Wrestling Forum banner

Lana Signs New Multi-Year WWE Contract

6K views 74 replies 58 participants last post by  birthday_massacre 
#1 ·
The Ravishing Russian is not going anywhere…at least not in the next few years.

Pro Wrestling Sheet is reporting that Lana has signed a new WWE contract that will keep her with the company for at least 5 more years. Ryan Satin noted that both sides are happy with the deal and the contract was signed this week.

The new deal will allow her to take time off for outside projects, such as the movie with husband Rusev that is titled “Another Version Of You.”

Lana and Rusev are currently involved in a storyline with Bobby Lashley. According to the story, Lana wants a divorce from Rusev after hooking up with Lashley. This week on Monday Night Raw, Rusev attacked Lashley after being served with a restraining order.

Lashley and Rusev will meet in the ring this Saturday night at the Starrcade special on the WWE Network and there are plans for them to wrestle next month at the TLC pay-per-view.

Rusev has also been in contract renewal talks. No word on if he has agreed to terms but Lana’s signing would give the impression that he’s more likely to stay with WWE.
Source:https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/a...lti-year-contract-to-remain-with-the-company/

#38 · (Edited)
Miroslav will signs after TLC, they'll push some kinda of gimmick match. where if he loses the match he'll be gone from wwe forever.I

I don't see how they can use her in the future. Her story with Lashley won't last forever and there is no way the fans would accept her being paired with Rusev again. She's making good money for someone with no discernible talent.

They'll find a stupid reason to pair Rusev and Lana up again. It's wwe after all, they want their fans to have short term memory.

#11 ·
Good, because I think they could easily hire her a manager in NWA, MLW, Impact or the overhyped AEW...

#19 ·
Her re-signing is guaranteed proof, that the storyline between her, Rusev and Lashley was meant as punishment for even thinking of leaving. How and why anyone, knowingly, would go through all that shit and still re-sign... I have no words.

I'm pretty sure that Rusev will re-sign as well, but it'll be just the dirtsheets reporting that because kayfabe to the current storyline will be broken otherwise.

#44 ·
If I were cynical I might think that Rusev and Lana had played VInce like a fiddle. By signing this contract, Lana has secured her family's finances for the next 5 years; this allows Rusev to leave at the end of his contract and increase his value with a run in NJPW or AEW and, at the same time, making Lana essentially worthless to Vince.

#14 ·
Well, good for Lana. Better get that money~

Reactions: jpickens
#34 ·
They have to. They’re likely getting overinflated deals right now to get them to stay. Deals that would be significantly less a year from now if Khan folds AEW.

I think that a lot of WWE performers are going to be in for a shock when it comes time for their next contract negotiation in 2024.

When was the last time wwe released someone that didnt fuck up such as Cass and Enzo? They probably have talent expenses in the 9 figures as of now. Jeez. Talk about a waste of money.
Going into the year I had read that roughly 20% of revenue goes towards talent salaries....far lower than in major league sports. These new deals are commiserate with the revenue infusion that they are now getting from FOX and USA...the overall percentage is probably unchanged.

#16 ·
Of course Lana was going to re-sign. She wouldn't add anything of value to another wrestling promotion so staying in WWE is a given.

Doesn't mean Rusev will re-sign too though (see Moxley/Young). I think he ultimately will however. He's the perfect example of a WWE guy from their current roster along with Miz and Orton and he seems like the type that's more about money than artistry and in the end he will also re-sign. But when that happens, I don't want to hear him spill his tea on Twitter again. You have many options if you want to get out now so if you decide to stay for 5 more years, that's all on you. Don't cry later on when they're doing nothing with you again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.