Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
I'm WHAT IT IS!
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is LA Knight really, really good? Or is it just me? He oozes charisma. His arrogance is absurd, comical, and captivating in the best possible way. He's so fun to watch, has me smiling, I can't get enough of him. I'm looking up clips on social media because he makes me so happy. I do this for nobody else. He's the only reason I turn on NXT. He really could be a "megastar." I don't think I'm overrating how talented he is. He reminds me of Macho Man Randy Savage, Rick Rude, The Rock, and maybe The Miz (slightly).

The LA Knight ring name sucks, though. There's nothing wrong with the Knight surname. It's the LA part that's bad. Maybe rename him Eli Knight.

·
6,548 Posts
He carries himself like a star. Yeah, he's very charismatic. Great physique/presence and definitely one of the best talkers in WWE. This storyline with Grimes/DiBiase/the Million Dollar belt is helping him showcase his qualities.

I hate that he's turning 39 this year though. Imagine if he was 5-6 years younger, that would've been great for his potential main roster run because I don't want them to mainly use him for putting other guys over.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Dude is solid all around, but I think his age while still being in NXT is gonna put a cap on his potential. Glad he's gonna make his money though.

·
Registered
6,350 Posts
He's good, but has a terrible WWE name. They literally combined LA Gear with British Knights. Vince probably thought it sounded cool......

Reactions: Kowalski's Killer

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
He's really good and has all the qualities to get over with a mainstream national audience, but the WWE doesn't like when guys get over, and they have no incentive to have the boys draw money anymore because they make a shit ton from Peacock and guaranteed TV contracts.

·
Fearless University Graduate
17,364 Posts
The mediocrity that people consider greatness these days is pathetic. This is Eli Drake were talking about... he was always just a "promo" guy and that hasn't changed. That ladder match the other week was horrible!
Considering the abundance of 'just a spot monkey' guys we have ruining Pro Wrestling thesedays we need more people who are just promos guys to bring some fun and stories back to Pro Wrestling.

·
Registered
Resident Centrist
5,956 Posts
The mediocrity that people consider greatness these days is pathetic. This is Eli Drake were talking about... he was always just a "promo" guy and that hasn't changed. That ladder match the other week was horrible!
Being a promo only guy is better than being a wrestling only guy I reckon. He's 2nd best in NXT after Kross.

·
Southern Pride
5,565 Posts
I do wish that he had a better name. When he started calling himself Eli Drake I thought that sounded dumb but ill gladly take that over a name that sounds like a sports team.

Other than that, he is solid all around. It never hurts to be great at promos in a wrestling company that makes everyone cut promos, even if they suck at it (Ricochet).

·
Registered
13,484 Posts
I'm totally sold on LA Knight, I'm glad he's getting a second chance in WWE. He has the look/physique, ring skill, mic/promo skill and charisma. Everything to succeed so I hope he does.

Reactions: Mateus Tunes

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
16,231 Posts
Being a promo only guy is better than being a wrestling only guy I reckon. He's 2nd best in NXT after Kross.
Nah, the top 2 best guys on NXT would actually include 2 of Adam Cole, Johnny Gargano, and Tommaso Ciampa.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Considering the abundance of 'just a spot monkey' guys we have ruining Pro Wrestling thesedays we need more people who are just promos guys to bring some fun and stories back to Pro Wrestling.
To each their own... To me he's just an obnoxious loud-mouth that doesn't do anything interesting in the ring (so basically The Miz).

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
16,231 Posts
To each their own... To me he's just an obnoxious loud-mouth that doesn't do anything interesting in the ring (so basically The Miz).
Yea, The Miz is the better version of LA Knight anyway :p

1 - 20 of 39 Posts