Wrestling Forum banner

Lance Archer deserves better.

1476 44
Lance Archer is one of the best wrestlers on AEW's roster. He can brawl, wrestle, fly, put on great death matches, and has put over so many people in the company that it's ridiculous. I understand that people might not think he's "World Champion Material" but when he picked up the AEW World Championship during his filler feud with the whiny cowboy, it looked quite good in his hands. It certainly looked better in his hands than it did in Hangman's or REDACTED's hands, MJF floundering deserves it's own thread TBH.
But sure, he's a little "old" to be world champion and isn't a huge name to carry the company, but he'd build his stock a lot better if he actually got booked on TV and won some matches that have meaning. Every time I see him make an entrance, he gets a pop. He had a pretty big pop at Forbidden Door. He just needs to be given a chance. Doesn't need to be the world title. There are two other singles belts in the company that I think he could be a great champion with. The TNT belt has been eluding him since the damn thing's inception. He'd be a much better TNT champion than Scorpio Sky or Wardlow could ever be and a nice brutal match that sees him take down Samoa Joe would be great. With the All Atlantic title, he could do what Pac did with it and defend it in Indie promotions or hell even defend it in NJPW to keep that relationship going instead of slipping away like it seems to be. Lance Archer absolutely squashing Orange Cassidy and doing the "boot on chest" pin would do tremendous things to build his AEW stock back up and give the dude a reason for being in the company.

I really don't understand why so many people llke a guy like Eddie Kingston, arguably the worst in ring wrestler the company has, and who isn't champion material in the slightest yet a dude like Lance Archer is stuck squashing jobbers on dark and elevation. For Christ's sake, Lance Archer is the only person in AEW (REDACTED doesn't count) to beat Moxley clean. Everyone else that has ever faced Moxley and beaten him has cheated in some form except Lance Archer.

Anyone else think Archer is underrated and deserves better? What cool Lance Archer matches would you like to see in AEW if he ever was to get a title?
Reactions: Bahn Yuki
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

· Registered
20,959 Posts
Lance, is that you? :D

He's fine but he's in his mid-40s and AEW would have to build him up before he's anything other than a jobber to the stars at this point. Even in his prime years, he was at best an upper midcarder almost everywhere he went. Having a tramp stamp doesn't help either. :D

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lance, is that you? :D

He's fine but he's in his mid-40s and AEW would have to build him up before he's anything other than a jobber to the stars at this point. Even in his prime years, he was at best an upper midcarder almost everywhere he went. Having a tramp stamp doesn't help either. :D
It's like you didn't even read what I wrote. I mentioned the age thing, I mentioned building up. I mentioned him going after the "midcard" titles. If you actually read what I wrote, you wouldn't have made this post.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lance should shave the braids

he should be in the all atlantic picture when he comes back

would not mind him beating OC - a monster midcard champ is sometimes fun
All Atlantic or TNT picture, but actually winning this time. Braids are awesome and why he's the MURDERHAWK. But yes, squashing OC or having a longer brutal match where he goes over Joe would work wonders.

· Registered
27,458 Posts
All Atlantic or TNT picture, but actually winning this time. Braids are awesome and why he's the MURDERHAWK. But yes, squashing OC or having a longer brutal match where he goes over Joe would work wonders.
vs Joe won’t work at this time - both will be heels

i feel he has to change the braids - even if its just a mohawk

also, no squashing of OC - a good match will be fine

· Premium Member
5,783 Posts
It's a problem that extends far beyond Lance Archer really. The roster is so bloated and the creative for people of a good size is either awful or non-existent.

It's got to a stage where I don't feel sorry for anybody joining AEW that gets little to no creative as they now know what they're getting themselves in to.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
vs Joe won’t work at this time - both will be heels

i feel he has to change the braids - even if its just a mohawk

also, no squashing of OC - a good match will be fine
Lance Archer has been a tweener in AEW for some time. AEW doesn't shy from heel vs heel matches either. Nah the braids are iconic. Mohawk would be generic and dumb.

Yes squashing of OC, to really sell it home that Archer isn't fucking around.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's a problem that extends far beyond Lance Archer really. The roster is so bloated and the creative for people of a good size is either awful or non-existent.

It's got to a stage where I don't feel sorry for anybody joining AEW that gets little to no creative as they now know what they're getting themselves in to.

I agree. But Archer joined AEW Pre Pandemic if you can believe it. He also helped carry the company through the pandemic too. He's put over pretty much everyone he's worked with, and deserves something for that.

· Registered
RIP NapperX
6,986 Posts
I agree, he definitely has lost potential. Things looked promising in the early years, when everyone was moaning that they had no big guys. The problem is that he's still Lance Hoyt, the tall guy from TNA. He's got the tools, but there's something missing for the main event as anything other than being the Umaga to the John Cenas of the world.

Midcard, as you suggested, makes more sense. Give him a TNT title by all means. He won't get a proper run though as AEW have a great crop of their homegrown stars to push, as well as the up and coming indie acts.

Put short, they need to use him more but he's not destined for much.

· Registered
5,124 Posts
Many people have their favourites that khan hasn’t booked well. He can’t please everyone and book everyone as winners/champions.

Having said that, Archer is my guy and I wish he was booked better, I think he is awesome. Back when he was stealing the show in TNA up until now. I definitely believe in a multiverse somewhere he is a huge star.

· Registered
20,959 Posts
It's like you didn't even read what I wrote. I mentioned the age thing, I mentioned building up. I mentioned him going after the "midcard" titles. If you actually read what I wrote, you wouldn't have made this post.

You seem very defensive there, Lance. If you don’t want people reiterating the problems with pushing him to begin with, maybe you should have made this thread about someone who isn’t 45 and has never been a real star in wrestling?

• Dislike
Reactions: Alfred F. Jones

· Registered
10,411 Posts
Not really a fan of him, but would still rather see him over Wheeler Yuta.

· Mr Big Shot
1,213 Posts
I do agree there. Yet the worst wrestler ever who puts his hands on his pockets (who nobody now doesn't give a shit about) wrestles and has shit matches and makes 8 botches per match. Is given weekly matches and segments.

· Registered
20,959 Posts
Not really a fan of him, but would still rather see him over Wheeler Yuta.
Hilarious how Wheeler became the standard bearer for everything most of us never wanna see on a weekly basis.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts