Wrestling Forum banner

Do you agree with Lance Storm?

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
In short, booking Wardlow vs Punk was bad. People already cared about Wardlow, not sure who this match was supposed to push and yeah people will say that it's to show the cracks in Wardlow and MJF's relationship but, that also is done way too soon for me. Give MJF the title and tease Wardlow's face turn afterwards. Like MJF defending against Wardlow after he manage to keep the belt thanks to Mr. Mayhem and something happens and the clash or something.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
Storm's opinion seems the exact opposite of some of the people here, who didn't like it because they thought it buried Wardlow, not Punk.

Weird how we can all interpret the same thing in different ways
It buried both and I think that's what he's saying.

It wasn't a huge demage for Wardlow as it was for Punk.. Punk looked so inferior to Wardlow in that match, that I'm pretty certain his current stock as a star will take a big hit.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Setting up a stupid angle with MJF and Wardlow is not of importance. Making Wardlow a star is what the writer is supposed to be doing.

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
On one hand he’s right that it made Wardlow/MJF into the feud people want to see

But is that a bad thing? As others have mentioned,Punk is already a made guy. MJF is a made guy. Wardlow is the guy needing to attain to their level, and I think the way they had Wardlow destroy him was perfect.

My only issue is the finish. A guy taking 8 power bombs should be dead. You shouldn’t have Punk no sell that. Instead, if you want Punk to still win after taking all that punishment, he should have won by using his own cheating thru a weapon or something. Have Wardlow kayfabe sell legit being injured due to a cheap shot from Punk. That would further help Wardlow establish face credibility, and he’d still be rightfully upset at MJF for not only costing him the match but also getting hurt in the process. This would allow Wardlow to take a few weeks off while Punk/MJF stay heated.

I do think TK’s storylines are repetitive in that MJF having Punk go thru Wardlow/Spears before him is exactly what he did with the Labors Of Jericho. Also BD going thru the dark order before getting to Page also similar

·
Registered
13,775 Posts
In short, booking Wardlow vs Punk was bad. People already cared about Wardlow, not sure who this match was supposed to push and yeah people will say that it's to show the cracks in Wardlow and MJF's relationship but, that also is done way too soon for me. Give MJF the title and tease Wardlow's face turn afterwards. Like MJF defending against Wardlow after he manage to keep the belt thanks to Mr. Mayhem and something happens and the clash or something.

Its just another guy for punk and another booking to protect him. Nothing more. Ya war has already been pushed for a while in the pinnacle story where hes sorta the outcast and clearly will break free soon enough.

·
Registered
13,775 Posts
It buried both and I think that's what he's saying.

It wasn't a huge demage for Wardlow as it was for Punk.. Punk looked so inferior to Wardlow in that match, that I'm pretty certain his current stock as a star will take a big hit.

Just to protected and book punk like hes this magical amazing dude that has been gone forever and is slowly proving hes something above by piling through the rankings. Yet this is basically everyone else generic storyline but they dont get protected with every last booking. Cody ring a bell ? lol

·
Registered
9,821 Posts
I agree I certainly left the match caring more about Wardlow than Punk. Have no problem with that as Wardlow looked like a million bucks. Punk's probably sniffed the money in that for them and was good enough to take the ass kicking. They need to take their time with the eventual Wardlow full face turn and showdown with MJF. If they slow burn it as much as they can people will pay to watch the final showdown.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I agree I certainly left the match caring more about Wardlow than Punk. Have no problem with that as Wardlow looked like a million bucks. Punk's probably sniffed the money in that for them and was good enough to take the ass kicking. They need to take their time with the eventual Wardlow full face turn and showdown with MJF. If they slow burn it as much as they can people will pay to watch the final showdown.
Wardlow will be forced to fight Spears and then maybe a handicap match against FTR then finally he can fight MJF and Wardlow’s true nemesis - the HUGE ASS AEW STEEL CAGE!

If Wardlow then has to fight them all again on HARDCORE mode. Should this happen we know that MJF and TK just played video games all night instead of coming up with a good storyline.

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Punk made MJF look like an inept buffoon again.

MJF hasn't got one over Punk at all in this feud. While the old guy continues to never ever lose. Again its something that in the WWE it would be shat on by most, but because its AEW people love seeing old guys destroy the new guys.
They haven't even touched, if this was in WWE Punk would have already beat MJF four times leading into the PPV.

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
36,900 Posts
I agree that the segment was damaging to both guys, but not for the same reasons. No one came out of this looking good. Wardlow bored the crowd to death with 12 redundant powerbombs just to lose anyway, and Punk used plot armor to keep his streak instead of doing something entertaining. It was a garbage match.

·
Registered
13,775 Posts
I agree that the segment was damaging to both guys, but not for the same reasons. No one came out of this looking good. Wardlow bored the crowd to death with 12 redundant powerbombs just to lose anyway, and Punk used plot armor to keep his streak instead of doing something entertaining. It was a garbage match.

oh yes Tony khans revolutionary storyline for everyone, Fake rankings streak.

·
Registered
8,940 Posts
I hated that they had it be a rollup, but they saved Punk's undefeated streak (so that MJF can break it) while making Wardlow look like a monster for most of the match and further setting up the coming break with MJF so I'm willing to let it slide. It happened for important reasons.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts