Wrestling Forum banner

81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
Re: WWE fines Lars Sullivan over comments

How much fucking money is this guy making where he could get fined 100 gs and still afford to live? This guy just joined the main roster.
I'm going to assume that they take a percentage of out his pay packet until the fine is paid.

Can't see them demanding 100k from him in one payment. As you say, he's only just been moved to the MR

EDIT - After reading through the first few pages of the thread I can see that someone already said this and you responded to them. Please don't feel you have to reply to this also.

·
Registered
953 Posts

Well if we go by the rumors that he had an anxiety attack and wasn't able to face Cena at Wrestlemania because of it, I think it was a good wake up call that anxiety isn't a joke. He seems like the big insecure bully who had a major life lesson right there from that. But then of course, SJW's never think that's enough and won't be satisfied until he's decapitated.

It amazes me how there exists such a second chance culture for people who have actually committed terrible crimes and yet that same culture doesn't want to give a second chance to people who have once said ignorant things that became public. It's backwards af.

and how the culture has NEVER called out jimmy kimmell for doing his whole fucking blackface shucking and jiving routine many years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aPbefau2Zc

lemme guess, his blackface is ok but meghan kelly saying it could be ok in some instances got one fired but the other nothing because "reasons" right? yall always go on about white privilege but then forget conveniently that there is one religion WAY over represented among the top 1% and ill give ya a hint it aint jehovas witnesses! but i digress....

·
Premium Member
595 Posts

and how the culture has NEVER called out jimmy kimmell for doing his whole fucking blackface shucking and jiving routine many years ago
The link you provided wasn't blackface.

but then forget conveniently that there is one religion WAY over represented among the top 1% and ill give ya a hint it aint jehovas witnesses! but i digress....
Christians?

·
Registered
953 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
Is it just me or is this fining of Lars Sullivan stupid beyond any limits so far as for what a company can do... WWE is celarly crossing the line.

First of, I am not defending Sullivan, I don't even know what he wrote or said.

But he was not even in the company when he said those things, and he is getting fined for it. WFT? So if he later joins AEW they can also fine him 100k and he later joins TNA and they too fine him 100k...

The power of large corporations and the effect they can have on people truly frightens me.

WWE should have no right in doing this. It is outrageous. So they can fine anyone for anything they find inaprorpiate... Say that Ron Simmons said something racist in 1989 when he was young, does WWE have the right to fine him too? WWE have the wrestlers by their balls, they can fine anyone, and if they refuse to pay the fine, the WWE can simply just not pay any more, or just take it straight out of their pocket.

If WWE want to distance themselves from this, fire Sullivan. That I can, to a certain extent, understand. But again the guy apaprently did something stupid 16 years ago, why not accept people chance and be forgiving, give the guy a chance to prove he has changed. But fine him... NFW.

As pointed out in this tread. People say stupid shit all the time, no matter what color, race or gender you are, especially when you are young. Who can honestly here say they never said or did anything stupid when they were younger? Not one single normal person. Anyone else claiming other is a liar and/or a hypocrite.

I am sure that as much racial stuff a white person can say about a black person or a homosexual, a black person can say about a muslim, white or a homosexual as well. But today with the double standard in society, it is more bad to say racist stuff about a black than it is vice versa.

A public apology by Sullivan would be expected. People mature, people change. What he said 16 years ago is irrellevant for me today no matter the color, race or gender as long as they have decent manners today.

Almost everyone should be given a second chance. If prisoners can get it, why the hell does people have problem with a guy who said something stupid 16 years ago. Talk about being narrow minded living in their little bubble...

·
Registered
713 Posts
I wouldn't punish someone for something he said or wrote 10 years ago. It wasn't even a crime.

That said, as a private contractor Lars Sullivan is at the mercy of the whims of Vince McMahon. Right or wrong, that's just how it goes.

I'll be very surprised if Lars becomes a big star in this industry. I just don't see anything great about him. But we'll see.

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
Batista got this EXACT punishment for juice. So I guess they're the exact same infraction basically.
FFS, you are comparing apples with bananas.

Batista broke a WWE policy WHILE working for WWE. Sullivan apparently made "racist" rants several years BEFORE he started for WWE.

·
Space Cadet
391 Posts
To be honest, I just really don't like the guy. Not just because of what he has said, but as a wrestler and as a character he's super bland. And if he lasts long enough, he'll be turned into a joke character like most other tall/brute guys in the company have. :mjchar

·
Likes wrestling....
7,990 Posts
what is in the past should stay in the past.....

they fine him okay.

has he matured? if he has? Then let's all move on and not judge him on his words but because of the in ring entertainment value.

If you do not like the gimmick than that is a different animal.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
His views were racist and creepy from some of the old posts I have seen and this isn't the first time WWE has been made aware of those posts since they knew several months ago. WWE likely knew he made those comments years ago so I am not buying this new revelation.

Maybe his views have changed, I hope. Too late to fire him now knowing he shouldn't have ever been hired in the first place, but half the time these "former racists" claim they don't espouse those views anymore only to make new racial comments so on the one hand I am optimistic he has changed his views, but on the other not so much. The fine whether fake or real is actually a signal that if he does it again he will be suspended and fined or even fired, it's just weird they made a p.r release out of it.

·
Ilya Smirnov ate my puppy.
4,920 Posts
Word is he sought out Tetanus, I mean Titus O'Neil and others on the roster to apologize and legit try to mend fences. If he was indeed sincere about it and not just forced to by HR or whoever, it would indicate some degree of maturity. People do change. And many times in their youth they just don't realize how hurtful things they say can be.

People around here are so quick to rush to judgment, like none of them have ever done anything in their past that they'd maybe like to take back or do over. Some of y'all should do some reflecting on shit like that before running to put somebody else's head on the chopping block.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
2,973 Posts
How much fucking money is this guy making where he could get fined 100 gs and still afford to live? This guy just joined the main roster.
I can imagine they substract it from his future salaries. I doubt he already made that much money in WWE.
In my opinion the training is more important.

What I seriously don't understand is why these Lars Sullivan comments are popping up a second time.

Right before Wrestlemania we were hearing about all the stuff he was saying in the Body Building forum 12 years ago, then it kind of cooled off. Now all of a sudden it's reemerging again with the same exact comments that were reported months ago, like we all forgot that it was reported already? Like, why?
Some people just really hate Lars Sullivan, like he slept with their girlfriend or something.
Ask Big E. ;)
It totally makes no sense, because they all knowed that for sure before. Then he should started a training already before he came to the main roster.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Ill just post this here

Titus O’Neil: “I know we were not on this subject, but with Lars Sullivan. He made some comments that were oppressive and offensive to several demographics of people. Lars sought me out and he sought out other people. I saw with Lars for 35 minutes in talent relations. I saw a man who had clearly made mistakes in his choice of words and his mindset, years before he became my coworker. People automatically call for him to be fired and ostracized, my thing is that people change. If that’s who he really is, then he has no place in any profession, wrestling or otherwise. He doesn’t deserve to live a life of luxury or grace if he chooses to be that person. But I looked at a person who was very humbled and apologetic and very misguided.

Not to say that there’s ever an excuse, but until you know someone personally, you can’t take things personally. I believe in my heart that the situation with Lars will be a teachable moment for everybody, and I’m willing to put my name on this situation just going by my gut and my heart simply because of how he came to me as a man. As a man, to sit down with another man, you have my utmost respect. He could have easily evaded me and easily let the company deal with it. He chose to go a different route. I am hoping that my gut is right, and I’ll do my best to help him learn from the whole situation.

When it comes to people making bad judgment calls, not one person on this Earth is perfect, including me. I’m not a perfect dad, I’m not the perfect human being. Everybody deserves an opportunity. If that’s not who he is now, give him the opportunity to show that.”

81 - 99 of 99 Posts