Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No Randy Orton
No Rusev
No Dolph Ziggler
No Mojo Rawley
No Fashion Police
No Luke Harper
No Eric Rowan

Yet when you look at what they did last night, there was really little that they could have removed to get these guys on the show.

And with Orton and Rusev, you're talking about 2 main-event level wrestlers. You can't leave them off the program for long.

·
Registered
28,047 Posts
You can't fit everyone on the show every week. And sometimes it's good not to overexpose guys. And besides, Raw has a lot of talent they're showcasing right now and it really doesn't need anyone else.

So those are just some of the natural problems you have with a 2 hour show but if you can manage people the right way and keep them off TV every now and again, it shouldn't be an issue.

·
Actively avoiding Testicular Torsion
4,025 Posts
For Orton and Rusev (and beaten up Fashion Police), they just lost their matches at Battleground, at least believe in kayfabe that they're injured and need time off to recover. Luke Harper and Erick Rowan are self-explanatory, there's absolutely no need for them to be on the show, as for the majority last night was a 'wrapping up' shall I say, to Battleground. After all SDL is a 2 hour show, they aren't RAW and there is no need for them to feature everybody just to fill up their allocated time. Look at RAW, same matches every week, fans calling feuds boring because they keep seeing the Miztourage and Seth/Ambrose matches.

Last but not least, I don't care and am fine with them gone:
No Dolph Ziggler
No Mojo Rawley

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
When it comes to Smackdown, trying to get as many people on the show at once is a mistake. It hurts the quality of the show. I know they do it so most of them get a pay day. It's better to cycle out the main eventers, mid carders, women and tag teams so it's a bigger deal when the stars are on.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
But there's people who want the brand split to end because there's NOT enough talent?? Lol, yeah and taking away talking smack doesn't help the situation out either.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Same thing is happening on Raw at this point. They just have enough time to run a package or a quick segment in the absence of having a match. For instance, no one involved in the Raw main event at Summer Slam actually had a match on Monday. If you're running into those issues on a 3 hour show, its only right that they show themselves on the show with even less time allocated.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I remember being a kid during the Hogan era and we didn't get "new" Hogan footage every week. You would get a replay of what happened on Main Event with a Hogan angle and that sort of thing. It made him even more of an attraction, he wasn't over accessible and you knew he was THE main event guy. I liked that style of booking and presentation, we don't have that anymore and everyone gets overexposed. Smackdown was good this week because everyone wasn't crammed on tv just for the hell of it.

·
Superintendent of the Sacred Coffeechamber
2,671 Posts
With the current roster, either this happens or everyone gets on the show and it ends up dragging and looking weak. They can't make a two-and-a-half-hour show, it's either 2-hour or 3-hour.

Though judging from the company's recent financial situation, I would suggest some of the rarely used guys are getting cut sooner than later. Actually that should solve the problem.

·
WF's resident Big Dog
8,098 Posts
It's too congested with midcarders, can't fit them all

·
Banned
9,176 Posts
No, it shows how utterly useless the guys you mention really are. Rowan and Harper should stay with Bray or, more intriguing, Strowman, Rusev should replace Corbin by all means, the rest can fuck off right now.

Mojo Rawley? For real? He's one step below Tamina.

Reactions: DoctorWhosawhatsit

·
Banned
724 Posts
Like others have said already, Why TF does everyone need to be on the damn show every week? Leaving guys off from time to time is the smart way to go.

Reactions: Ace

·
Banned
15,464 Posts
It's good to keep people off TV, but yes, there roster is probably too big. Keep in mind that the Attitude era really only had a handful of people that moved any sort of needle. In 1998 it was Austin with Taker and Kane as his supporting players. Mankind too. Rock then rose up for 1999, but you really didn't have eighteen guys who had all been WWF Champion running around. You could probably cut a lot of meat, even around the top, and actually create a more exciting product.

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
I remember being a kid during the Hogan era and we didn't get "new" Hogan footage every week. You would get a replay of what happened on Main Event with a Hogan angle and that sort of thing. It made him even more of an attraction, he wasn't over accessible and you knew he was THE main event guy. I liked that style of booking and presentation, we don't have that anymore and everyone gets overexposed. Smackdown was good this week because everyone wasn't crammed on tv just for the hell of it.
Actually, we do have it, he's called Brock Lesnar, and everyone shits on it. It doesn't work in this day and age.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts