Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Rest in Peace
569 Posts
Well let’s face it where else was she going to go?
Her wrestling abilities are mediocre at best and her promos are repetitive and annoying, the only thing she really has going for her are her looks
I’m guessing she will pull a Maria and get pregnant soon

I like Rusev but this storyline is making him look like a fool, but since he is apparently all about the money he will re-sign too and go back to bitching about how bad he has it on Twitter

·
Banned
894 Posts
Once Rusev re-signs this is more proof nobody wants to go to All ego wrestling
No, this means that they're only in it for the money... big money. Most everyone that has re-signed this year, has been given 5-year contracts of $1 million+ per year and if that's all WWE is willing to offer you, big money, then most talent are more inclined to take it. Or, to sum it all up in one word... whore.

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
I wonder if these five year deals come with more guaranteed money for the wrestler. What is a five year deal if WWE can release you at any time and just owe you 90 days pay?
They have to. They’re likely getting overinflated deals right now to get them to stay. Deals that would be significantly less a year from now if Khan folds AEW.

I think that a lot of WWE performers are going to be in for a shock when it comes time for their next contract negotiation in 2024.

When was the last time wwe released someone that didnt fuck up such as Cass and Enzo? They probably have talent expenses in the 9 figures as of now. Jeez. Talk about a waste of money.
Going into the year I had read that roughly 20% of revenue goes towards talent salaries....far lower than in major league sports. These new deals are commiserate with the revenue infusion that they are now getting from FOX and USA...the overall percentage is probably unchanged.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Going into the year I had read that roughly 20% of revenue goes towards talent salaries....far lower than in major league sports. These new deals are commiserate with the revenue infusion that they are now getting from FOX and USA...the overall percentage is probably unchanged.
Revenue is really high due to the insane volume of stuff they push. 4 tv shows, live events, merch, ppv, networkshows, movies, you name it. However the profit is not high at all and they could triple it by cutting some of the talent. They got multiple guys that are in 6 figure contracts and not even used on tv. Is Bo Dallas really neccesary for example? I dont think he adds a dollar to the product.

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
Revenue is really high due to the insane volume of stuff they push. 4 tv shows, live events, merch, ppv, networkshows, movies, you name it. However the profit is not high at all and they could triple it by cutting some of the talent. They got multiple guys that are in 6 figure contracts and not even used on tv. Is Bo Dallas really neccesary for example? I dont think he adds a dollar to the product.
That revenue should begin to surge starting with the next quarter thanks to the new TV deals. They have more money to play with now, and can afford to overspend without harming their profit. At least for the next five years.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I guess Miroslav signs tomorrow.
Miroslav will signs after TLC, they'll push some kinda of gimmick match. where if he loses the match he'll be gone from wwe forever.I

I don't see how they can use her in the future. Her story with Lashley won't last forever and there is no way the fans would accept her being paired with Rusev again. She's making good money for someone with no discernible talent.

They'll find a stupid reason to pair Rusev and Lana up again. It's wwe after all, they want their fans to have short term memory.

·
Banned
894 Posts
I'm pretty sure that there were quite a few talent to re-sign this year and that Vince was throwing money at them, just so they don't go to AEW (or wherever). I think that list of $1 million per year included Jinder Mahal and Gallows & Anderson and if Gallows & Anderson re-signed for that much, how much did they dish out for AJ Styles to stay because he re-signed for 3 more years.

This is not much of a stretch to think they're giving away money. How much did Tyson Fury get? $10-15 million?! I'm sure The Rock gets at least $1 million per appearance.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts