Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Sgt. Pepper
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone see the slow motion video of Jerry Lawler punching Ted DiBiase on RAW this past week? Lawler clearly made very HARD contact with Ted's face.
Does anyone think the force of the punch was accidental, or do you think DiBiase told Lawler before hand to really hit him?

Thoughts?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I think it's scripted and Ted agreed in advance to make it look real. Ted might look a bit weak or girly but I am sure he can take a bump!

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Looked pretty legit, or at least stiffer than usual. I doubt he'd have done it without permission if it was hard and not an accident. It's worth mentioning here that Lawler has one of the best worked punches in wrestling, which is a benefit of seeing him back in the ring.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Oh whoopdee doo.... Lawler knows how to connect his fist with another man's face. This for sure means he deserves a WWE title shot. :rolleyes: (Heh sorry, I am still bitter over that and couldn't help myself. :p)

Seriously though, that was a pretty stiff punch. I'm sure that's what was intended though.

·
Premium Member
19,338 Posts
It was a good shot, to be sure.

It was probably planed that way though.

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts
Stiff punches are fucking pointless when we see pletny of those in matches.

Ted just jobbed to a punch. They can slow mo it all they want.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Stiff punches are fucking pointless when we see pletny of those in matches.

Ted just jobbed to a punch. They can slow mo it all they want.
He got punched in the face with a shot that he didn't see coming. That'll take most people down, if it's a half decent shot.

That's not to mention that closed fist punches are kayfabe banned in matches, so we don't see that many of them. I'm sure that's still the rule, anyway, they make it up as they go along.

Dibiase's jobbed to many things worth laughing about, but this just doesn't seem like one of them to me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts