Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In response to the thread about finishers no one has kicked out of. I thought why not go in the other direction. What do you feel are the most useless finishers?

The Angle slam

When Kurt Angle started doing the Ankle lock, Everyone and their sister kicked out of the Angle slam it's hard to call it a finisher.

Any others?

·
The Babyface of WF
11,713 Posts
Today.

Skull Crushing Finale
Zig Zag
Pop Up Powerbomb(As a Face)
Natural Selection
Revolution Knee(More a Sig)
Future Shock(More a Sig)

Back then.

Book End
Angle Slam
Fameasser(Early use)
Edgecution
Walls Of Jericho
Lionsault
Nitro Press(Used briefly as Johnny Nitro's Finisher post MNM prior to Hangman's Neckbreaker iirc then finally a stronger Finisher in the Moonlight Drive)

First ones to come up.

·
Registered
546 Posts
What about the last ride? I think it's been kicked out of in every single Taker match (where he used it of course) since he reverted back to the deadman 16 years ago.

You could argue that the tombstone is now his primary finisher, but then the same argument could be made for i.e. the angle slam and the walls of jericho.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Yall remember when wrestlers kicking out of finishers used to be a legitimate shocking moment. Nowadays it's normal for 2-3 finishers to end a match. Is anybody surprised by any kickouts these days? I'm not, I just feel like matches spam kickouts as a cheap way to build suspense but it's just way too predictable.

·
Premium Member
16,948 Posts
Curbstomp....that one time....

Superkick. Tombstone. F5. Pedigree. <- These moves have been kicked out more times per match in the past 10 years than any other.
I was about to say no, but then realized Tombstone is only done by Taker and he has 2 matches a year. Each match has a couple kick outs. It's a technicality, but still the most kicked out of finisher % wise.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Super kick is the undisputed winner. It went from a finisher, to a signature, to a running strike.

I love indy shit but even I can admit everybody is thigh slapping these days

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Super kick is the undisputed winner. It went from a finisher, to a signature, to a running strike.

I love indy shit but even I can admit everybody is thigh slapping these days
I say it depends on wrestler to wrestler and why everyone does the Superkick but only one man does Sweet Chin Music, where the wrestler gives his/her move a special name ie Owens does the Stunner and Austin does the Stone Cold Stunner.

My choice for least protected is the Zig Zag

·
Registered
493 Posts
Yes, Mankind had matches where he used the claw as a finish. Later on he started doing the claw with Socko on his hand and finished matches like that. I think he beat Rock at Rock Bottom like that. I think he won his first match against Undertaker with it, pinning him, but I'm not sure.

The Attitude Adjustment was kicked out of many times. I'd say more than half of Cena's matches that were at least somewhat important saw his opponent kicking out of it at least once.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts