
I don't doubt them disliking eachother but this is clearly being blown out of proportion by the media.

Lesnar at Wrestlemania won't happen. Why would it?
UFC makes enough money off Lesnar without needing to strike a deal with anyone.

And speaking as a wrestling fan, Lesnar doesn't deserve to set foot in another ring ever again, let alone at Wrestlemania.

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
What I expected. Lesnar doesn't need a big payday, he's already one of the UFC's biggest stars.

People looked too far into the whole Taker-Lesnar confrontation. I see it as Lesnar was pissed and needed to blow off some steam.
I agree and had been saying the same thing from the day the story broke. The Lesnar/Taker confrontation at UFC 121 was obviously Vince's attempt at gaining media exposure outside the normal WWE day to day.

The attempt at virally gaining interest in a Taker/Lesnar confrontation was shot down from the second the Lesnar/Valasquez fight ended. Taker was suppose to confront Brock after he had successfully defended his belt and I believe the WWE's plan was to have it happen at the press confrence after the UFC event.

Instead, what happened was a passing trade of remarks from Undertaker to a beaten up and obviously upset Brock Lesnar, that obviously had bigger things on his mind than trying to set up a pro wrestling storyline. The entire series of events got screwed up from the get go, and I think Vince really didn't fully understand the complications that would go into it. He obviously didn't fully understand contractual obligations between UFC and its fighters. He also obviously didn't have a plan B for the unlikely scenerio of Lesnar losing his belt to Valasequez in the manner he did.

And yes...Taker and Lesnar have always bucked heads from when he was in WWE. Taker put him over, as so many of the other mega name guys did, and Lesnar just peaced. Taker never forgave him, and Lesnar is too stubborn to think he was wrong.

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
I think a lot of people are grabbing at straws by saying this is a swerve or a work, but if it is it's truly one of the greatest for the fact that nobody has cracked it. As I said though, I personally think it's all real and that the simple fact is Lesnar won't be showing up.

Even if he did, I'd be willing to bet Undertaker wouldn't want anything to do with him. They obviously have issues, and it's probably to do with the fact that Brock had everything handed to him and was made into a megastar even quicker than Kurt Angle, but never gave anything back on his way out. Guys like Angle, Taker, Rock, Hogan and others put Lesnar over huge, and he just picked up his ball and went home with it. Undertaker is old school and I'm sure he doesn't appreciate somebody spitting on the business like that.

·
Banned
353 Posts
Re: Cm punk the shepard iwc the sheep

I think a lot of people are grabbing at straws by saying this is a swerve or a work, but if it is it's truly one of the greatest for the fact that nobody has cracked it. As I said though, I personally think it's all real and that the simple fact is Lesnar won't be showing up.

Even if he did, I'd be willing to bet Undertaker wouldn't want anything to do with him. They obviously have issues, and it's probably to do with the fact that Brock had everything handed to him and was made into a megastar even quicker than Kurt Angle, but never gave anything back on his way out. Guys like Angle, Taker, Rock, Hogan and others put Lesnar over huge, and he just picked up his ball and went home with it. Undertaker is old school and I'm sure he doesn't appreciate somebody spitting on the business like that.
i never thought of it this way before it makes sence though they pushed him to the moon than he makes the decision to leave to go play nfl but not before he put on the most bizarre wrestlemania match with Goldberg it was the only thing that really pissed me off that Brock did i was like wtf that whole match

·
Banned
291 Posts

·
KO
5,655 Posts
It's ridiculous how people can turn a straight NO into a "yeah, he's just selling the feud in advance". Wishful thinking is a fucking miracle.

·
Banned
291 Posts
It's ridiculous how people can turn a straight NO into a "yeah, he's just selling the feud in advance". Wishful thinking is a fucking miracle.
Take wishful thinking, pepper it with a little bit of denial and you've got half the gossip threads on here.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Fine by me. I like UFC better than WWE anyways. I don't mind that WrestleMania card will suffer more. Gives you old wwe die hards less excuses to say "well... I bought it for Brock Lesnar!", now ur gonna have to stick to watching crap,.

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
i believe Taker is no a fan of Brock where all of the top stars in wrestling industry laid down for Brock lesnar and then he just piss off to other sports. Vince had all the money and time invested in him and it was wrong career move in the first place which he shouldn't make. Brock has no passion at all for the business. this is i'm against give young guy a monster push without gone through long years of independent built up for the love of wrestling.

for instance The Rock debut in near end of 96 and with all the hard work with WWF/E in him got a monster push within 2-3 years from IC title to World Title he got massive push and became megastar and now he didn't mention of his wrestling career at all, h. rock did come back but he got no love-no passion so he left for good. NO LOYALTY

·
Registered
7,523 Posts
the whole lesnar/Taker situation has been so taken into the wrong proportion. The internet made it into a big deal and Vince tried to hard to get Brock back. Brock doesnt need WWE at this point he is the biggest UFC draw at the moment why would he throw it all away to make one lame appearance in WWE were he will job out to Taker at Mania and have maybe 30% of the crowd who know who Lesnar is and know his history with the WWE. It's just the biggest waste of time and people need to get over it Brock is staying with UFC which is the better mover for him not the WWE

·
Registered
45 Posts
Re: Cm punk the shepard iwc the sheep

the whole lesnar/Taker situation has been so taken into the wrong proportion. The internet made it into a big deal and Vince tried to hard to get Brock back. Brock doesnt need WWE at this point he is the biggest UFC draw at the moment why would he throw it all away to make one lame appearance in WWE were he will job out to Taker at Mania and have maybe 30% of the crowd who know who Lesnar is and know his history with the WWE. It's just the biggest waste of time and people need to get over it Brock is staying with UFC which is the better mover for him not the WWE
Lesnar would get paid more for a WWE fight than a UFC match. Hell, even UFC would make some money. Don't underestimate the power of money, it makes the world go round.

There are a lot of small signs that point to Brock fighting at WM. I keep telling everyone to keep an eye out cause it could happen, but no one listens to me even though i'm being super cereal.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Fine by me. I like UFC better than WWE anyways. I don't mind that WrestleMania card will suffer more. Gives you old wwe die hards less excuses to say "well... I bought it for Brock Lesnar!", now ur gonna have to stick to watching crap,.
So u think WWE is crap without Brock Lesnar? huh, idiot. Best time of WWE is attitude era, when Lesnar was not even in the scene. Stupid troller

·
100% Straight Fire
2,692 Posts
Why do people think he doesn't deserve to come back to WWE? It'd be great for the company, and fair play to him for leaving WWE when his heart wasn't in it anymore.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts