Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading one of the Lesnar threads, and someone made a comment about Lesnar being a c**t to Ambrose during the time they worked together for their WM match.

What exactly happened between the two of them?

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Basically Ambrose had ideas for their match at Mania & Lesnar basically couldn't be fucked & just wanted to suplex him for 10 mins

& it fucking sucked
So what were Ambrose's ideas for the match that Lesnar declined? And shouldnt an agent be making decisions on what happens in a match and what doesnt?

·
WF's resident Big Dog
8,098 Posts
Also, notice the rumble this year how Lesnar just ran through Ambrose straight away & was like "yeah, fuck you cya" :lol

So what were Ambrose's ideas for the match that Lesnar declined? And shouldnt an agent be making decisions on what happens in a match and what doesnt?
No idea tbh, probably some "lunatic" stuff, maybe the props he used on RAW in that wheelbarrow :shrug

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
think it had something to do with brocks UFC fight coming up, he didnt want to do anything that might end up injuring him and therefore put him at a disadvantage in a real fight which kind of makes sense, hes hardly going to want to go jumping through tables etc when he needs to be keeping himself 100%. brock doesnt care much for wrestling all in all and would certainly put his ufc return priority's above another wwe match because at the end of the day his ufc fight is going to reflect on brock more than a wrestling match.

in the end, ambrose labelled him lazy which could be partially true, maybe lesnar simply didnt like working with ambrose much and therefore didnt feel like doing much in the match.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Most of this stems from Ambrose's podcast with Austin. Pretty much everyone has hit on. Dean apparently wanted to do some crazy things in their WM match (he didn't mention what exactly), and Lesnar said it's not happening.

I'm sure it was a combo of Lesnar not respecting him that much and knowing he had an impending UFC match.

·
TEAM KICK!
9,429 Posts
There's a few things going around about this.

On one hand, Ambrose, as others have mentioned, said that Lesnar nixed any ideas to have some truly extreme stuff in their match, so Ambrose took a few shots at him for it. At the same time, i've heard talk that Lesnar did it because he doesn't rate Ambrose at all, and he just considers him to be a blood merchant more than anything else.

·
7,174 Posts
:laugh:
Also, notice the rumble this year how Lesnar just ran through Ambrose straight away & was like "yeah, fuck you cya" :lol

No idea tbh, probably some "lunatic" stuff, maybe the props he used on RAW in that wheelbarrow :shrug
I never understood ambrose picking up the weapons in his cart but then the weapons were under the ring at mania....wouldnt it of made more sense to have ambrose wheel kart down the ramp at mania to face lesnar?

plus I always hate wwe teasing weapons or spots that just simply wouldnt happen, ambrose was never going to use that chainsaw and in the end I dont believe he even got the thing started then most of the other weapons were simply "teases" where brock would cut him off mid attack etc.

just dont bother, I honesty thought this was going to be match of the night, huge disappointment when it ended after literally no memorable moments at all, lesnar even overshot the german suplex onto the chairs.

·
WF's resident Big Dog
8,098 Posts
:laugh:

I never understood ambrose picking up the weapons in his cart but then the weapons were under the ring at mania....wouldnt it of made more sense to have ambrose wheel kart down the ramp at mania to face lesnar?

plus I always hate wwe teasing weapons or spots that just simply wouldnt happen, ambrose was never going to use that chainsaw and in the end I dont believe he got the thing started then most of the other weapons were simply "teases" where brock would cut him off mid attack etc.

just dont bother.
Yup the chainsaw bit was very dumb as he'd never ever use it

I guess the teasing with the wheelbarrow was to showcase some of the weapons he may face under the ring when the match got underway, but of course none of that even happened so what a complete waste of time :lol

Seems that it was kinda decided close to the match how it'd go so none of the weapons were wheeled down

·
Bleep, bloop, bloam, goodbye to your home.
7,761 Posts
The match felt like it's just about to get interesting and then Brock hit F5 and it was over. I felt the match as huge letdown.. it could have been great if Brock would have bothered to work a match for some $$$$

·
7,174 Posts
Yup the chainsaw bit was very dumb as he'd never ever use it

I guess the teasing with the wheelbarrow was to showcase some of the weapons he may face under the ring when the match got underway, but of course none of that even happened so what a complete waste of time :lol

Seems that it was kinda decided close to the match how it'd go so none of the weapons were wheeled down
this is something people cant even really blame brock for, ok maybe brock not wanting to do anything was part of the reason some of these weapons didnt get used but wwe is PG, what is the most they can do? its hardly like it couldve been one of those matches with a lot of blood, they certainly arnt going to have ambrose chainsaw lesnars arm off in the middle of wrestlemania.

its mostly a case of wwe building a match around a set of features that they cant even really deliver on to any great degree, a chainsaw is a cool visual but when you realise they cant actually use it at all, it just takes away any impact of such a weapon.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Brock may aswell retire, He clearly isn't motivated by wrestling anymore and is just there to pick up the money and put in no effort, I can't blame him to be honest he's been given a massive contract which obviously has some creative control clause in there were he doesn't have to listen to his opponents or road agents who put the match together. I get the feeling he's just there to run down his current contract then he will leave. They should have given Ambrose a different opponent because his and Lesnars styles are completely different which made for a bang average match.

·
WF's resident Big Dog
8,098 Posts
this is something people cant even really blame brock for, ok maybe brock not wanting to do anything was part of the reason some of these weapons didnt get used but wwe is PG, what is the most they can do? its hardly like it couldve been one of those matches with a lot of blood, they certainly arnt going to have ambrose chainsaw lesnars arm off in the middle of wrestlemania.

its mostly a case of wwe building a match around a set of features that they cant even really deliver on to any great degree, a chainsaw is a cool visual but when you realise they cant actually use it at all, it just takes away any impact of such a weapon.
It's half & half for me, they could've used a little blood maybe, use more weapons that actually could be used; kendo, broom, table. Basically an extreme rules match. They shouldn't have advertised what they clearly can't deliver on though, & Lesnar had his fight with Hunt to focus on so him doing something crazy might've fucked him.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I was reading one of the Lesnar threads, and someone made a comment about Lesnar being a c**t to Ambrose during the time they worked together for their WM match.

What exactly happened between the two of them?
I am not sure what went wrong, but even Reigns said the same thing. Its like Brock just wants to look super-strong. I don't know why people are hating on Dean. Brock is being a bit selfish here, when you know you are winning, you should let your opponent look strong. You don't want to make him look completely weak.

This is the only thing that I like abt HHH tbh, even if he is fighting Gillberg and beating him in a squash match, he will make him look a bit strong.

https://youtu.be/TZuApUqG55M?t=190

·
Banned
4,945 Posts
It's not just Ambrose, Reigns said the same thing about planning a match with Brock, he couldn't get anything out of him. Sounds like Lesnar's lazy and the younger guys get frustrated with it.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts