Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Source: Gerweck

* 11/12 in Nashville, Tennessee (former TNA Asylum): sellout of 1,200 fans.

* 11/13 in Dalton, Georgia: 550 fans.

* 11/14 in Gainesville, Georgia: 1,000 fans.
I'm not sure what the venue capacity of the other two shows were, but at least they got a good number for the last show at the Asylum.

·
YES! YES! YES!
10,405 Posts
Yea, we're not a very big wrestling city here in Dalton. A co-worker of mine went up to the venue two days before the show and got 2nd row seats.

Then again, TNA isn't pulling in major numbers in most places. Gainsville (which is where I was born) has a definite wrestling past to it, especially at the Georgia Mountain Center, and it's the home of AJ, so there's bound to be a good crowd usually.

·
Registered
12,441 Posts
If they stayed in Nashville charging fans to get seats they could be making rather decent money up until it closed down that is but still. They sold out with actual wrestling fans that care about the product. They need a new home

·
Registered
681 Posts
I was in Dalton on the 13th, I didn't even know they were having a show there. I was attending a friends wedding there anyway.

·
YES! YES! YES!
10,405 Posts
What else is there to do in Dalton, GA on a Saturday night?
Honestly, nothing. I'm either at work or hanging out with my friends at someone's house usually. I was in Atlanta for a concert, or else I would have gone.

But as usual, TNA did a horrible time promoting the show outside of their website. I had co-workers and friends who are TNA fans that had no idea they were coming to town and even after the show had no idea there had been an event in the area.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
TNA actually promoted the Nashville show. Amazing how that works.

I just dont understand why TNA runs so many house shows. They should run 1/3rd the house shows and put 3 times as much promotion into them. Promote them all like you did the NYC, Hammerstein, and Nashville shows and you will have an excellent house show business.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Nashville and Gainsville did quite well. I am not really surprised since Nashville was when they had their weekly PPV's and Gainsville is AJ's home town.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Why don't they promote them on the bottom of the screen at some point in the programme? Nothing over the top, just where they'll be next week etc.

Damn, it does feel like spoon-feeding a 50 year old sometimes with TNA ;->

·
Registered
945 Posts
Absolutely terrible attendance. There's no excuse for them not to advertise their shows. How hard it is to air locals radio spots and commercial ads? They even have a marketing director for pete's sake.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,974 Posts
If I was running a show in Georgia, all I would do is have AJ Styles cut a two minute promo, about it, and put it on youtube. The internet would do the rest.

Is that too complicated for TNA?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts