Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boy George?

:lmao

If anyone should know the ins and outs of cocaine use, it is Boy George.

The "Karma Chameleon" singer, an admitted drug addict, wrote in his blog that he doubted Lady Gaga's assertion in the September issue of Vanity Fair that she is an occasional user of the illegal substance.

"I won't lie; it's occasional," Gaga said in a wide-ranging interview. "And when I say occasional, I mean maybe a couple of times a year."

"Could it be that her use of coke is not so 'occasional?' As a recovering addict who knows how dangerous 'occasional' use is, I can think of no reason for Gaga to reveal this to her young audience," George wrote.

The Culture Club singer famously took the opposite tack during the height of his fame in the mid-1980s, denying he was addicted to heroin until his own brother went on television and outed his drug use.

Gaga on the other hand went into great detail about her troubles with the sweet stuff in Vanity Fair, saying that while she only did it once in a while now, she had almost been destroyed by drugs, and wouldn't want any of her fans to think drug use was okay.

“I do not want my fans to ever emulate that or be that way," she said of the period in her life when she was doing a lot of drugs. "I don’t want my fans to think they have to be that way to be great. It’s in the past. It was a low point, and it led to disaster.”

Boy George said his mom had the best take on Lady Gaga's current situation.

"She's reached the stage where she feels untouchable, you all get there -- you did, son," George quoted his mother as saying.

George also said calling oneself an occasional drug user is "a bit like saying you're bisexual. That usually means you're raving."

George said he has been clean and sober for two years.
http://entertainment.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/08/11/boy-george-doubts-lady-gagas-occasional-cocaine-use-claim/

First of all. What in the hell does Boy George know? Sure he's an addict but that doesn't mean everyone else is.

I'm not a big GaGa fan but who is he to doubt her claim? I don't see why she'd lie about something like this.

One can do cocaine occasionally without being ad addict. So what if she bumps a rail here and there. It's all on her. I just don't see why Boy George would doubt her claim.

·
Super Moderator
19,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, Nick, that's the way I figure it as well. Just because he can't bump a rail without going overboard doesn't mean the GaGa is the same way.

·
Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
12,954 Posts
Simple. GaGa is bragging about something that may not even be true. Posing so to speak. Using drug stories as a way for people to sympathize with her. Like if a man brags about his dick size but you never see it, he's probably got a small dick.

·
Banned
19,408 Posts
Yeah, Nick, that's the way I figure it as well. Just because he can't bump a rail without going overboard doesn't mean the GaGa is the same way.
pretty much. saying that you can't be an occasional drug user is beyond retarded.

I'd take Boy George's viewpoint over GaGa's 11 times 10. Amazing human being.
i'm not surprised benny.

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
Well one chains up rent boys to his house wall! and the other is will do anything for cash. I don't care about either of them, and if she does it's her prerogative. Boy George is known for like 2 songs, and has been cashing in on his "fame" for the last 3 decades. He's probably jealous she looks better in a hat than he does.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
i actually at first glance mixed the two lines of the thread together and thought it said "LadyCrofts cocaine use....." i was deeply concerned, and was worried about what those "fishing trips" might actually entail. good for us all, i was just reading it wrong.

interesting claim. he's just trying to gain some spotlight off of her.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
Gaga is using drug use to try and make herself seem cooler, so either way I'd side with BG in this instance.

·
Super Moderator
19,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't see how admitting she uses cocaine a few times a year makes her look cooler in any way, shape or form. It's actually risky for her to admit something like that.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,966 Posts
I don't see how admitting she uses cocaine a few times a year makes her look cooler in any way, shape or form. It's actually risky for her to admit something like that.
a risk? I highly doubt anything will happen, the bitch is money.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Simple. GaGa is bragging about something that may not even be true. Posing so to speak. Using drug stories as a way for people to sympathize with her. Like if a man brags about his dick size but you never see it, he's probably got a small dick.
Yeah, we should all look at Lady Gaga's dick to see if she's lying.

·
Asuka
96,245 Posts
Not really. It's gotten to a point where people EXPECT musicians to be on drugs, it's part of the lifestyle. And for some, inexplicable reason, LG is probably the biggest draw in the world right now. She wouldn't even get a warning from anyone for admitting it.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
Pyro has a point.

plus, tragedy sells. a lot of teenagers and such get obsessed with "tragic" characters (vampires are popular for a reason). so the more tragic, the more people might get behind you and your current success.

·
40,604 Posts

http://entertainment.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/08/11/boy-george-doubts-lady-gagas-occasional-cocaine-use-claim/

First of all. What in the hell does Boy George know? Sure he's an addict but that doesn't mean everyone else is.

I'm not a big GaGa fan but who is he to doubt her claim? I don't see why she'd lie about something like this.

One can do cocaine occasionally without being ad addict. So what if she bumps a rail here and there. It's all on her. I just don't see why Boy George would doubt her claim.
Boy George knows the play. Talk shit about someone very famous and you'll get press. This is a work. It's doubtful he gives two shits about her cocaine use/abuse.

On a somewhat related note, Justin Gabriel looks like he should be in Culture Club.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts