Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
31,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Its out today, do yourself a favor and buy it. Lara Croft is back and better than ever! It currently has an 88.67% score on Gamerankings. If you're still not sold, here's a little blurb from the IGN review:

"It doesn't have the words "tomb" or "raider" in the title, but Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is the best Tomb Raider game in a long time. This is a very different adventure for Lara. She's still spelunking for treasure, but Guardian of Light finds her playing cooperatively with a partner, introduces fun new arcade features, and gives players a new perspective on the iconic British action heroine. The result: you're going to fall in love with Lara all over again."

The ONLY problem with the game right now is that online co-op does not launch until the PS3 game launches next month...but Square Enix has a solution:

"...We will be offering the first DLC pack for free for the first 30 days, exclusively on the Xbox 360," Crystal Dynamics general manager Darrell Gallagher said in a press release, "so that gamers can get a taste of some of the exciting extras we have in store." This DLC pack is the first of five. Square Enix didn't announce a release date for the DLC, but it wouldn't be much of a conciliatory measure if it didn't arrive before the September 28 release of the online patch."

·
31,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Am I seriously the only one who cares about this game? Its fucking fantastic so far. The gameplay is phenomenal. Easily the best Tomb Raider game I've ever played since the first.

·
Premium Member
10,169 Posts
Good shout to include the pic of Karima Adebibe. :p

How long's this game? I mean if a retail disc can be only 8 hours long, I dread to think what this could be..

·
31,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I've heard 8-10 hours if you plow through the game without going for unlockables or challenges. So maybe up to 15 hours upon replay. The first time I played the first level, took me somewhere 30+ minutes to beat it...I've since replayed it over 5 times with an average run through of about 10 minutes, with 4 run throughs trying to get the "Beat it in under 6 minutes" unlockable. So overall....100 minutes total (1 hour and 40 minutes) and the game has a total of 14 levels.

Whether the game takes me 5 or 15 hours, I know I'll be replaying the game a lot. Its so much fun.

·
BULK SEASON
4,427 Posts
Just finished the demo and the only problem I had with it was I didn't have anyone to play co-op at the time but this is really well done. For an arcade game, I'd say this is definitely a buy.

First demo I played in awhile that got me mad because it ended too quick.

·
31,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've spent maybe 10 hours playing it already and I still have 4-5 levels before the end. Instead of going on to the next level, I keep replaying all the older levels for speed runs, rewards, and powerups. I love this game.

·
Registered
205 Posts
PS users should of had first dibs considering tombraider became popular on the playstation. Damn Eidous not knowing their roots

·
Shut your mouth and rest in peace!
1,288 Posts
Played the demo and thought it was great! A really different approach to the Tomb Raider series, and very well done.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts