Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purely from an in-ring action perspective, I thought that last night's Raw was the best the WWE has offered in years, and probably the best show that they are capable of putting on at this point in time. Aside from a couple of noticeable botches, Bryan vs. Ambrose, Orton vs. Ziggler, and Rollins/Reigns vs. The Usos were all pretty damn good matches. I'm usually not one to ever give a shit about Divas matches (not because I'm sexist, but because they usually suck ass), but that tag match between the Bellas and AJ/Tamina was also quite good. Easily the best that I have ever seen the Bellas look in the ring. After such good in-ring action, it was actually pretty disappointing to have the show end with a promo segment (and this is coming from an unapologetic AE mark).

The only negative comment that I have about last night's show is that JBL's commentary makes me want to shoot myself in the fucking head. I actually had to mute my TV just so I could enjoy an awesome tag match. He used to be a funny heel commentator, but anymore he just comes off as an overbearing, bullying fuck who can't stand it if he's not completely dominating the conversation.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
The only negative comment that I have about last night's show is that JBL's commentary makes me want to shoot myself in the fucking head. I actually had to mute my TV just so I could enjoy an awesome tag match. He used to be a funny heel commentator, but anymore he just comes off as an overbearing, bullying fuck who can't stand it if he's not completely dominating the conversation.
His comment on Brodus Clay made me laugh at least.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Weird, 'cause I decided last night that I would probably take a break until the Royal Rumble build if the Survivor Series build coming up looks shitty. Show's been getting steadily more boring to me all year.

I guess the matches were all right, but it feels bland to me when there's no particular reason for the matches besides that their job is to be there and have matches.

·
A Genetic Jackhammer
1,028 Posts
I enjoyed last night Raw.

JBL commentary was fucking annoying though at points.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Weird, 'cause I decided last night that I would probably take a break until the Royal Rumble build if the Survivor Series build coming up looks shitty. Show's been getting steadily more boring to me all year.

I guess the matches were all right, but it feels bland to me when there's no particular reason for the matches besides that their job is to be there and have matches.
You make a fair point, because the writing hasn't been blowing me away either. I guess maybe when the creative side of things isn't so great, maybe it makes a good set of matches look that much better by comparison.

·
Buried SCOTT STEINER
6,532 Posts
Last night's episode isn't event the best of this year, but the show overall was pretty good.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Yeah it was a good show. Even the divas match was entertaining.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Strongly agree. Some great matches and nice feud builds.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts