Wrestling Forum banner

Leaving Barrett out

3540 Views 42 Replies 29 Participants Last post by  Until May
Okay, so first he's the uber heel on RAW and practically running the show. Then he goes to SmackDown to leave RAW to CM Punk, who I believe haven't earned it yet. Then everyone was talking about Barrett becoming a big SmackDown star and was being build up towards an Undertaker return, so that Barrett could face him at WrestleMania with the Streak on the line, right??

Then Barrett was put into the Elimination Chamber match and there were high hopes for him, and some people couldn't wait just to see him step in to the chamber. But all that was just to let him get his ass kicked by Big Show and be the first one eliminated. Really poor done. And yesterday the Undertaker made his return on RAW. The same Undertaker who Barrett and Nexus helped bury the last time we saw him, and they did it for a reason that is yet to be known... We have even heard someone, I believe it was Otunga, threaten Barrett to tell everyone about the real reason they attacked Undertaker... And now Undertaker is facing Triple H at WrestleMania, just for Barrett to PROBABLY face Big Show??

THAT'S what's wrong with the WWE these days. Poor storyline bookings, and the storylines that gets booked is destroyed some way or another.

Personally I would still want to see Undertaker vs. Wade Barrett at WrestleMania, and Triple H vs. Sheamus for that matter, instead of another Streak-attempt that has already failed once in the past.

Opinions/Reactions??
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Registered
88 Posts
Yes, i agree! they introduce all these new big stars like Barrett, Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger, Sheamus and more then after they do something really big that gets them noticed they fade into obscurity and they never have a chance to challenge for any major titles again, it's ridiculous! they have such potential as well...

· Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Undertaker vs Triple H > Undertaker vs Barrett and Triple H vs Sheamus combined.
And why?? Because it's two icons??? Because it's The Game vs. The Dead Man?? I would 100% prefer new up and coming stars to get their chances at both Triple H and Undertaker at WrestleMania. Win or lose, they would get the experience and they would be able to show what they've got on the big stage when the spotlight is on. Then have your Triple H vs. Taker match at another Pay-Per View. Undertaker vs. Triple H at WrestleMania has been done before.

Look at it this way, this is probably the last match for Undertaker at a WrestleMania, right?? That means that that it's the last opportunity for someone exactly like Barrett to get that match. Because even if Barrett lost at Mania, he would build up credibility to be, or become, the new top dog.

· Registered
6,714 Posts

And why?? Because it's two icons??? Because it's The Game vs. The Dead Man??
It's also because Triple H and Taker not only have history, but Taker ended Trips best friend's career. And most importantly it is because those 2 can produce, they have amazing chemistry. Oh that and without Cena or Orton to feud with Wade Barrett has been exposed as a very average wrestler with little to offer while Taker & Trips are 2 of the greatest wrestlers in WWE history.

· Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's also because Triple H and Taker not only have history, but Taker ended Trips best friend's career. And most importantly it is because those 2 can produce, they have amazing chemistry. Oh that and without Cena or Orton to feud with Wade Barrett has been exposed as a very average wrestler with little to offer while Taker & Trips are 2 of the greatest wrestlers in WWE history.
Average wrestler?? Or maybe he just haven't had a real opponent yet?? I mean, Big Show?? Come on! And he has defeated guys like Big Show and Rey Mysterio, which besides Edge is the biggest names on SmackDown with Undertaker away. I'm not one of the huge Barrett fans, so don't think that I'm just saying this because I can't see between the lines, but I strongly believe that this between Triple H and Sheamus, and Barrett and Taker, needed to go on for the health of the two youngsters careers. Also, the last years it has been a face superstar/icon facing Taker. Why not try with a young up and coming heel who has a gift when it comes to mic work. And also, Corre couldn't help being a factor in people's predictions :)

· Here To Show The World.
2,349 Posts

Average wrestler?? Or maybe he just haven't had a real opponent yet?? I mean, Big Show?? Come on! And he has defeated guys like Big Show and Rey Mysterio, which besides Edge is the biggest names on SmackDown with Undertaker away. I'm not one of the huge Barrett fans, so don't think that I'm just saying this because I can't see between the lines, but I strongly believe that this between Triple H and Sheamus, and Barrett and Taker, needed to go on for the health of the two youngsters careers. Also, the last years it has been a face superstar/icon facing Taker. Why not try with a young up and coming heel who has a gift when it comes to mic work. And also, Corre couldn't help being a factor in people's predictions :)
Undertaker vs. Wade Barrett at Wrestlemania was never on the cards for one single reason, no one willever believe that Barrett ever has a chance in hell of even getting close to winning the match. In order for it to be a great match and great spectacle, the fans have to believe that the opponent, however little has a chance of winning the match, no one will ever believe Barrett can. I do not think many people will think that Triple H will win at Wrestlemania but I do bet that there is something inside of most people that think, well you never know? The game has a chance. Add that in with the two having great chemistry, history and the fact Undertaker retired his best friend last year, come on man it makes perfect sense.

As for Barrett, he is good on the mic but very very average in the ring, never really rated him to be honest, very boring to me and has been for a while.

· Registered
1,604 Posts
don't worry Barrett is simply waiting for WWE to stop pushing Del Rio once they do he will get pushed hard for the WHC i agree with you on EC tho it was just stupid writing to have him Eliminated like they did he was doing okay up until Show got in then he got steam rolled Barrett hasn't got as much mic time on Smackdown recently but he has had some high profile matches he has pinfall victories over Big Show and Mysterio they just need to give him more mic time instead of having Del Rio come out and talk about his destiny for the 1000th time .

· Registered
1,604 Posts
Barrett and Sheamus are De-pushed accept it.
Sheamus yes Barrett no he has had victories over Mysterio and Big Show over the past few weeks the only reason people say he has been de pushed is he got Eliminated first in the EC but both Cena and Orton have been the first person to be Eliminated from EC in the past .

Reactions: CamillePunk

· Registered
1,624 Posts
Sheamus yes Barrett no he has had victories over Mysterio and Big Show over the past few weeks the only reason people say he has been de pushed is he got Eliminated first in the EC but both Cena and Orton have been the first person to be Eliminated from EC in the past .
Guess i jumped the Gun there, Barrett is questionable losing to a Punch is pretty weak even if it is from Big Show, and didnt have The Corre, which means Barret cant go over Rey, Show by himself.

· Banned
3,639 Posts
Barrett's fine. I hate this whole "first eliminated" thing. R-Truth looked like a joke, yes. But did Barrett. Not at all to me. He was in the chamber for a while until he got caught by a 7 ft. 500 lbs giant that he didn't expect to be locked in with. I never saw him as looking weak one time. Yeah, he got tossed through 2 pods, but I just don't see him as being weak. Everybody get's beat up in the chamber. I bet on Smackdown the Corre will get revenge. And heres what people forget it hasn't even been a year since his main roster debut. HE'S DOING FINE IF NOT GREAT.

· Registered
1,604 Posts
Guess i jumped the Gun there, Barrett is questionable losing to a Punch is pretty weak even if it is from Big Show, and didnt have The Corre, which means Barret cant go over Rey, Show by himself.
tbh WWE have a habit of inconsistently booking heels one minute there tough taking guys to the limit the next there running away and acting like a pussy what they did to Barrett was extremely unnecessary i agree but i cant say i didn't see it coming when the Big Show came out hopefully Barrett goes over the Big Show at Mania or when ever he faces him again as having him job to a 40 year old man close to retirement is just weak and stinks of back stage politics much on the same level that they did to Punk in his feud with Show .

· Registered
317 Posts
Barrett hasn't been made to look weak yet but after seeing what he was capable of on RAW last year I just wish the WWE would just let him ride the crest of the wave and build him as the top heel of the future.

I see his feud with Mysterio merely as a stopgap until Cody Rhodes returns, and I guess he'll never get booked to take down Show cleanly 1-on-1. And before people say "but heels always win by cheating/interference etc" all I ask is to look at the way they are pushing Del Rio.

I see nothing wrong with a Taker vs Barrett programme at Wrestlemania. For those that say that this match is not WM worthy, well there is nothing to prevent HHH being revealed as the 'higher power' that caused Barrett's Nexus to bury Taker in the first place. That way the threat to the streak would be more credible and there would be no reason for a retirement stipulation to be in place for HHH. Storyline wise it would certainly tie up a number of loose ends and would give him the experience and exposure he needs at the grandest stage of them all. It's still not too late to play out this angle, but the chances of it happening are less than 1%.

· Registered
709 Posts
if the match at WM is a streak vs. career match then it was just utter stupidity for HHH to return for six weeks and take what should be wade barrets match against the undertaker.

Reactions: steamed hams

· Registered
6,714 Posts
Wade Barrett has looked average in every match he's been in. He's had plenty of opponents. It will take Daniel Bryan carrying him to get a great match out of Barrett.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.