Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Although Kairi Sane has finished up with WWE, that doesn’t mean that she isn’t slated to have one more appearance on television.

As noted, Sane, who ended her current tenure with WWE on good terms, worked Monday’s WWE TV tapings where she went over SmackDown Women’s Champion Bayley in a non-title match during this week’s episode of Raw.

Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful Select reported today that Sane is slated to appear on next week’s episode of Raw, but there’s no word yet on her exact role on the show. WWE taped this episode on Monday as well.

It was noted that the company has “made a big effort to retain Kairi, and pitched several ideas to keep her on the payroll, and more specifically, away from other companies.”

The reason for her decision to go on hiatus is due to her wanting to return to Japan and live there full-time with her husband as the couple was married earlier this year.

The report added many of the ideas pitched to her in order for her to stay under contract with WWE includes being a possible ambassador or a trainer.

Originally, WWE came up with plans to write Sane off television by having her be attacked by a fellow WWE star. However, that star hasn’t worked TV tapings over the last few weeks, which is why Shayna Baszler was brought back to Raw.
Source: Latest on Kairi Sane’s status for next week’s Raw, WWE wanting to keep her on payroll | Wrestling News

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,517 Posts
This is a petty ass company. Finally gets her moment and now they are going go with having one of the Raw woman end her last image by taking her out.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Sooooo... What about Asuka vs Kairi? Is that still or was it ever in the plans? That's what Kairi wants. Let her have it WWE. Kairi and Asuka had no interactions in Japan. Asuka and Kairi working together was a 1st time thing here in WWE so let her have her dream match before she departures.

And damn they cant let Kairi compete 1 more year in Stardom then retire? She wants to start a family I don't think she'll want to be a trainer and how can she be a trainer for WWE if she's in Japan. WWE trying hard to keep her when so they should let her go on still good terms

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,145 Posts
Sooooo... What about Asuka vs Kairi? Is that still or was it ever in the plans? That's what Kairi wants. Let her have it WWE. Kairi and Asuka had no interactions in Japan. Asuka and Kairi working together was a 1st time thing here in WWE so let her have her dream match before she departures.

And damn they cant let Kairi compete 1 more year in Stardom then retire? She wants to start a family I don't think she'll want to be a trainer and how can she be a trainer for WWE if she's in Japan. WWE trying hard to keep her when so they should let her go on still good terms
Probably a trainer for NXT Japan, which is going to inevitably fail.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I don't weather its Vince or Triple H but like Vince back in the 80s they want to want to make a monopoly today on the indy scene

·
Custom User Title
6,550 Posts
Probably a trainer for NXT Japan, which is going to inevitably fail.
Latest word was a trainer/talent scout for WWE, or an ambassador (similar to Funaki). She's also talked about retiring to start a family, so a job in WWE doing PR work or scouting potential new talent for them isn't a bad idea.

WWE has no plans to open an NXT Japan any time soon, and they've said as much. COVID has stopped global outreach for pretty much every wrestling company.

·
Registered
485 Posts
This is a petty ass company. Finally gets her moment and now they are going go with having one of the Raw woman end her last image by taking her out.
How could you not be expecting it? The second I saw Shayna's ugly mug on Raw, I was expecting her to destroy her (surprised it didnt happen on the ramp this week after the match).

But seriously...her moment? Who the fuck is she? She's not a legend or long tenured star. Besides this is wrestling, EVERYONE should go out on their back!

·
Custom User Title
6,550 Posts
How could you not be expecting it? The second I saw Shayna's ugly mug on Raw, I was expecting her to destroy her (surprised it didnt happen on the ramp this week after the match).

But seriously...her moment? Who the fuck is she? She's not a legend or long tenured star. Besides this is wrestling, EVERYONE should go out on their back!
That isn't always the case of people going out on their back. Moxley/Ambrose didn't, same for a few other stars. And Kairi will be appearing next week as well, so she'll probably be written off then.

But like what was mentioned in the OP, WWE wants to keep a strong relationship with her, as they don't want her going to any other companies. Feeding her to Bayley wouldn't have helped matters, and odds are knowing how Bayley is behind the scenes, she likely had no problem losing to Kairi.

·
Registered
9,797 Posts
Would she even be able to go back to Japan right now? I can see her eventually doing that, but the WWE is pretty good at talking people round. I wouldn’t be surprised to see her sweetened into a Raw Women’s Title run when it is all said and done.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts