Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I was hoping to write a bigger article about the TNA: ECW Themed PPV, because I am getting bombarded with questions, but I've got a very busy schedule for the next week, so I'll just address this here and now.

I was asked if I would be interested in taking part in the TNA: One Last Stand PPV. I think it was big of them to extend me the offer, considering my general opinion of the TNA product, and want to I thank them for that, but I will not be taking part.

I feel it would be hypocritical of me to work the show, considering my out outspoken views of the TNA product. I have a great deal of respect for the boys who will be working the show as well as the great workers on the TNA roster, but I have no desire to be a part of the TNA creative process. As for ECW, One Night Stand in 2005 was my farewell and am content in letting sleeping dogs lie.

Lance Storm
http://www.stormwrestling.com/news.html

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
How is this him having an ego? He's been vocal about disliking TNA's booking, so it makes sense for him to then not be a part of this. Not to mention he probably feels the first One Night Stand was the real farewell to ECW, not this random PPV.

·
Registered
784 Posts
An ego? How do you justify that?

He says he didn't want to do it, despite being asked, because he didn't want to be a hypocrite or to be part of TNA's creative process. He also made a point of thanking them for the offering and didn't go off on an attack on the whole TNA-ECW situation.

Now, cue the "Well we didn't want your boring ass, Lance!" people.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Lance has been critical of the TNA creative process over time. For the most part there, he's right.

Letting sleeping dogs lie isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's advice TNA should have heeded rather than many of the counter productive steps they have taken.

·
3,055 Posts
http://www.ringsideforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10&p=10#p10

I really like Lance Storm, but it seems as if he has an ego...
I don't think Lance Storm has an ego, He's just very opnionated when it comes to the current creative side of the business, his opinions are very logical and often very harsh. Most of these opinions in my mind are correct, where as one or two seem fairly harsh at times. I do feel though his critiques are often only based on the negative side of the wrestling product, and rarely takes positives into account.

That said, I applaud his decision not to work the show.

Him working the show would, for me, mean he's a huge hypocrite, and only doing it for a pay day. Especially after all he has said.

Would I liked to have seen him wrestle on the PPV? Hell yes, he's always been a crisp, clean, fluid wrestler with great technique, massively under-rated and often misjudged as being boring. But that doesn't mean he should work it, if he did I'd probably lose some respect for him for doing so.

So overall, Egotistical? no. Opinionated and honest? yes, very!

·
Registered
932 Posts
good on him.

·
The man with the plan
2,676 Posts
No surprise, but I would have loved to of seen Lance Storm on mainstream television again. But good on Lance for sticking to his beliefs and not selling out.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Unfortunately I know Storm, guy is pretty egotistical.

Best part is the fact he has a WWE/ECW/WCW blockbuster in his house and 90% of the tapes include him, he's usually jobbing of course. Not to mention Lance and his wife drive matching black tinted window SUV's. Only wankers do that.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
He has an ego for refusing to take part, but if he did he'd be the biggest fucking hypocrite in the World for working for TNA after all he has said about their product.

The guy obviously can't win here :rolleyes:...

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Nah he just has a ego period, made millions as a pro-wrestler. You'd probably have a ego as well, Storm always goes on about he saved his money and now's got more money then Flair.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Are you fucking kidding me dude? What do I have no clue about? Storm went on a hour rant to me and a couple others one time about how he stayed in the cheapest hotels and used the cheapest rental cars his whole career and now he's well-off because of the sacrifices he made.

On the other hand Flair spent money faster then he was making it. That's why Storm has a mansion in Calgary, a cabin in Kelowna and a huge industrial building for his teachings. Flair going to be wrestling for another 5 years trying to get out of debt.

You're just mad I made fun of Jeri Curl there in your avatar. :lmao

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
Are you fucking kidding me dude? What do I have no clue about? Storm went on a hour rant to me and a couple others one time about how he stayed in the cheapest hotels and used the cheapest rental cars his whole career and now he's well-off because of the sacrifices he made.

On the other hand Flair spent money faster then he was making it. That's why Storm has a mansion in Calgary, a cabin in Kelowna and a huge industrial building for his teachings. Flair going to be wrestling for another 5 years trying to get out of debt.

That's him being smart though and telling you guys to also save money. He might have an ego but not because of this. Refusing to work at TNA's weak attempt at another One Night Stand is smart.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,966 Posts

Lance storm was smart, Flair let his ego get to him which has put him in his current position. Jeri curl? childish much?

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
He has an ego for refusing to take part, but if he did he'd be the biggest fucking hypocrite in the World for working for TNA after all he has said about their product.

The guy obviously can't win here :rolleyes:...
Exactly, he's said his goodbyes to ECW at ONS '05 and wants to leave it there. At the same time he's basically retired from main-stream wrestling and probably isn't capable of performing at the level required right now.

So what? Are you seriously critisising Lance for being sensible, looking after his money and being capable of giving back to the industry by training the next generation of wrestlers rather than wrestling on tv and ppv long past his prime?

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
That's him being smart though and telling you guys to also save money. He might have an ego but not because of this. Refusing to work at TNA's weak attempt at another One Night Stand is smart.
Ya he's a pretty smart guy, doesn't change the fact he thinks he's Bret Hart in his own mind.

One thing about him though is be kept up in very good shape, he actually put on muscle. So I'm sure he would put on a good match no doubt, but fuck it. Hes part of Mr.McMahons kiss my ass club in real life.

So what? Are you seriously critisising Lance for being sensible, looking after his money and being capable of giving back to the industry by training the next generation of wrestlers rather than wrestling on tv and ppv long past his prime?
If I was criticizing I wouldn't be bringing up his good qualities. :confused:

The TS mentioned the fact he seems to have a ego, I was just re-assuring that he does. Doesn't mean he's a total POS or anything.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,966 Posts
Ya he's a pretty smart guy, doesn't change the fact he thinks he's Bret Hart in his own mind.

One thing about him though is be kept up in very good shape, he actually put on muscle. So I'm sure he would put on a good match no doubt, but fuck it. Hes part of Mr.McMahons kiss my ass club in real life.

If I was criticizing I wouldn't be bringing up his good qualities. :confused:

The TS mentioned the fact he seems to have a ego, I was just re-assuring that he does. Doesn't mean he's a total POS or anything.
Unfortunately I know Storm, guy is pretty egotistical.

Best part is the fact he has a WWE/ECW/WCW blockbuster in his house and 90% of the tapes include him, he's usually jobbing of course. Not to mention Lance and his wife drive matching black tinted window SUV's. Only wankers do that.
That is you criticizing him in the first page, no?

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
That is you criticizing him in the first page, no?
He didn't quote my original post, he quoted my "storm saving money".

I just think it's ironic Storm has 200 wrestling DVD's majority of them including his ass jobbing.

If Storm was on the PPV, I'd like to see him go 1 on 1 with Christopher Daniels.

1 - 20 of 141 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.