Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A look behind the curtain.

An internal WWE memo from a few years back recently leaked and stated a few things of interest:

* Vince McMahon no longer wants “Granddaddy of them all” using to describe WrestleMania because he feels it makes WrestleMania feel old and dated.

* Nobody can use the phrase “choke” for a submission move. Undertaker’s Hell’s Gate move was named Triangle submission hold.

* Producer Kevin Dunn stated that announcers can no longer use the phrase “title changes hands.”

* Vince banned the use of terms “five star match” and “match of the year.” As part of the memo banning those terms, Vince also wanted all announcers to “stop reading the dirt sheets” with the idea that it influences what they say.

* Stephanie McMahon sent a memo for announcers to never use the phrase “the referee didn’t see it” when a heel is doing something behind the referees back. She wrote that it makes it seem like the announcers are treating the fans like they are in grade school. Stephanie prefers “the referee’s vision was impaired” or “the referee’s vision was blocked.” Also, never use the word “hatred” or “hate” when describing a feud and the announcers should never say a talent doesn’t care about winning a match.

Read more: http://www.pwmania.com/leaked-wwe-memo-reveals-orders-from-vince-mcmahon-stephanie-kevin-dunn#ixzz2hzHlkojz

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,013 Posts
Some of these things are stupid, it must be so hard being an announcer and not being able to say hardly anything, it's ridiculous.

The 'Choke' I can understand, and maybe the granddaddy situation but the rest .... Jesus, it's a bit OTT to be honest.

·
Banned
4,704 Posts
Stephanie McMahon sent a memo for announcers to never use the phrase “the referee didn’t see it” when a heel is doing something behind the referees back. She wrote that it makes it seem like the announcers are treating the fans like they are in grade school.
Of all things she is afraid THIS will treat the fans like they are in grade school:lol

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,085 Posts
fucking lol at not being able to use Hate or hatred :banderas

·
Butter My Arse
11,762 Posts
:cole3 Wow King, you can almost feel the hatr...naughtiness in the air tonight! We may see the title change ha...we may see the belts go to...another guy...tonight!

:lawler I hate that walrus!

:vince3

Kevin Dunn is a fucking joke.

·
my socks are wet
2,971 Posts
So I am guessing that this is why King, Cole and JBL are a little extra annoying this year. I swear they get worse and worse every week.

And pretending like we are in grade school? We get taught how to download the app every single week. It makes me want to download it and delete it and give it a terrible review. I don't think they understand that shoving material and products down our throats does not always work.

:vince3

·
Butter My Arse
11,762 Posts
They should make Kevin Dunn show up on Raw and be a member of The Authority. He would be the top heel within five seconds.

Coupled with his barmy policies, if that face doesn't want to make you smack it upside down with a bag of bricks then fair play to ya.

·
Ceramic Wizard Bong
3,993 Posts
Some of these things are stupid, it must be so hard being an announcer and not being able to say hardly anything, it's ridiculous.
one of Foleys books has some funny stuff about the announcing rules, such as Vince HATING pronouns, like you couldnt say
"wow Mark Henry hit Ryback with a chair, he really nailed him with it"

it would have to be
"wow Mark Henry hit Ryback with a chair, Mark Henry really nailed Ryback with that chair".

and dont even THINK about refering to the Undertaker as 'taker':lol

1 - 20 of 82 Posts