Wrestling Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Megastar? That's far too reactionary.

Regardless, I'm happy to see him succeeding. Been a fan since his Impact days. I wasn't feeling his run at first but I'm coming around to it. However, the name is just so bad. Shame he couldn't keep Eli Drake. Don't like the theme either.

He's not a flashy in ring guy but everything he does looks good to me. He throws a good punch too. A guy like him really sticks out in wrestling now. Variety is good. He's a highlight on NXT for me. Dude's not getting any younger though, don't really see the point of him being there for long.

·
Registered
6,350 Posts
Terrible name. It's a combination of LA Gear and British Knights. Vince must of remembered those from the 80s and thought it sounded cool.

·
Registered
25,100 Posts
I dont like his name but i like his overall character and mic work. So far his NXT work has been alright. The Ted Dibiase thing really helped spike my interest in both him and Grimes. LA Knight going to main roster= chasing R Truth and Akira Tazawa in circles around the ring for a pointless belt.

·
Mr Big Shot
313 Posts
I see money in the guy. He's got charisma and can cut a promo. Decent in the ring. He would be my next heel champ

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
He carries himself like a star. Yeah, he's very charismatic. Great physique/presence and definitely one of the best talkers in WWE. This storyline with Grimes/DiBiase/the Million Dollar belt is helping him showcase his qualities.

I hate that he's turning 39 this year though. Imagine if he was 5-6 years younger, that would've been great for his potential main roster run because I don't want them to mainly use him for putting other guys over.
They had him when he was younger but he had issues with Bill DeMott and left.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I remember when he had his singles heel run in TNA in 2015 and thinking he was ready made for the WWE. A charismatic safe worker with a good look. It's everything Vince wants and I imagine he will end up having a long popular run as an upper mid career on the main roster.

·
Registered
542 Posts
He is one of the few guys that I like in WWE. Most of these guys are boring enough to put crackheads to sleep, much of which can be attributed to boring and scripted promos.

Yet LA Knight is fast-talking, charismatic, engaging, witty, and much less stiff and scripted than the other guys. Man, if he was in AEW, and not relegated to WWE's excessively scripted programming, he'd really be able to shine.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,410 Posts
They jobbed him out hardcore on the rebranding night for NXT 2.0 that will hopefully get a lot of new viewers to the show. He's going to the main roster or he's getting cutting this winter. Up or out.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
They jobbed him out hardcore on the rebranding night for NXT 2.0 that will hopefully get a lot of new viewers to the show. He's going to the main roster or he's getting cutting this winter. Up or out.
Yeah.. I didn't understand why they had him lose twice in one night. They've never really protected him much, he lost to a nobody rookie in Jake Atlas and lost to Bronson Reed, two guys who were kicked to the curb. They just make lots of poor booking choices with their mid carders, like why have Jinder get pinned by the Viking Raiders and The New Day when Veer or Shanky could have been pinned?

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
rewatched yesterdays match. Not sure what caused LA Knight to be busted open but during Ciampa's finisher, he kinda face planted. That finisher can be dangerous to be on the receiving end of, but a great match. I have a feeling he's going to put over Bron Steiner in a feud soon, which still looking forward to the feud but I want him to be booked stronger.

·
Registered
277 Posts
i can see him going to the main roster, he's one the few guys that can carry a long promo/segment. hes the ideal miz replacement

21 - 39 of 39 Posts