Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope I wasn't hearing things, but did you hear that guy in the audience that told LayCool to "SHUT UP" as they entered the ring?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I was there tonight.. Were there mics fucked on real tv?

It was like they were talking but everything was echoing throughout the arena that they said, loud and very annoying with layla's high pitch voice. I don't think it was intended.

and im not surprised at all, they were talking during their music so no one could understand them. then like i said their mics were off or something.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I think i heard it too, but i can't really blame that guy though because it was like listening to Jillian's singing, lol. I'm very disappointed that they got fed to Bella Twins tonight pfffffftttt, and why was there no continuation of their feud with Natalya?

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
This was such a poor match/segment. They blatantly copied ROH with what they did with the Kevin Steen match about 6 weeks ago, only ROH did it to perfection and WWE made themselves look like ammeters with their version of the 'wrestler talks their way through the match over the mic'.

·
Registered
578 Posts
What laycool did was GREAT for them. They're supposed to be annoying and awful. I give Layla lots of credit for being able to be so annoying. The reason it was horrible is because that's exactly what it's supposed to be. I hope they keep doing it every now and then. It will get as much heat as "EXCUSE ME!"

·
Banned
8,557 Posts
This was such a poor match/segment. They blatantly copied ROH with what they did with the Kevin Steen match about 6 weeks ago, only ROH did it to perfection and WWE made themselves look like ammeters with their version of the 'wrestler talks their way through the match over the mic'.
Booker T talking his way through the match was also good (owning the FrontLine)

And LayCool was getting Bubba The Love Sponge heat.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
And LayCool was getting Bubba The Love Sponge heat.
Still better than getting no reaction though. And it served its purpose, to annoy people.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
And probably changed the channel, since it was more entertaining watching the Dolphins's special teams screwing up the game against the Patriots.
It was just a very short match anyway, won't hurt much. I personally hope they won't do it every week though, it will take away from the match. Just keep it to backstage segment.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Layla has awesome charisma, unlike 90% of the other divas. Annoying charisma but still charisma. Michelle is boring as a brick personality wise, but she is very, very good in the ring. Layla is still a bit sloppy, but still better than most of the models/dancers turned into wrestler methinks. I marked out when she did a Diamond Dust a few weeks back. A diva taking a bump off the 2nd rope who isn't Gail Kim? FUCK YEA!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What laycool did was GREAT for them. They're supposed to be annoying and awful. I give Layla lots of credit for being able to be so annoying. The reason it was horrible is because that's exactly what it's supposed to be. I hope they keep doing it every now and then. It will get as much heat as "EXCUSE ME!"
If they continue doing it a lot of people will change the channel. It will never reach the capacity of Vickie's "EXCUSE ME!!" It's not the catchphrase that gives her heat. It's the fact she knows how to get heat, it's annoying yet funny at the same time. In all honesty people actually like Vickie.

As oppose to LayCool that only got ONE guy to tell them to "SHUT UP" is not legit heat. It was probably out of irritation of sitting through shitty thrown together show.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts