Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Banned
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wrestling legend Larry Zbyszko recently spoke with Steve and Scum of WGD Weekly. Highlights -

The financial state of TNA: “…They just made wrong decisions…from what I hear, Bob Carter…he had a hard time saying no to his daughter, Dixie…Finally, they blew so much money with no real results after ten years that Bob resigned and I think the mother took over and she is controlling the purse…From what I hear…this guy is now fired, this guy is now fired and if you wanna stay there you get a pay cut. Half the guys wrestling there are on food stamps. I was shocked when I heard that one…”

Where TNA has gone wrong creatively: “…If you look at TNA today, I mean like ten years ago they had some great matches, AJ Styles vs. Chris Daniels, now ten years later, like six or seven months ago, I’m flicking through the TV and I stumble across TNA…and what’s the main event? AJ Styles vs. Chris Daniels, they’ve been wrestling each other for ten years. I couldn’t believe it…don’t these people understand…”

Eric Bischoff in TNA: “….Eric, who listened to a couple guys, pulled something off, then took credit for it, but everything he’s been involved in since sinks because he doesn’t know and won’t listen…”

Sting being “lucky”: “…Sting who was one of the luckiest men who ever lived, Sting couldn’t do a good interview, he couldn’t work good. We had to drop him from the ceiling for a year and dress him like the crow and not let him say a word to get one big match out of him…”

·
Registered
35 Posts
My main problem with TNA's main events; Bully Ray being the Heavyweight Champion, Bully Ray being in the main event, and Bully Ray being in the spotlight.
Everything he said, I have to agree with. I've been a fan of TNA ever since I found it in 2004, but the main-carders aren't worth watching.

·
The Man
25,722 Posts
I love the part about Aj wrestling Daniels 10 years ago and watching months ago and seeing the same match again :lol not sure I agree with the whole Sting thing because all ive seen is decent to good mic work from him unless he was terrible when he first started.

·
Banned
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He's right about Sting in wCw. He had a unique character that clicked with fans but pretty much sucked in everything else. However he's done well in TNA, even though he's ridiculously over-pushed beyond his worth.

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
Thank you Larry Zbyszko ,they need a roster cut some people been there 6, 9, 10, 11 years must go so new players can come in..

·
Registered
4,261 Posts

Reactions: syxxpac

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,321 Posts
I can understand what he meant about Sting's wrestling ability. All of Sting's great matches were against guys who were good workers and were able to carry him. Ric Flair and Vader for example. I once remember Sean Waltman doing an interview where he said Ric Flair always told Sting and Lex Luger what to do in his matches with them and that he never explained anything to them, so they never really learned how to work.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
who? Larry? oh yeah that announcer WCW had.

again a guy who appears to not know how professional wrestling works. dropping Sting from the rafters for a year was a great storyline. he didn't need to wrestle or talk, but people loved what Sting was doing at the time.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts

again a guy who appears to not know how professional wrestling works. dropping Sting from the rafters for a year was a great storyline. he didn't need to wrestle or talk, but people loved what Sting was doing at the time.
Larry was a wrestler. He was in one of the best war games matches off all time (Stinger Squadron vs. Dangerous Alliance).

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I wouldn't say "buried". More like "bitched about" TNA.

Not the best arguments in my opinion.

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,085 Posts
Larry is a legend, one of the GOAT heels.

Mad respect for him.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
how well known was Zbysko on TV? only time I remember him wrestling was against Scott Hall. sounds like he's one of these old school wrestlers from a time when wrestling was all about wrestling and not entertainment. times change. the same as some old man who complains about how when he was a kid bubblegum was a nickle.

·
Banned
11,718 Posts

Yeah a guy who has been involved in wrestling for like 40 years (ranging from wrestling, commentary, etc) has no idea how professional wrestling works. :ti

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
how well known was Zbysko on TV? only time I remember him wrestling was against Scott Hall. sounds like he's one of these old school wrestlers from a time when wrestling was all about wrestling and not entertainment. times change. the same as some old man who complains about how when he was a kid bubblegum was a nickle.
Wrestling was always about entertainment. They cut promos in the 60s and 70s.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Larry's comment about Sting shows he doesn't know enough. that was part of the storyline that made it so big! this dropping from the ceiling and being the rafters and not talking, that was a major part of the Sting storyline. that's what made it epic. so to criticize that is just stupid.

whatever promos they did before the early 80's were different. I think wrestling changed with the start of Wrestlemania, and especially once wrestling started appearing on TV more often.

·
Banned
4,096 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Wrestling legend Larry Zbyszko recently spoke with Steve and Scum of WGD Weekly. Highlights -

I would like to know a few things. One does he actually watch the product. Because once in a while flipping it on doesn't make me too confident in his opinion. I mean he doesn't have to watch every week but once every few months does not count. Two how much inside does he really have on the behind the scenes. Some of the stuff he is saying sounds like some "I heard from another guy who heard from another guy" stuff. Does he actually have inside info. Things like TNA wrestlers live on food stamps goes against basically everything the actual past and current Wrestlers have said.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Never really liked Zbyszko, but he has some good points. His comment about AJ/Daniels still doing the same thing after 10 years is my main beef with TNA's roster. Pretty much every guy on the roster has already faced everyone multiple times. They need some new talent in the top to keep things fresh. I know they are working on it, and thats something that takes time, but they should have started building up new talents 4 years ago.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.