Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
I say it depends on wrestler to wrestler and why everyone does the Superkick but only one man does Sweet Chin Music, where the wrestler gives his/her move a special name ie Owens does the Stunner and Austin does the Stone Cold Stunner.

My choice for least protected is the Zig Zag

Definitely dont remember the last match that's finished. But I dont recall many people outside of dolph using the zigzag.

While shawn is the only one to call it sweet chin music, if we're getting super technical, even samoans have been using s variation of the super kick. For decades.

But a move that I literally just remembered. How bout the DDT? Sorry if it's been mentioned. But that moves barely even a high spot anymore.

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
The thing with the Zig-Zag is that how can you protect such a shitty finisher, just can't buy Ziggler winning a big match with that move. I think the only important match he has won with the Zig-Zag is the cash in on Del Rio, and even at that time they had to book Del Rio being exhausted from his previous match with Swagger to sell that move as devastating.

I remember he used the Sleeper Hold as his finishing move for a while, it was more protected than Walls of Jericho or Swagger's Ankle Lock but then for some reason they established the Zig-Zag as his finisher...maybe the company was establishing his position of midcarder for life.

·
Premium Member
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Definitely dont remember the last match that's finished. But I dont recall many people outside of dolph using the zigzag.

While shawn is the only one to call it sweet chin music, if we're getting super technical, even samoans have been using s variation of the super kick. For decades.

But a move that I literally just remembered. How bout the DDT? Sorry if it's been mentioned. But that moves barely even a high spot anymore.
Another guy mentioned the DDT too... But I don't really feel like the Super Kick and DDT are great inclusions.

Finishers are weird in that to one person it's a "DEADLY MOVE" and to another person it's a regular high spot move. Sometimes regular moves can become finishers too. No one expects anyone BUT Hulk Hogan to win with a leg drop. Baily's belly to back suplex (While most people don't like it as a finish) has been a regular non finishing move forever. Hell Big Show went some time winning matches with a single punch. In kayfabe terms one can say that it's only a finisher when they do the move because they perfected it or if their particular size makes the move more deadly.

I'm thinking more in the lines of that move being an established finisher for that wrestler but they never seem to win with that move anymore.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,042 Posts
Walls of jericho

any non-hbk superkick

FU post 2012/13

breakdown/skull crush finale

·
Premium Member
43,895 Posts
Surprised nobody brought up Benoit's diving headbutt yet

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
Its funny. I've been watching old Nitros and Benoit used to beat people with that move. It became a standard "middle of the match highspot to get a nearfall" move in WWE.

Anyways, the first finisher in WWE that I remember getting really bastardized as the Angle Slam. Angle kind of popularized the type of match we see all the time today in that everything is centered around big kickouts of big moves, and it made his matches exciting, but it also ruined a lot of moves in the process as nothing could get a win. The Angle Slam was the first finisher I remember thinking everytime "He's going to kick out" because most of the time, everyone did.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts