Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
my socks are wet
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A script from an “Attitude Era” episode of Raw has hit the web.

Longtime fans may recall the premiere Raw episode on TNN, which took place on September 25, 2000 and featured the return of “Stone Cold” Steve Austin following a lengthy layoff due to neck surgery. The episode was headlined by a WWF Championship Match pitting The Rock against Chris Benoit. Courtesy of a Reddit.com user, the script for the show can be seen below:

-- Pwmania

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,087 Posts
sorry don't buy it.

Just a recap with some well known WWE agents slapped on. Plus the font and layout look bush league.

·
STEVALD
4,053 Posts
Script From an Attitude Era Raw Leaked

a Reddit.com User said:
A script from an "Attitude Era" episode of Raw has hit the web.

Longtime fans may recall the premiere Raw episode on TNN, which took place on September 25, 2000 and featured the return of "Stone Cold" Steve Austin following a lengthy layoff due to neck surgery. The episode was headlined by a WWF Championship Match pitting The Rock against Chris Benoit.

The user was able to get a hold of the script from his father, who worked backstage that night at the Bryce Jordan Center in State College, Pennsylvania.

"Hey guys, if you remember awhile back I posted a script my dad found backstage while working at the Bryce Jordan Center," the user remarked. "I told you I had another one and here it is (sorry for the delay). This was the first broadcast on TNN and a damn good episode of RAW. Enjoy!"

And here's the episode.

Not really news, but interesting nonetheless.

·
Fear Me!
3,444 Posts
Re: Script From an Attitude Era Raw Leaked

You mean it's all scripted?!?!

Just joking, of course, lol.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts

So that's how they script an episode of RAW ... or at least, how they did at the time. Very, very interesting.

Wish I had known this at University when I did my script writing module.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts

That's a pretty stacked card for a weekly episode - Tag title ladder-match, Hardcore title match, IC title match and First Blood match all on the undercard. I suppose if that happened nowadays you might complain about overexposing gimmicks and giving too much away on free TV, but that hardly seemed to hurt WWF 2000. I guess if the product's hot, it's hot for TV and PPV regardless.

Also interesting to see how much lee-way there is for promo segments - I've heard most dialogue on Raw is heavily scripted, with only a few key players working off bullet-points. WWE.com content certainly shows that the midcard do better when speaking naturally, so obviously this is a case of less is more.

·
Registered
14,076 Posts
"Benoit warms up"

Ruh roh...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts