Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know they needed to get the title off of Brie or Nicki - whichever one it was.

But was it such a great idea to put it straight on Layla? We haven't even seen her speak since her return, and it's because of this that she isn't over. She got such a week pop on Raw this week. And where does she go from here?

·
Premium Member
17,416 Posts
Some other threads said it was a last minute decision. Yet, most people will agree, DAT ASS is always a good decision. I don't think Creative really cares what happens with the Divas. So if Martha Stewart came in tomorrow and buried the whole roster, I don't think anyone will lose sleep over it.

where she goes from here? stalling matches until Beth is healed up. I think WWE does want a Beth v Kharma feud, though that goes against my first response.

·
Banned
8,766 Posts
I think Kharma may have pulled a "Brodus Clay" and tweeted something that could've ruined whatever "surprise" the WWE had. Meaning that SHE was the one who was supposed to come out, destroy the Bellas and become the Divas champ.

Frankly, I couldn't give a shit about the Division. I just want to see Kharma make her return on a weekly basis and pound the living shit out of both divas and the guys.... She is the ONLY reason to watch Diva matches(when she is involved).

·
The Sundance Kid
18,630 Posts
Yeah, it was a good decision. They ruined Beth (booking her like a bitch) and Natalya (fart gimmick, now she's insane and I can't tell if she's supposed to be face or heel?) and Layla is the only credible diva left. Her returning gives her a fresh slate compared to the other two. She's also the best female wrestler on the roster outside of the aforementioned and ruined Beth and Natalya. Plus, she's fucking hot.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
As long as her ass gets more TV time, it's a great choice.

·
pretending to be nice
1,492 Posts
They're also making it a storyline. You should watch SmackDown. Booker T mentioned on-air that Layla has heat backstage from other divas for winning the championship on her first match since her injury. There's a couple of ways they can go about it, either Layla heel turn as she cracks under pressure, or Layla gets face sympathy when she stands her ground against jealous divas. Btw she had a very good reaction in SmackDown and had a great match against Natalya as well!

·
Banned
3,223 Posts
it´s a nice thing to look at but the divas title is a joke anyway. First they let Beth lose the title to one of those twins just before they leave and then this ho cums in and beat them with a stupid neckbreaker. I mean she is hot but if I were the booker I would book Natalya as champion.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
Too bad she dosen't look as good as she used to.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
I quite like Layla tbh. They needed to get the title off one of the bellas (although why the title was with one of the bellas is anyones guess) and she was ready for a return. She obviously isnt going to get a huge reaction when, 1. The fans dont generally care about DIVAs anyways and 2. A lot of people will have forgotten she even existed but she's fairly likeable to me. She's also fairly decent in the ring which is nice to see.

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
Kharma was supposed to return and beat up the Bellas and take the divas title but news of her return leaked so WWE changed it to Layla returning this sucks as I wanted to see Kharma deestroy the Bellas on their way out of the company

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
It doesn't matter. Nothing that happens in the Divas division matters. They've probably already forgotten that Layla is the champ.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I know they needed to get the title off of Brie or Nicki - whichever one it was.

But was it such a great idea to put it straight on Layla? We haven't even seen her speak since her return, and it's because of this that she isn't over. She got such a week pop on Raw this week. And where does she go from here?
No offense to Layla or to her fans,but no-one outside the internet cares about her. She isn't over with the casual fans;she wasn't over before she got injured and now being gone for a year doesn't help her.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Well at least she is being featured more than Beth was and she has the ability to put on a decent match. It is hard to care about a group when they only get around 3 minutes per show to display their in-ring talent. The most over women on the entire roster are in non-wrestling roles as of late: AJ, Vickie, and Eve.

·
Registered
131 Posts
There's no point even discussing it because all people wanna say is that she is hot, etc..So I think that just says it all really.

I was a bit surprised when she came back at ER, wish she had her own music as I immediately think McCool when I hear that song which doesn't help. She looked way better in the ring though to be fair, quicker, not sloppy like she was before and she has a wider move-set now which is cool. But nonetheless, Phoenix or Natalya should have the title.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts