Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Banned
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
King has had some brain dead moments in the past but the worst has come.

At Battleground during the tag match between Khali/Santino and The Real Americans, a loud "USA" chant started and King proceeded to say the single stupidest most insulting thing on commentary...

"Are they chanting USA for Khali?"

:lawler

·
Banned
1,695 Posts
That orange old fuck has been a complete car crash since PG was introduced.

Its not even his tired sexual innuendos that annoy me anymore, its the fucking incomprehensible bias he has towards faces. He literally has one set of rules for faces and another for heels, often leading to laughable incidences of hypocrisy.

However, the most recent trend he has set is referring to Heyman as "Walrus" every 5 seconds during a promo or match he is involved in. We get it, he's overweight.

Heyman didnt just have a heart attack though did he you old cunt. :brock

·
Registered
869 Posts
I haven't been able to stand him for the longest time. Let's start a petition or something to get that pathetic excuse for a commentator off of TV.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
The thing I hate is when they have him "V.J" those things like the app vote announcements or that awkward Diva thing they did in the ring back in August.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
He's always been an irritating cunt, but nowadays it's become un-stomachable.

Wish the heart attack had kept him off TV permenantly.

Reactions: Samoon

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Back when it was him and JR in the late 90s and early 00s that was classic stuff but he's just way past it now, Michael Cole has come into his own recently and seems to be the only one that's really holding things together, JBL is pretty terrible as well. I hope in a few years when Punk retires he decides to stick around and we get Cole and Punk on commentary, his stuff in 2010 was great. For now i'd love to see Cole and Foley.

I think the problem with the commentary team does run a bit deeper than just who they have in the roles though, as Joey Styles explains here..

·
Parks and Recreation Dept.
7,498 Posts
The man has been unbearable for years. Frankly I could barely stand him even in the Attitude Era. All those sexual jokes and innuendo, I was always thinking, "Christ, what kind of shit are you into when these cameras are off?"

·
Banned
483 Posts
If they want to make WWE more realistic then the bias torward heels need to stop, it worked in the rock N wrestling era but thats because the heels back then were more cartoonlike than todays heels who you can relate to and sometimes feel sorry for, yes I am looking at you Sheamus for making me feel sorry for the heels you buried instead of making me boo them

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,013 Posts
Back when it was him and JR in the late 90s and early 00s that was classic stuff but he's just way past it now, Michael Cole has come into his own recently and seems to be the only one that's really holding things together, JBL is pretty terrible as well. I hope in a few years when Punk retires he decides to stick around and we get Cole and Punk on commentary, his stuff in 2010 was great. For now i'd love to see Cole and Foley.

I think the problem with the commentary team does run a bit deeper than just who they have in the roles though, as Joey Styles explains here..
Cole and Foley would be great!!!!! I actually don't mind JBL either on commentary, I'm hearing him being knocked quite a bit lately, but I personally don't mind him to be honest.

I know it wouldn't happen now, but I always give credit to Vince for his commentary and voice overs he used to do, I'm not sure how he'd fair now but to have Vince back on commentary, even as a one off, would be amazing!!!! He's so underrated for his commentary work, his enthusiasm was spot on!!

I can see The Miz going down this route you know, or being some sort of backstage reporter or something at some point, kind of like how he's currently doing Miz TV, he seems to be getting more into that kinda role and less in the ring, sure he's still very active in the ring but he doesn't seem to be included in anything solid, storyline wise anymore, just having the odd matches and little feuds, like with Fandango recently, or doing a spot with Orton to build Orton's new character, but it doesn't really amount to much.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I miss heel Lawler. For that matter, I miss heel Cole too.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
JBL is becoming Lawler Lite, Cole may suck but at least he's not a broken record like JBL and King.

·
Natasha Yi. WHAT A BABE.
7,731 Posts
Lawler has been awful for years. The guy must be laughing all the way to the bank. All that money for repeatedly phoning in shit performances for so long now.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Cole and Foley would be great!!!!! I actually don't mind JBL either on commentary, I'm hearing him being knocked quite a bit lately, but I personally don't mind him to be honest.

I know it wouldn't happen now, but I always give credit to Vince for his commentary and voice overs he used to do, I'm not sure how he'd fair now but to have Vince back on commentary, even as a one off, would be amazing!!!! He's so underrated for his commentary work, his enthusiasm was spot on!!

I can see The Miz going down this route you know, or being some sort of backstage reporter or something at some point, kind of like how he's currently doing Miz TV, he seems to be getting more into that kinda role and less in the ring, sure he's still very active in the ring but he doesn't seem to be included in anything solid, storyline wise anymore, just having the odd matches and little feuds, like with Fandango recently, or doing a spot with Orton to build Orton's new character, but it doesn't really amount to much.
The more I think about Cole and Foley the more I realise i'd love it :agree:
Fair enough, I can't really think of what it is about him that annoys me, it's just in general I guess. He always worked great as a heel wrestler but he just seems fairly limited in what he can do as a commentator I guess, he just feels like a face commentator that edges towards favouring heels and never really goes the whole way, which he'd need to for it to work.

The Miz could work in a backstage role, like Coach or Lilian (mmm Lilian) in 2000, looks like he has a feud with the Wyatt family booked for now, probably through to HIAC but can't really see him being active beyond another few years.

·
Banned
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
He also said "I think they're chanting we want chairs!" when the crowd chanted "we want tables" during the RVD/ADR match.
That was also conveniently when RVD grabbed a chair. King just twists chants around into what he thinks is best for the moment and the faces.

·
Keeping the red flag flying high
2,044 Posts
Lawler has been complete and utter garbage since about 2007-ish, it's a far cry to how great he was as the heel colour commentator back in the mid-late 90's, can't stand him these days.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts