Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
THATS THE WALL BROTHER
21,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate it when it nears the end of semester at University, I seem to lack motivation. Well, really I've lacked motivation all semester, but it's becoming worse. I have fears that I'll fail or something. It's fucking frustrating. It's easy to say "you can do it", or "shape up, just get it done", but actually applying yourself to go above the lack of motivation is the hard bit.

I need a holiday.

·
Premium Member
19,333 Posts
I hate it when it nears the end of semester at University, I seem to lack motivation. Well, really I've lacked motivation all semester, but it's becoming worse. I have fears that I'll fail or something. It's fucking frustrating. It's easy to say "you can do it", or "shape up, just get it done", but actually applying yourself to go above the lack of motivation is the hard bit.

I need a holiday.
That should be motivation enough.

·
Banned
3,693 Posts
I agree - especially when the Melbourne Cup is on... so many distractions. It also doesn't help when all your exams are multiple choice.

·
Banned
3,560 Posts
Cum is an appropriate word if you're going to come in and .... the thread.

However like RITS said, my problem has always been distractions rather than motivation. Its funny how that video I don't get around to watching on youtube becomes that more interesting and watch-able when I have serious work to do. Maybe I need a great deal of motivation to concur over the distractions.

·
THATS THE WALL BROTHER
21,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That should be motivation enough.
At times during the semester it is, after I complete an assignment I think "well that was pretty bad I'll fail", and I end up doing well. Procastionation, lack of motivation and feelings of being burnt out combine together.

·
3,539 Posts
I know the feeling. I remember back when I was studying, I'd feel that lack of motivation as well. Especially when it came to a subject I was rather bad at. I'd feel like I was trying to fight off something inevitable. But then about 2 days before the exam I'd get a fire lit under me and I'd study and pass in the end.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
These kids in education complaining about motivation. Getting out of bed at 6am in the middle of winter to get ready for a gruelling 13 hour shift - that requires motivation. University requires you to turn up and do the damn work if you want to make anything of your life.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,164 Posts
Just fucking do it.

As a college student with a part time job this is pretty much the driving message of my life right now. Literally every problem that I have or lack of motivation can be overcome by this message.

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
I know what you mean. I kinda have a lack of motivation right now (have done for a while). Occasionally it'll go, but overall the feeling's just there. I'm assuming it happens when you've been following the same routine over and over and really don't look that far ahead into the future so what you're thinking is "How long am I gonna have to do this for?" instead of "If I do this, I'll be able to do this (which is something I do enjoy) in the future".

Guess it's just normal pessimism. Happens to everyone. Hopefully you don't fail though and get through this and then eventually somehow get your holiday to make things seem alot more fresh again

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
It's a completely reasonable problem to have. It would be so easy to just get stuff done and do it, and if you did so you'd have much less stress than you do... but for some reason the act of doing stuff seems stressful, and so to avoid stress you don't do it, which actually creates more stress and then suddenly, you begin to tell yourself that the stress you now have is only "piling on top of" the stress of doing stuff... when really, if you just GOT STUFF DONE, you'd be stress-free.

It's totally common sense. But so many people can't seem to follow through. It's not uncommon. But it does suck.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Instead of focusing on how you can't be bothered now, try and picture the sense of satisfaction and "a job well done" that you'd feel in the future.

That's how I attempt to beat procrastination. By the way, who's the babe in your avatar?

·
THATS THE WALL BROTHER
21,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
These kids in education complaining about motivation. Getting out of bed at 6am in the middle of winter to get ready for a gruelling 13 hour shift - that requires motivation. University requires you to turn up and do the damn work if you want to make anything of your life.
Well I actually work all week ontop of the University I attend. I do like the fact that I'm doing two things at once, and dealing with it. Pretty much feeling like 'end of semester syndrome', burnt out etc. Thanks for your post though.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Your motivation should be "Holy crap I'm in college! I shouldn't take this for granted , I don't wanna flip burgers or bag groceries for such low pay that I can't even live in a shitty apartment w/o having to have a roomate for the rest of my fucking life so I'm in it to win it!"

1 - 20 of 33 Posts