Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
8,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hes taking advice from Becky's girlfriend?, pathetic promo the chihuahua joke was really embarrassing, maybe Vince and HHH plan its to make everyone bad at promos so the workrate of their golden boys becomes the only bearable aspect of WWE.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
It was pretty embarrassing to see him saying those lines and then laughing like it was actually funny. It's a shame because the guy has talent and has looked like a badass before. The constable gimmick really hurt him and made him look like a goof, but then he moved away from that and it started to look like he was coming around only to end up here. Seeing him stand there wearing his crown and his dirty dog fur cape it's no better than what they make Chad Gable wear.

·
Registered
16,454 Posts
another horrible promo, and I don;t even blame Corbin here this had Vince's name all over it, right up there with the suffering succotash shit. To be fair the whole show had a Vine vibe to it. The fact that AEW is up against NXT and not this pile of crap is insulting to NxT. Because if I had a choice to watch this shit and AEW i'd watch AEW easily.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
The funny part to me is how fans still insist he's good at promos because he can make the audience react. The fans really want him to do well and make all sorts of excuses for him but he's incredibly boring and nothing greater than a "serviceable heel".

·
Registered
327 Posts
Just like every promo in WWE. I'm sure if I was 10 years old and never seen wrestling before I would have loved it.

·
Roy "Gambit" Mustang
10,366 Posts
^ I doubt Corbin is the reason the ratings went up. Same as he isn't the reason if they go down

On topic, I doubt Corbin wrote the script so don't think blaming him for the shit material is fair.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,763 Posts
Did viewership increase with a show based around him or didnt it? Im not making it up. The numbers are there. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it less true.
You really think people want to see Corbin? You really think he's making any kind of difference? Is that really what you're telling yourself? LOL come on man I know you're a fan but if you're not gimmick posting then you need to wake up.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
10,597 Posts
Imagine implying that Baron Corbin is a draw :mj4

Anyway, that opening promo he cut last night was fucking shit.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Wasn't Corbin in a storyline involving Roman Reigns that night? The cancer survivor used to be the face of the company for 5 years baby face hero?

Nah. The Burger King mascot badly delivering bad Vince promos is what's drawing peoples attention.

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,700 Posts
Baron Corbin isn't anything special and the idea of crediting him with a ratings jump is preposterous, but goddamn...Laurence Olivier himself couldn't have made that script work. Is WWE intentionally trying to make the performers sound like goofy imbeciles? Goddamn.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Baron Corbin isn't anything special and the idea of crediting him with a ratings jump is preposterous, but goddamn...Laurence Olivier himself couldn't have made that script work. Is WWE intentionally trying to make the performers sound like goofy imbeciles? Goddamn.
I'm going to pretend you learned who Lawrence Olivier was from me, whether that's true or not.

(Cries a single proud tear)

1 - 20 of 52 Posts