Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I do think this has been posted before, but I still can't believe how well done this video is, and it really makes me miss THIS Punk. :(

I really hope WWE comes up with some kind of good storyline that can light a fire under him once again, to bring all this out once more!

Thoughts on the video and topic?

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
Yeah, was postet before.

But that Video is just so extremly awesome

btw. I was afraid this would be about Rock/Cena :D

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Great video , awful song for it

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Fantastic feud last year! The promos were gold, the storyline was well-written, and their MITB match was excellent! Cena vs. Punk was a modern day Hogan vs. Savage. OP, if you made this video - nice job, but the song doesn't go well...

·
Registered
6,187 Posts
Oh yeah I posted this a while ago, glad you re-posted it. Still my favourite tribute put together by a Youtuber.

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If the feud hadn't been CM Punk vs John Cena, I would have left the thread immediately. XD
Agreed. I think the lyrics suit the video for sure! It's taken directly from Dr. Horrible's sing a long blog.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
No. I can think of a better feud then this for me personally.

Orton and Christian.

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I prefer Taker/HHH from last year as the best feud, but that feud was pretty good too. A shame WWE didn't ran with it, because now CM Punk has become as irrelevant as Zack Ryder. Despite being the WWE Champion.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
I prefer Taker/HHH from last year as the best feud, but that feud was pretty good too. A shame WWE didn't ran with it, because now CM Punk has become as irrelevant as Zack Ryder. Despite being the WWE Champion.
Taker/HHH from last year? They didn't even have a feud, per se. The whole match was built as a special attraction between legends. This year they, along with Shawn Michaels, had a two-month-long storyline leading into Wrestlemania.

I just watched last year's Money in the Bank again the day before Extreme Rules and I have to say, I miss that Punk, I miss feeling excited over the possibilities of where they were headed. It's a travesty that WWE once again dropped the ball, but that is what they do, after all. They rarely miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity.

Ah, well. At least Punk's at the top, even if he's not nearly as made/huge as he could/should have been with some decent writing behind the storyline from Summerslam onward.

·
Registered
6,187 Posts
They definitely fucked up huge by not having Triple H vs. CM Punk at Wrestlemania. Remember when some people thought Jericho was credible enough to elevate Punk? lol.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
They definitely fucked up huge by not having Triple H vs. CM Punk at Wrestlemania. Remember when some people thought Jericho was credible enough to elevate Punk? lol.
Interestingly, Pyro and I both fought the good fight throughout much of the winter, but to no avail, ha.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
Trips/Taker was always the plan. We just allowed ourselves to get carried away with what could have been in Trips/Punk. Now they have well and truly missed the boat. Having said that though, Trips/Taker was fucking phenomenal and I'm not too sure I would trade it for Trips/Punk at this stage after seeing how it all turned out tbh. In order for the latter to work, HHH had to turn heel. They clearly weren't/aren't ready for him to turn heel yet and it would have had quite the impact on WWE as a whole. There's no point in turning him heel and then he's gone half the time. It would be wasted and long term, I actually think it would have been the wrong move. The whole situation is just unfortunate. Punk deserved better than Nash but they very obviously didn't know what the fuck to do with him after MITB. Like I said, it's just unfortunate how it all turned out but on the bright side, Punk is in a position many thought he would never be in. I guess that's really all that matters in the end.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Remember when people actually argued that Trips wasn't here to bury and steal heat?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts