Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm pretty sure that there were quite a few talent to re-sign this year and that Vince was throwing money at them, just so they don't go to AEW (or wherever). I think that list of $1 million per year included Jinder Mahal and Gallows & Anderson and if Gallows & Anderson re-signed for that much, how much did they dish out for AJ Styles to stay because he re-signed for 3 more years.

This is not much of a stretch to think they're giving away money. How much did Tyson Fury get? $10-15 million?! I'm sure The Rock gets at least $1 million per appearance.
Mike and Maria they threw money at, and Mike is currently waiting for his release to be approved.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
If I were cynical I might think that Rusev and Lana had played VInce like a fiddle. By signing this contract, Lana has secured her family's finances for the next 5 years; this allows Rusev to leave at the end of his contract and increase his value with a run in NJPW or AEW and, at the same time, making Lana essentially worthless to Vince.

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
I'm pretty sure that there were quite a few talent to re-sign this year and that Vince was throwing money at them, just so they don't go to AEW (or wherever). I think that list of $1 million per year included Jinder Mahal and Gallows & Anderson and if Gallows & Anderson re-signed for that much, how much did they dish out for AJ Styles to stay because he re-signed for 3 more years.

This is not much of a stretch to think they're giving away money. How much did Tyson Fury get? $10-15 million?! I'm sure The Rock gets at least $1 million per appearance.
I remember reading that Dwayne Johnson was under a $3M per year deal, which is extraordinary because he has made only one or two appearances in the last three years.

Tyson's deal was financed by the Saudi deal and may have been a one off. If so, I'd consider it part of the production cost for last month's show.

Their most recent financial call listed "talent investments" as an increased cost in the last quarter - this was obviously related to putting new, lucrative 5 year deals in front of any talent who had less than 24 months left on their current deal.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I remember reading that Dwayne Johnson was under a $3M per year deal, which is extraordinary because he has made only one or two appearances in the last three years.
the rock is one of the biggest movie stars in the world just still being able to still use his face on merchandise and all of the other things that they do with his image has to be worth a lot of money

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Now that she signed, what's it gonna be for you Rusev? Do you have it in you to pull a Moxley and go somewhere else?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Excellent, Lana could be the next Elizabeth or Sherri. She can wrestle every now and again, go off and do movies, host ppvs, there are a lot of different jobs she can do.

·
Pissing in the Mainstream
1,663 Posts
since they dropped her accent she is somehow even more annoying that she was before. Rusev didn't need her to get over. She was barley able to get him any heat when he was heel. But if anything I am glad someone has convinced her that her in ring career is not going to happen

·
Registered
320 Posts
What is the actual use for Lana long term though seriously? Like what will her purpose even be besides being Rusevs wife lol I thought she was just a mouthpiece for Rusev at first and was temporary I honestly didn't even know she would stick around this long lol and am I the only one who's noticed that she has the cheap wig look going on nowadays? Idk but she looked more natural back then when she was talking for Rusev

·
Registered
589 Posts
Why would another promotion want her when there are younger/ more talented versions of her throughout pro wrestling.

·
rasslin
2,609 Posts
Rusev will re-sign

Post a long social media post in a year asking to be released because he thought things would be different.

41 - 60 of 75 Posts