Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is no sign of any traditional elimination matches being put together yet which sucks. With the retro raw on monday wouldnt it make sense to have a legends vs nexus elimination match at ss? It would be an easy way to create an interesting match at the last minute. If it does go down who would you want to see?

Im thinking we would see piper, bret hart, snuka at least and if ricky steamboat is in good condition now (can anybody confirm his situation?) it would be a good way to make a small storyline for him to get revenge following his attack from the nexus when he promoted his dvd.
Also there was dusty rhodes whos a possibility and maybe dean malenko. Yer hes had medical issues but i bet malenko could easily do a good 5 minute showing on a one time basis. Would be great to see macho man as i still think its becoming an open door for him to possibly come back soon....

·
Banned
4,479 Posts
Mother of jesus god please nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I love the legends
I respect the legends
And I enjoyed watching them in their prime

But please don't make me have to watch their old asses hobble around the ring in another *1/2 match.
Can 1/2 of them even take bumps? Like seriously ??? Can they without dying?

Just don't do it

·
Registered
25 Posts
The problem with this idea is that it assumes anyone would buy a PPV to see any of the wrestlers the OP mentioned wrestle. Especially Hart.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I guess it's possible, they could refer back to Nexus beating down the Legends a few months back but I'd like them to do one Elimination match and I actually wouldn't mind if it was a team of proper legends, such as Bret, Piper and Steamboat (I'll always enjoy a two minute Bret cameo like at Survivor Series) but I don't particularly want to see IRS, Slaughter or Snuka in there again, apart from if they have a nostalgic battle royal on Monday.

Plus, the trouble is, WWE would likely put the Legends over. As much as I'd mark for a Sharpshooter or a Piper Sleeper, Nexus shouldn't be losing to 50 + year olds because it wouldn't do anything for anyone.

They'd probably be better off putting current guys that aren't on the card into a team to take on The Nexus. I see them adding Del Rio/Mysterio, Sheamus/Morrison and Ziggler/MVP to the card, so that would leave a ton of guys like Big Show, Daniel Bryan, Jack Swagger, R-Truth, Kofi Kingston, Cody Rhodes and Drew McIntyre without anything to do.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The problem wwe have is they keep using the same guys. Yes they are famous but they need to bring back other faces for a change. In my opinion wwe had shadowed ricky leading upto wrestlemania as being 3rd rate which sucked. It should have been jericho vs steamboat all the way.
The legends vs spirit squad wasnt too bad but like all things could be better.

At this moment in time i think a dream legends time who could work a good match would be ricky, the rock, austin and ron simmons. Out of the legends match at ss he looked the best out of the team and looked good in his other matches around that time.

·
Registered
25 Posts
At this moment in time i think a dream legends time who could work a good match would be ricky, the rock, austin and ron simmons. Out of the legends match at ss he looked the best out of the team and looked good in his other matches around that time.
Problem here is Dwayne doesn't want to come back, nor does he need to, and Austin is one bad bump away from being as immobile as Taz is. Ron... maaaaybe, but I still say that if someone isn't going to buy Survivor Series, guys who are physically unable to work anymmore eating up time won't change their mind.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yer i know what you mean thats why i said it was a dream team.
Other guys id like to see back are:
Tito santana - getting on now i bet but another guy i think will still be in good shape.
Rocky Johnson - the rocks dad. again old but i bet hes another guy who has some life in it.
The mountie - this guy just vanished off the face of the earth. would be nice to see him again a great heel
run he had i think.
Mr atlas - he seemed to be ok during his brief matches at the end of ecw. would make a good power addion to a
team.
Rick martel - again another guy who faded away and a good heel bet he could still do a short match.
Demolition - my favourite tag team. They still do shows now and again and yes theyre getting on but they are
power guys and seem to take it serious still so they could put on a good short match.
Perry saturn - another guy who vanished. Really enjoyed his wcw run as a face was a great guy. all thats been
said about him lately hes put on the pounds maybe thats true or false.

·
Registered
12,478 Posts
I don't want to see legends wrestle anymore. 99 times out of 100, those matches suck. Ricky Steamboat's two PPV matches last year were the exception, not the norm.

I still want a Nexus vs RAW elimination match. Survivor Series needs at least one elimination rules match.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts