Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
6,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In an interview with WrestleTalk.com, AEW star Shawn Spears hinted at legitimate heat between members of the Pinnacle and the Inner Circle.

The two factions are set to collide this coming Wednesday in the first ever Blood & Guts match with Pinnacle having the advantage and Sammy Guevara starting the match for the Inner Circle.

Spears said:

“I don’t think I’m going to get in trouble. If they ask you to cut this, then go ahead and cut this, but sometimes in wrestling, you’re going to meet guys and work with guys that you just don’t get along with, no matter what you don’t see eye-to-eye. That’s something that’s just not going to change and it is what it is. Professionalism takes precedence, but sometimes guys just don’t like each other. I’m not going to name any names, I’m not going to say anything more other than there are guys in this match on May 5 that legitimately don’t like each other. You throw that into an already combustible element of Blood & Guts, in a match already tailor-made for violence so to speak, and anything can happen.”

While this could just be a case of Spears trying to make people even more intrigued for the match, his suggestions certainly aren’t impossible given some of the people in both groups.

You can check out the full interview here:

Source: Legitimate Heat Between Inner Circle & Pinnacle Members? (Exclusive) | WrestleTalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,283 Posts
I'm pretty sure all of the members of The Pinnacle have been on Chris Jericho's Podcast. So, this is definitely kayfabe

·
Registered
#FreeTheAussies
8,195 Posts
You don´t have to like your coworkers.. I´ve worked with plenty of people I didn´t like, it just meant that I wouldn´t meet with them socially.

-But this line kills it as being something interesting.
"You throw that into an already combustible element of Blood & Guts, in a match already tailor-made for violence so to speak, and anything can happen.”
He´s plugging their high-profile match.

·
Registered
#FreeTheAussies
8,195 Posts
A very sad attempt at trying to work the fans into thinking these guys really don’t like each other and therefore the match is gonna be a war!
Sad attempt describes his entire career.. He never amounted to anything despite being in the business for nearly 20 years. His biggest accomplishment is marrying above his level with Peyton Royce.

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
31,446 Posts
You don´t have to like your coworkers.. I´ve worked with plenty of people I didn´t like, it just meant that I wouldn´t meet with them socially.

-But this line kills it as being something interesting.
"You throw that into an already combustible element of Blood & Guts, in a match already tailor-made for violence so to speak, and anything can happen.”
He´s plugging their high-profile match.
I honestly think Jericho meant what he said in his semi shoot about Spears, but he is embellishing about other guys.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I already don't care what happens in this match. The Pinnacle has been made to look stupid too many times.

Also I just plain don't like Spears and I think FTR is the most overrated tag team in history. If Jim Cornette didn't praise them nobody would care.

Hager, Wardlow, and old man Jericho suck too.

·
Southern Pride
4,739 Posts
Obviously he is just trying to build the match, which I give him credit for trying. Someone had to try more to make it feel like there is a real reason to care for this match other than that it's the first one.

Y'all can sit here and attack the guys career but nothing positive comes from that.

·
Ho!
18,008 Posts
1) Hes saying there’s legitimate heat among at least 2 guys in this match. Nobody specific, and could be more, but could also just be 2 of them. Given it’s a 5 on 5 situation, this is definitely possible.

2) Even if he is making it up just to hype the match more, so what? He’s gotta hype the match and frankly it’s better to try and create the image of actual heat between match participants, rather than just be like “Hey y’all this match is gonna be sick, check it out Wednesday!”

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
Obviously he is just trying to build the match, which I give him credit for trying. Someone had to try more to make it feel like there is a real reason to care for this match other than that it's the first one.

Y'all can sit here and attack the guys career but nothing positive comes from that.
You'd think people would at very least give the guy some credit for trying to hype the match but nope. Gotta shot on him for no reason.

If I had to guess that's probably one reason that kayfabe is dead and noone really tries to work people anymore.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Shawn Spears in the drizzling shits. He's all that is wrong with AEW. Terrible in the ring, terrible on the mic, terrible all over but gets a shot because he's friends with Cody. I cracked up when tons of fans on here claimed the WWE misued him and he'd make them look stupid in AEW. He's somehow already on chance 4 or 5 in a company that hasn't been around 2 years!

·
rasslin
6,683 Posts
You'd think people would at very least give the guy some credit for trying to hype the match but nope. Gotta shot on him for no reason.

If I had to guess that's probably one reason that kayfabe is dead and noone really tries to work people anymore.
It’s a little difficult to work people when your television program involves winking at the camera and breaking the fourth wall every episode.

It’s fairly insulting to the fans that someone would even try this after basically shitting on kayfabe since the company started.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts