Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Morrison/Sheamus was probably MOTN, yeah, 3 and a half stars is probably a reasonable rating. I'd put it higher, but that's just opinion.

You were exceedingly unfair on the Divas match. It was probably the best match in the division this year, and those women busted their asses. I can completely understand someone not liking it out of this 'women working is boring' madness, not to not even rate it? Pretty disrespectful, it was a very solid match.

The WHC TLC match at 2 stars? TWO stars?

Make sure you put the link up for the next review you do on here, 'cause I'd be interested in seeing how you rate matches over a longer period. We're almost certainly looking for different things in the ring, but the explanations of your ratings didn't really tell me why saw it that way.

Oh, just got to the last match. Don't bother reviewing events if you're not going to watch the whole event. That's just a waste of everyone's time.

I also wouldn't mind seeing a list, or at least a select few, WWE matches that either of you would have rated at 4*+ this year, as a comparison point.

·
Banned
5,666 Posts
You've underrated both Morrison/Sheamus and TLC F4W, infact you've also underrated the Divas match and there is no point commenting if you haven't been paying attention to it.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Just like the previous "Youtube" thread. I guarantee if everything was "good" by the person, everyone would be praising it. Just saying.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Just like the previous "Youtube" thread. I guarantee if everything was "good" by the person, everyone would be praising it. Just saying.
Yeah, it's because they posted a review in which they didn't rate two of the matches on the show. Not rated a DUD, not rated saying they didn't think they were worthy of any stars, just flat out completely ignored them.

The first, a very solid match that received a lot of praise at the time and after, was completely disregarded because it was women in the ring. Nevermind the fact that Natalya and Phoenix can outwork some of the guys on the roster, or the fact one of the guys said he liked LayCool, they just completely ignored them. That's a warning bell.

The second, the main event of the show and the apparent culmination of the biggest angle of the year, was also completely ignored because it was Cena, or something. I'm not really sure. One of the REVIEWERS chose not to watch the match at all because it 'didn't interest' him. Now how exactly are you supposed to be interested in a review, when the guys don't even bother to give themselves the context of the entire show? It comes across as disarmingly amateur, and I'd rather see someone rip it to shit, with actual reasons, than completely ignore it.

But no, you're right, it's probably because in my opinion, they underrated some of the matches. We'll ignore the fact that I feel they were actually overly positive about the opening match and Miz/Orton (second best match of the night?). It couldn't possibly have anything to do with the fundamental flaw of reviewing a show and only picking out the bits you want to mention, and choosing to ignore the bits you don't instead of providing any sort of constructive criticism.

What's your opinion of the review, incidentally?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, it's because they posted a review in which they didn't rate two of the matches on the show. Not rated a DUD, not rated saying they didn't think they were worthy of any stars, just flat out completely ignored them.

The first, a very solid match that received a lot of praise at the time and after, was completely disregarded because it was women in the ring. Nevermind the fact that Natalya and Phoenix can outwork some of the guys on the roster, or the fact one of the guys said he liked LayCool, they just completely ignored them. That's a warning bell.

The second, the main event of the show and the apparent culmination of the biggest angle of the year, was also completely ignored because it was Cena, or something. I'm not really sure. One of the REVIEWERS chose not to watch the match at all because it 'didn't interest' him. Now how exactly are you supposed to be interested in a review, when the guys don't even bother to give themselves the context of the entire show? It comes across as disarmingly amateur, and I'd rather see someone rip it to shit, with actual reasons, than completely ignore it.

But no, you're right, it's probably because in my opinion, they underrated some of the matches. We'll ignore the fact that I feel they were actually overly positive about the opening match and Miz/Orton (second best match of the night?). It couldn't possibly have anything to do with the fundamental flaw of reviewing a show and only picking out the bits you want to mention, and choosing to ignore the bits you don't instead of providing any sort of constructive criticism.

What's your opinion of the review, incidentally?
I understand your opinon about the Womens match, we didnt rate it or watch it because neither of us simply have any intrest in the matches, we never said the match was rubbish, we simply said we didnt watch it and gave it a N/A rating becuase of that. I would say thats fair. We gave the TLC4W 2 stars because we thought the match was sloppy and messy in terms of scructure. We didnt like it, everyone has an opinon and thats ours. I didn't watch the chair match, my friend did and thats why we gave it the dud. During the video i gave perfeclty good reasoning to why i didn't want to want the match, and although you say i have to watch the whole event, i dissagree, if i have no motivation to watch a match i would say thats a bad thing in itself. I knew what the match was going to be, and after the storyline being so poor, i gave my thoughts on the feud/build up rather than the match which is also fair enough.

I believe i justified why i didnt like a lot of the show and liked some of the show. You say we underated Morrison match too, 4 stars in my eyes makes it a fantastic match, which i didnt think it was. Really good is what i thought of it, and thats why it got a deserving 3. 1/2.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
I understand your opinon about the Womens match, we didnt rate it or watch it because neither of us simply have any intrest in the matches, we never said the match was rubbish, we simply said we didnt watch it and gave it a N/A rating becuase of that. I would say thats fair. We gave the TLC4W 2 stars because we thought the match was sloppy and messy in terms of scructure. We didnt like it, everyone has an opinon and thats ours. I didn't watch the chair match, my friend did and thats why we gave it the dud. During the video i gave perfeclty good reasoning to why i didn't want to want the match, and although you say i have to watch the whole event, i dissagree, if i have no motivation to watch a match i would say thats a bad thing in itself. I knew what the match was going to be, and after the storyline being so poor, i gave my thoughts on the feud/build up rather than the match which is also fair enough.

I believe i justified why i didnt like a lot of the show and liked some of the show. You say we underated Morrison match too, 4 stars in my eyes makes it a fantastic match, which i didnt think it was. Really good is what i thought of it, and thats why it got a deserving 3. 1/2.
I have no problem with your opinions on matches, because no-one's going to rate the whole card identically. In that post I was pointing out that the reasons I didn't like the review as a whole were not because it was negative.

I do have a problem with watching a review in which some of the card isn't rated. Ultimately, if I'm looking for thoughts and ratings on TLC, I'm looking for them on a whole show. It's the same with gigs; if you're going to review a live music event, you don't leave out the headline band because you don't like them. Chances are, if you're going to watch or read a review of a PPV, you're going to be interested in hearing the thoughts on the main event.

As far as discussing the build up goes, that's all well and good as an introduction to the review or the match, or as a bit of background. It doesn't replace thoughts on the actual show though. If I wanted to know someones thoughts on the Nexus angle, that's what I'd look for, same way I would look for a TLC review to hear thoughts on Cena/Barrett.

Basically, I have little interest in watching a PPV review in which some matches aren't rated. Fair enough, you have no interest in a couple of matches. I'd rather you discussed them, said exactly why you didn't like them, any way they didn't meet your expectations, what you feel would make them better, etc. Ignoring them is worse than rating them at 1* with reasons, IMO.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have no problem with your opinions on matches, because no-one's going to rate the whole card identically. In that post I was pointing out that the reasons I didn't like the review as a whole were not because it was negative.

I do have a problem with watching a review in which some of the card isn't rated. Ultimately, if I'm looking for thoughts and ratings on TLC, I'm looking for them on a whole show. It's the same with gigs; if you're going to review a live music event, you don't leave out the headline band because you don't like them. Chances are, if you're going to watch or read a review of a PPV, you're going to be interested in hearing the thoughts on the main event.

As far as discussing the build up goes, that's all well and good as an introduction to the review or the match, or as a bit of background. It doesn't replace thoughts on the actual show though. If I wanted to know someones thoughts on the Nexus angle, that's what I'd look for, same way I would look for a TLC review to hear thoughts on Cena/Nexus.

Basically, I have little interest in watching a PPV review in which some matches aren't rated. Fair enough, you have no interest in a couple of matches. I'd rather you discussed them, said exactly why you didn't like them, any way they didn't meet your expectations, what you feel would make them better, etc. Ignoring them is worse than rating them at 1* with reasons, IMO.
Ah i see what your saying, next time we probably will sit through things we wouldnt normally sit through for review purposes. Were going to review the Rumble, so im sure well sit through the whole show and say what we hated/didnt like. Thing with Cena Barrett, is that the build up was amazing untill Cena got fired. I was loving the angle and everything that came with it, but when they are ramming down Cenas return down our faces when he hasnt even missed a raw! I find that ridiculous and made it almost impossible for me too stoumach the match.

Dont get me wrong either! Im not a typical "Cena hater" either, the whole storyline just got to me i guess...

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Ah i see what your saying, next time we probably will sit through things we wouldnt normally sit through for review purposes. Were going to review the Rumble, so im sure well sit through the whole show and say what we hated/didnt like. Thing with Cena Barrett, is that the build up was amazing untill Cena got fired. I was loving the angle and everything that came with it, but when they are ramming down Cenas return down our faces when he hasnt even missed a raw! I find that ridiculous and made it almost impossible for me too stoumach the match.

Dont get me wrong either! Im not a typical "Cena hater" either, the whole storyline just got to me i guess...
And that's precisely why the review would have been more interesting with the Cena/Barrett match included. You'd be able to then assess it against those expectations, and say whether the match was as unsatisfying as you thought it would be, or if there was anything about it that made you change your opinion or look at the angle a different way.

There have been very few reviews I've agreed with 100%, in any form of media. I'd still rather read or hear opinions that I disagree with than see them left out completely.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And that's precisely why the review would have been more interesting with the Cena/Barrett match included. You'd be able to then assess it against those expectations, and say whether the match was as unsatisfying as you thought it would be, or if there was anything about it that made you change your opinion or look at the angle a different way.

There have been very few reviews I've agreed with 100%, in any form of media. I'd still rather read or hear opinions that I disagree with than see them left out completely.
Well cheers anyway for even viewing the video, hopefully youll check out our Rumble review and let us know what you think, this sort of critisim is why i posted this in the first place, to make it better

1 - 10 of 10 Posts