Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night during Raw They ran a promo video of Punk winning the Money in the Bank Briefcase, for the second time. The video featured Jeff Hardy, heavily. All be it, it was him getting squashed as Punk cashed in on him at Extreme Rules. For ages The WWE have tried so hard not to even mention anybody who has gone to TNA.

1. they banned the chop. Therefore banning the fans "wooooo" ad any mention of Ric Flair.

2. The video at HBK's retirment only included angles of his match with Flair at Mania, where you couldn't see Flair himself.

3. They keep saying Edge has won the MITB twice, where as he's won it once. Kennedy won the other, and he won the case off of him when Kennedy "got injured"

4. Hulk Hogan is just doesn't exist in the WWE anymore. Even down to the opening video he's gone (and flair)

5. Team 3d,Kurt Angle, Kevin Nash, RVD, Foley all important parts of WWE history. But not even mentioned anymore.

And then last night they just went and had a 3 minute (roughly) video featuring Hardy. The question is, or the point im trying to make. Did Hardy leave on good enough terms with the WWE to actually come back one day?

·
I GOT ALOT LEFT IN THE TANK
4,541 Posts
WWE would gladly take Hardy back. He was a merchandise machine often rivaling John Cena. Vince likes to hold grudges but he's intelligent and wouldn't turn that down. Hell WWE was rumored to be offering Jeff Hardy an amazing contract just so he could stay. Something like a lengthy title reigns, extra days off and a pay increase.

·
Banned
2,954 Posts
I know, what the fuck? They remove JR's voice for something as stupid as appearing at UFC, but they show and say Jeff Hardy's name many times. What the hell are they trying to do?

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Last night during Raw They ran a promo video of Punk winning the Money in the Bank Briefcase, for the second time. The video featured Jeff Hardy, heavily. All be it, it was him getting squashed as Punk cashed in on him at Extreme Rules. For ages The WWE have tried so hard not to even mention anybody who has gone to TNA.

1. they banned the chop. Therefore banning the fans "wooooo" ad any mention of Ric Flair.

2. The video at HBK's retirment only included angles of his match with Flair at Mania, where you couldn't see Flair himself.

3. They keep saying Edge has won the MITB twice, where as he's won it once. Kennedy won the other, and he won the case off of him when Kennedy "got injured"

4. Hulk Hogan is just doesn't exist in the WWE anymore. Even down to the opening video he's gone (and flair)

5. Team 3d,Kurt Angle, Kevin Nash, RVD, Foley all important parts of WWE history. But not even mentioned anymore.

And then last night they just went and had a 3 minute (roughly) video featuring Hardy. The question is, or the point im trying to make. Did Hardy leave on good enough terms with the WWE to actually come back one day?
All those guys are nobodys. Hardy was and probably is hugely well-known and popular (sadly) so why not use his popularity by building MITB and CM Punk? After all, it's not like TNA is direct competition (though I'll admit it was strange)...

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All those guys are nobodys. Hardy was and probably is hugely well-known and popular (sadly) so why not use his popularity by building MITB and CM Punk? After all, it's not like TNA is direct competition (though I'll admit it was strange)...
Seriously!?! Did you just call Kurt Angle and Ric Flair nobodies? 2 of the greatest superstars the WWE has ever had?!?!

I just found it really strange how they go out of their way not to mention everybody who's been invovled with TNA and then use Hardy as much as they did.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Seriously!?! Did you just call Kurt Angle and Ric Flair nobodies? 2 of the greatest superstars the WWE has ever had?!?!

I just found it really strange how they go out of their way not to mention everybody who's been invovled with TNA and then use Hardy as much as they did.
Today they can't draw shit, therefore they are nobodies...

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I still think Angle could, out of everybody who has made the jump (except maybe Hardy) i think most people would welcome him back.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Today they can't draw shit, therefore they are nobodies...
They don't draw, because they are in a company that is unable to draw a single dime. Angle, Flair, Foley etc are lightyears ahead of Hardy when it comes to achievements and status within the business. They are far from "nobodys".

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
I still think Angle could, out of everybody who has made the jump (except maybe Hardy) i think most people would welcome him back.
Yes they would, but its been nearly four years or so since he's been in a well-known wrestling show, and I doubt he'd come back as a main eventer (once you jump Vince and come back, nothing's the same) but someone as talented as Angle is always wellcomed in a wrestling company. This said, I still believe he draws shit nowadays.

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts
Its not about Hardy its really about the MITB and its cash in opportunities. They heavily highlighted how hurt Hardy was and that Punk is taking advantages on him.

Being a heel now, I saw it more about putting over how opportunistic Punk was rather about Hardy.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
They don't draw, because they are in a company that is unable to draw a single dime. Angle, Flair, Foley etc are lightyears ahead of Hardy when it comes to achievements and status within the business. They are far from "nobodys".
fpalm you all fail to realise that when I mean nobodies I mean nobodies for the mainsteam audience that WWE targets. Ask those who buy the merchandise and ask their daddies to bring them to the shows who are Angle or Foley. In Vince's eyes, in WWE's eyes, they are nobodies. We know them and appreciate them, but those who matter for Vince don't.

·
Excellent. The bar is so low we can step over it.
1,115 Posts
To be fair, showing video evidence that your wrestler can completely destroy their wrestler? Not a bad thing.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
It surprised me, not because he's in TNA but because of his legal status. Admittedly I'm not paying much attention but as far as I know he's not been cleared so it seems unusual to feature him in the circumstances.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It surprised me, not because he's in TNA but because of his legal status. Admittedly I'm not paying much attention but as far as I know he's not been cleared so it seems unusual to feature him in the circumstances.
I hadn't thought about that tbh. But with Linda's campaign going on, even more surprised they showed Jeff.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts